Options

Rolling Stone hates Stupid Mop

2»

Comments

• Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    I prefer "Stupid Mop" to "Aye Davanita" and "Pry, To".
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,424
    PJ_Soul said:

igotid88 said:

RS65573 said:

So was betterman. He knows what's a million bucks and they are. Wash I mean there dozens.

Brendan O'Brien pushed them to include Better man. Eddie didn't want to at first from what i recall.
    Really? I didn't know that. Another strike against BoB of that's true. Better Man just seems like such a strange fit on Vitalogy to me. It's not a bad song, but I think the album would be better without it.
    When Brendan was on PJ radio he was talking about it. But Better Man is a great song. You can't leave it out anywhere.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582
    edited June 2016
    igotid88 said:

PJ_Soul said:

igotid88 said:

RS65573 said:

So was betterman. He knows what's a million bucks and they are. Wash I mean there dozens.

Brendan O'Brien pushed them to include Better man. Eddie didn't want to at first from what i recall.
    Really? I didn't know that. Another strike against BoB of that's true. Better Man just seems like such a strange fit on Vitalogy to me. It's not a bad song, but I think the album would be better without it.
    When Brendan was on PJ radio he was talking about it. But Better Man is a great song. You can't leave it out anywhere.
    It's a fine song (i'm not in love with it, but it's good. I think the sing-along has tainted it a little bit for me TBH. Way too much glee for a song about domestic abuse IMO). I just think it's wrong for Vitalogy in particular. Vitalogy is more raw and experimental, and I feel like Better Man seems kind of dropped in there for no reason other than to increase radio play. It was done to hold onto the masses IMO.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Hey, Foxymophandlemama, that's me ... is a personal favourite.

I've gotten strange reactions from people for this, but it is what it is. It's one of my favourites.
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    Love it. It's art. PJ at its weirdest. They should take more chances like this nowadays
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582
    broloco said:

Love it. It's art. PJ at its weirdest. They should take more chances like this nowadays

Totally agree. They seem to have lost that experimental spark.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata