Did Ed even know who Ellie Goulding is? Does he listen to the radio nowadays?

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845

as far as I know none of us here are Eddie Vedder (if you are, then hey man, when you playing UK again?). we dont know what music he does or doesnt like, who he does or doesnt know. you dont have to like the same music/people as he does, just like the music he produces.

Yep.
  • NSLNSL Posts: 293
    I don't think he lives under a rock
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
    2024-08-26 - Noblesville, IN
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    These threads are funny... beiber, sports athletes, and this girl.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited June 2016
    Nami said:

These threads are funny... beiber, sports athletes, and this girl.

Big difference tho! One rocks a PJ shirt that costs $1500 but has no idea who they are. The other became a musician because of Ten. :lol:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Who's Ellie Goulding???
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    edited June 2016
    Ellie Goulding has some seriously good pop songs and saw her on one of those live shows on Palledia and thought she came across pretty good live too.

edit: her caption on the photo wasn't included either.

"Anyone who knows me will know that this was an incredibly special moment for me. Meeting my hero Eddie for the first time."

i think a lot of us can relate.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116

as far as I know none of us here are Eddie Vedder (if you are, then hey man, when you playing UK again?). we dont know what music he does or doesnt like, who he does or doesnt know. you dont have to like the same music/people as he does, just like the music he produces.

Except we sort of DO know, the music he does and doesn't like. If you are quoted in the media saying "pop music is crap" its crystal clear what music you like and dislike. And does anyone here not know Ed's all time favorite band or the music he loves?
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited June 2016
    Post edited by Longueuil on
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    I hardly think Eddie Vedder's social life operates in a vacuum where he only surrounds himself with people who have the exact same personal tastes that he does.

His best friend was a staunch republican for crying out loud.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,169
    edited June 2016
    I know who Ellie is and if I heard a song of hers on the radio id probably know it.

She's looking pretty hot in that pic too. If Ed didn't know much about her before, he might now.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845

Except we sort of DO know, the music he does and doesn't like. If you are quoted in the media saying "pop music is crap" its crystal clear what music you like and dislike. And does anyone here not know Ed's all time favorite band or the music he loves?
    People change. I don't think he listens to a lot of pop music but maybe he doesn't have as much disdain for it. Who knows. If songs like Sirens, Just Breathe, Future Days, and Sleeping by Myself were on Vs. I wouldn't have become a fan of Pearl Jam. People change over the years.
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    Maybe he doesn't spend all his time in his man cave surrounded by posters and stickers of his favorite band obsessing about every little detail and blocking out the outside world totally.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • PapPap Posts: 28,823
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    RP112579 said:

I think Ed is a lot more aware of other artists and types of music than you think.

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i dont know if eddie knows her,,but she is awesome!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Never heard of her.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    I saw this and just thought it was awesome on every level

I bet Ed was devastated to meet such a lovely looking lady ;)
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    know1 said:

Never heard of her.

That's ok mookeywrench will educate you about Internet Search engines...you know just incase lol
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited June 2016
    Pretentiousness at its finest

Girl can sing and has headlined many festivals...if you have kids you are more in tune with current pop music and im sure Ed knows who she is....I don't listen to a lot of current music but im going to be respectful of the art itself
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • BS44325 said:

Ellie Goulding is on record as being a huge Pearl Jam fan. She has previously stated that Ten is her favourite album. I'm sure Eddie knows who she is.

Yes. Even if he doesn't like her style of music, he knows who she is. I saw that interview clip where she said Ten was her favorite record or something. She sounded pretty genuine about it and I didn't know who she was. Now that I know her big song, I wonder why Ten didn't have more influence on her music... ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,066

Maybe I didnt explain it properly. Obviously we know his love of the who and other bands.
    I just think in answer to the original question, he would know who she was. From what I hear she is popular in the US and performing at the same festival as Pearl Jam, Im sure eddie listens to a much wider range of music now he has kids as well.

I just get a bit sick of people looking down on other musicians for liking Pearl Jam. Last week Justin Bieber, this week Ellie Goulding, in the past is was One Direction. Whether people like their music or not they must understand musicians in other genres also like Pearl Jam
  • as far as I know none of us here are Eddie Vedder (if you are, then hey man, when you playing UK again?). we dont know what music he does or doesnt like, who he does or doesnt know. you dont have to like the same music/people as he does, just like the music he produces.

Maybe I didnt explain it properly. Obviously we know his love of the who and other bands.
    I just think in answer to the original question, he would know who she was. From what I hear she is popular in the US and performing at the same festival as Pearl Jam, Im sure eddie listens to a much wider range of music now he has kids as well.

I just get a bit sick of people looking down on other musicians for liking Pearl Jam. Last week Justin Bieber, this week Ellie Goulding, in the past is was One Direction. Whether people like their music or not they must understand musicians in other genres also like Pearl Jam
    There's a difference between Ellie Goulding saying "Ten is my favorite record of all time that changed my life" or whatever it was, and Justin Bieber photographed wearing a t-shirt. Has he actually said he likes Pearl Jam? Think it was just the No Code parking lot shirt wasn't it?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,066

There's a difference between Ellie Goulding saying "Ten is my favorite record of all time that changed my life" or whatever it was, and Justin Bieber photographed wearing a t-shirt. Has he actually said he likes Pearl Jam? Think it was just the No Code parking lot shirt wasn't it?
    I've not heard him say he likes them but I've seen a couple photos round here of him in a couple different shirts, I just assumed if he had the shirts he would be a fan, hell, he owns more Pearl Jam shirts than I do hahah. why assume he doesnt like them?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Almost on the 3rd page debating whether Ed knows who Ellie Goulding is and dissecting things she's said and worn and what Bieber has worn, etc. We really get bored when the tour is over, don't we? :lol:

Pearl Jam is my favorite band of all time. But some of my other favorite artists are Orbital, Tegan & Sara, Rush, Kacey Musgraves, Morcheeba, Hilltop Hoods, Mark Ronson, The Chemical Brothers, etc. Pigeonholing someone's tastes and knowledge based on what type of music they play is a bit narrow.
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    mrk2 said:

Maybe he doesn't spend all his time in his man cave surrounded by posters and stickers of his favorite band obsessing about every little detail and blocking out the outside world totally.

Awesome post
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897

I've not heard him say he likes them but I've seen a couple photos round here of him in a couple different shirts, I just assumed if he had the shirts he would be a fan, hell, he owns more Pearl Jam shirts than I do hahah. why assume he doesnt like them?
    He has supposedly been seen at Pearl Jam shows too. He seems to actually be a fan on some level. Yeah, I don't understand why people have such a hard time beliebing it. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,169
    Ed's thinking....'Fuck, I'm taller than you...nice!'
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14