Ten Club Kind of Screwed Me

2»

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    No business is fault free. Always room for improvement but they've given me the best customer service over the decades. Really happy with 10C.

Glad u were able to get a poster another way.
  • reyrey Posts: 280
    CopperTom said:

Trying to purchase anything else with a limited item is a very rookie move. I say this is user error rather than a significant flaw with 10c's inventory system.

In hindsight it certainly appears to be a rookie move but as I said in the original post, I knew I was operating under a pretty tight time frame before these posters would be gone. Also, I have enough experience to know that just having the poster in your cart does not assure the purchase. So, I wanted to take the quickest path from cart to completion of purchase. Maybe not a rookie, but I am still learning and now I know not to have anything else in the cart when purchasing a limited item. Hopefully others reading this thread can benefit from my experience.

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    OP, if you look at the chain of events another way, the real cause of your misfortune was that your wife left an old piece of merchandise in your cart. You didn't want to take the time to delete it and then it bit you in the ass.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam said:

OP, if you look at the chain of events another way, the real cause of your misfortune was that your wife left an old piece of merchandise in your cart. You didn't want to take the time to delete it and then it bit you in the ass.

Yes, that is correct except for the part where you say that I "didn't want to take the time to delete it". I would have been more than happy to take the time to delete it but given the poster I was purchasing, I didn't know if I had the time to delete it. I know you can say that it takes one mouse click to delete the other item, but it felt like I might not have a second to waste in trying to purchase this poster.

• buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    He who hesitates......gets no poster
    jeffbr said:

Completely disagree. Any good system should be able to handle exceptions. If the system knows that there is an exception and just dumps it into a queue for manual processing, it just means that it isn't robust enough. If they recognize there is an exception, then it isn't a stretch to think that they could wrap some code around that exception. Process the order without the item causing the exception, but notify the user of item(s) in the cart that couldn't be processed for whatever reason. Unhandled exceptions are just lazy.

This pretty much sums up how I felt about what happened. I know nothing (obviously) about e-commerce or robust systems, or how much it may cost to implement a robust system but I didn't think it was too difficult to process an order for multiple items without the item causing the exception. I guess I was wrong.

• agentpinckneyagentpinckney Posts: 267
    edited June 2016
    It's half your wife's fault for leaving it in the cart and half yours for not noticing at the top of your shopping page (before the poster became available) that you already had 1 item in the cart. Seems as though you overlooked it when you were stalking The Shop for your much-coveted poster of choice. It must have been in there for quite some time if it was an outdated product. I simply disagree that Ten Club screwed you in any way. Glad you were able to get it, though.
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • It's half your wife's fault for leaving it in the cart and half yours for not noticing at the top of your shopping page (before the poster became available) that you already had 1 item in the cart. Seems as though you overlooked it when you were stalking The Shop for your much-coveted poster of choice. It must have been in there for quite some time if it was an outdated product. I simply disagree that Ten Club screwed you in any way. Glad you were able to get it, though.

wrong. the cart will say empty until you actually visit the cart. thanks oreos.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    i have the same problem....i have something in my cart...i have no idea what it is though. good thing that i was too late for both yesterday and today or i'd be in the same predicament.
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Oh bitch away, OP. We all know it's not the end of the world but helps to let it out - we all need to from time to time. And to your credit, you did say "kind of screwed me" (cock-teasers! ;) ).

elway is a stand-up guy and hope his offer helps you out in the process of him helping others.

Salut!
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    I decided several years ago to never let the computer be the cause of my fuck up. I always try to go through the entire checkout process with on all websites, except for the actual paying, just to make sure I have it right. I still fuck it up about 25% of the time, even when I know how to do it. Computers made it so now it is usually 95% human error, but we don't know what the fucking error was!! I still like my chances with the 10 club versus everywhere else
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,036
    I have gotten through before on 10C and checked out. But never received email. I had a similar kind of email back from them when I asked them what happened. It bums you out, but that is online purchasing.
    Dave - well done on the offer.