Merch line help wanted

MYMMYM Posts: 195
I'll be attending my first concerts at Fenway, and was hoping to get a poster for each show.
From what I'm reading, it seems like there can be quite a merch line.
How early do you suggest one get in line to secure a chance to get the stuff one wants?
Thanks!
Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
Seattle 1 - 8/8/18

Comments

• Camp out. Merch people are cray cray!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,272
    What, you're not in line yet? You're screwed!
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182

Camp out. Merch people are cray cray!!!

It's sad, but for these shows I bet people will. Situation is out of control.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    Posters are the first to go. I would be there 5 hours before the trailer opens. Bring a lawn chair, coffee, water, and anything to keep busy. I've met some cool people in lines before so good conversation helps. Or skip the wait, enjoy Boston and wait for the drop in the shop.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Make friends. Know what each other is looking for and the first in line tries to get what is needed. What they can't get, gets filtered down to the next one in line. That is how I got the Lexington poster for my friend. A friend got it for me. They still had them when I got up there, but ran out a few people after me. Had another friend let me know, I would have purchased it for him. He was a lil too late. I didn't buy because I already had what I needed. 3 1/2 hours in line. Met great people and had a good time. No chair in sight though. Didn't kill me.

Good luck!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • MYMMYM Posts: 195
    oh boy....lol.... cray cray for realz
    i was thinking of buying two - one to keep and one to trade....but it's gonna be hard to convince my wife to sit in line for 5 hours for a poster (and by hard, i mean, LMAO not a chance!)
    Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle 1 - 8/8/18
  • MYMMYM Posts: 195
    this is good advice...thanks to all
    Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle 1 - 8/8/18
  • riley540riley540 Posts: 1,132
    Anyone want to get extra Fenway posters for someone on the west coast :) I will pay you for them and give you my Toronto poster as a thank you present :):):)
    MYM said:

this is good advice...thanks to all

Depending on the poster demand, if you get two posters for night 1 you may be able to trade for night two here on the forums.
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455
    Bloody hell! This deal has become so ridiculous. I love the schwag but I think I'm just going to skip the whole rigmarole and enjoy my time in Bean and Chi Towns. It's come to the point that it's more preferable to just pay the markup on eBay and skip the aggravation of waiting in an interminable line.
    AceCool said:

Bloody hell! This deal has become so ridiculous. I love the schwag but I think I'm just going to skip the whole rigmarole and enjoy my time in Bean and Chi Towns. It's come to the point that it's more preferable to just pay the markup on eBay and skip the aggravation of waiting in an interminable line.

True, you can spend 5-7 hours in line and pay $35 for a poster(s) or spend 200 after the show on eBay, unless it's a Kong or Cracker Jack.
  • AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455
    You just have to ask yourself how much is your time worth.
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,036
    I just got my PJ merch tickets on ticketek. Hope you guys got yours
  • They had two different posters for each show at Wrigley in 2013, so we should assume the same for their Fenway debut, no? That means if those getting one for themselves and one for trade, then that's four (obviously).

Please just get one of each for yourself and don't pass the inflated prices on to others so they can "finance" your concert-going. "Don't be an asshole," as Eddie would say.
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)

They had two different posters for each show at Wrigley in 2013, so we should assume the same for their Fenway debut, no? That means if those getting one for themselves and one for trade, then that's four (obviously).

Please just get one of each for yourself and don't pass the inflated prices on to others so they can "finance" your concert-going. "Don't be an asshole," as Eddie would say.

Agreed. Passed the poster that I had just for face. I didn't even purchase one for myself. (Wasn't a fan of the Lexington poster. Wouldn't hang it.) I hate that the merch truck has become a fundraising venture for people.
  • Vultures ...
  • I just got my PJ merch tickets on ticketek. Hope you guys got yours

What is this?
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

What is this?
    Someone wanting to try to get people into a fuss. Ignore it.
  • deadendp said:

What is this?
    Someone wanting to try to get people into a fuss. Ignore it.
    Yeah, that's what I thought.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,141

They had two different posters for each show at Wrigley in 2013, so we should assume the same for their Fenway debut, no? That means if those getting one for themselves and one for trade, then that's four (obviously).

There were two shows @ Wrigley in '13? That's the first I've heard of that.

RE: Merch line advice. If you're going to do it, go early..... as early as possible if you want to score that is.

I did the line @ Wrigley, and after waiting in the hot sun for over 4 hours though, all the crap I wanted was sold out by the time I got up there. It wasn't a complete waste of time as I met some cool people (my favorite part about traveling to see this band besides the actual show itself) but I won't be making that mistake again.

I'll stick to meeting people at the pre-parties & the shows.
  • agentpinckneyagentpinckney Posts: 267
    edited June 2016

There were two shows @ Wrigley in '13? That's the first I've heard of that.

RE: Merch line advice. If you're going to do it, go early..... as early as possible if you want to score that is.

I did the line @ Wrigley, and after waiting in the hot sun for over 4 hours though, all the crap I wanted was sold out by the time I got up there. It wasn't a complete waste of time as I met some cool people (my favorite part about traveling to see this band besides the actual show itself) but I won't be making that mistake again.

I'll stick to meeting people at the pre-parties & the shows.
    My bad ... one show, four different posters. So I was thinking two shows each at Fenway and Wrigley so two different posters for each (four variations), if they had gone with four different posters for one show previously. Four posters for one show seems a little much.
    Believe it or not, in NYC I remember a line waiting service people could hire....
    http://www.sameolelinedudes.com/

Believe it or not, in NYC I remember a line waiting service people could hire....

I heard that. Honestly, as long as there isn't a line of empty chairs in front of me that I am expected to stand behind (ain't gonna happen, BTW) then it is all good. One line holder per person seems reasonable. If they want to hire them, have at it. Just don't tell me that there are 30 people in line in front of me, an ass ton of empty chairs and expect me to be okay when 80 show up right when merch is to be purchased. Nope. Ain't gonna happen at all. That was what happened this spring tour.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    deadendp said:

I heard that. Honestly, as long as there isn't a line of empty chairs in front of me that I am expected to stand behind (ain't gonna happen, BTW) then it is all good. One line holder per person seems reasonable. If they want to hire them, have at it. Just don't tell me that there are 30 people in line in front of me, an ass ton of empty chairs and expect me to be okay when 80 show up right when merch is to be purchased. Nope. Ain't gonna happen at all. That was what happened this spring tour.
    Seriously?? If I was going to deal with the merch line and there were empty chairs in front of me I'd be walking right passed them to the front.
    bflynn1 said:

deadendp said:

Seriously?? If I was going to deal with the merch line and there were empty chairs in front of me I'd be walking right passed them to the front.
    I warned my Lexington friends. Thankfully, it wasn't an issue there, but I think it was in Columbia.
  • glennb2112glennb2112 Posts: 247
    Still looking for a line Buddy to swap posters for sat/mon Wriglye. PM if interested.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,141

For Wrigley & Fenway, I'm expecting something along the lines of what they did for Wrigley '13 & GCF.

A few posters for each stadium sold at both shows (maybe 4 total) and plenty of other show specific items (hats / shirts, assorted crap like flags, pennants, wrist bands, trading cards etc.) I wouldn't be surprised to see a pop-up shop for either or both shows too.

I know GCF had no band specific merchandise at the show which is what prompted the pop-up shop in NYC, but there were pop-up shops on the last European tour as well if I'm not mistaken.
  • Horse2345 said:

What, you're not in line yet? You're screwed!

:rofl:
  • jbrowniejbrownie Posts: 136
    While we're talking merchandise, can anyone show n tell me what they have had thus far? Is it in the newsletter? I know the posters are unique, but the stickers are too? That can't be all the shirts they're bringing up in the shop section, right?

Sorry, just don't wanna be that guy standing at the booth all indecisive n shit. Grab 'n Go!

I hope they DO have pop-up stores & booths inside, 'cause, yeah, it's gonna be crazy those 4 nights.