Options

The Garden DVD : A good show ?

MeaninglessMeaningless Posts: 55
edited April 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
I like it but when I recall Pink pop 92 Goshh
What do you think about It ?
"Actually we could do a commercial for Dodge, Can't Find A Better Van"
E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,570
    Whenever I watch live at the garden, I can't even get past even flow before I get bored.

Then I press menu, song selection and sonic reducer before I turn it off.

But you really cant compare this to pinkpop 1992. Thats two different bands! 03 shows can only be compared to other 03 shows!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,131

Pink Pop 92 is more fun to watch.
    The Garden '03 is more fun to listen to.

Depends on which aspect you prefer.

They are what they are. I like them both. Especially watching the "Matt-cam" on the Garden DVD in the special features.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    I enjoy it!
  • Options
    mAraujomAraujo Posts: 84
    I love it, but I never had the patience to watch the Matt cam. I get bored really fast.
    butt cheeks can't be tamed!!!

http://www.myspace.com/bandagente
  • Options
    Two BirdsTwo Birds Posts: 256
    changing the original topic here....what's the Showbox DVD like? Comparable to the Garden and Touring Band?

Thanks,
    Peace,
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Two Birds wrote:
    changing the original topic here....what's the Showbox DVD like? Comparable to the Garden and Touring Band?

Thanks,

Touring Band and then a little drop off to Showbox and then a huge gap to get to The Garden. 2cents
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    Showbox is cool. Sorta like, up close and personal. However, if you don't like Binaural or Riot Act, Showbox is not for you. 10 songs from RA and 5 from Bin.
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Showbox is great. The up close and personal comment is fair. Touring Band is great because it's sort of a "Best of" for that year. Garden is cool because it's a full complete show, but to be fair, I'd say it's like a solid "7" on a scale of 1 to 10 by Pearl Jam standards. So, as a live DVD for people who don't know Pearl Jam it's amazing. For veteran Pearl Jam show goers it's really good, but that by itself can be sort of disapointing when seeking the Greatness they are capable of.

Showbox is maybe a "6" by hard core fan standards, *BUT* what makes it cool is that it's a show for ten club members only, and it's admitedly a "warm up" show for the riot act tour. When you accept the show for what it is, a semi rehersal for freinds and fans, in some ways it becomes better than the Garden. It's sort of like a cross between "Live at the Garden" and "Single Video Theory".

The Performance of "Daughter" btw has the "War, what is it good for" tag, and depending on your politics it makes the DVD worth buying all by itself.

For fans of the vintage "angry young man" era Eddie, it's an *amazing* moment.

Personally I *love* all the DVDs and I happilly contend that a "6" or "7" PJ show still blows live shows by most other bands out of the water. If you haven't been to a lot of PJ shows, I say get em and you'll be amazed. The only reason I include the semi low ratings is for the hard core veterans who know that a PJ show can go to even higher places on the right night.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Watching LATG right at the moment. What a great show!!! Visual and audio quality better than Showbox. Prefer Touring Band myself with the extras, Evolution=Best Video Ever. All deserve 10s because PJ is so much better than the average live band!
    #FHP
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    All 3 Daughter tags are great!
    #FHP
  • Options
    Ed's voice on LATG is fucked. I can't bear to listen to Low Light, he sounds like he's in pain.

I much prefer Touring Band, then Showbox, then as even flow? said, a huge drop to LATG. However I'm sure the rumoured Italia 06 DVD will be mindblowing, just as Pinkpop 92 is.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    I'm waiting for the Wembley '07 DVD... I've heard it's going to be spectacular... :cool:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    On the bootleg from the show the night after the Garden DVD Ed refers to the previous night as "one the great nights of this band".

It's a good show butthe set list for the night after was much better IMHO.

the DVD is excellent though, especially if viewed on a decent TV
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147
    Is there a Pink Pop DVD?

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
  • Options
    I watch it and think

"Man. Too bad they didn't release State College or Philly."

:(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    overrated
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    well, you had to be there that night and it was very memorable, even the band thought so. I mean, from all the shows they played in 2003, and there were a lot of good ones too, they chose MSG I. I thought Eddie's voice was GREAT that night and it wasn't shot at all. To me, that show was one of the BEST shows I ever experienced. Crown of Thorns. BREATH?! Sonic Reducer. LOWLIGHT! Those are the highlight of the show which kicks ASS!!

i also like the other dvds, Touring Band was awesome as well :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    They should release Pink Pop officially and 1992 Rotterdam and Milano which are simply the most amazing PJ videos I've ever seeen...you don't have to be a fan to enjoy it (my friends saw these videos and were impresed and amazed instantly :cool:)

Well, I like Live At The Garden. But somehow the crowd and the show itself
    totally differ from what I experienced in Europe.

BTW Arnhem or Antwerp would deserve DVDs on their own!!!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    CloudDog wrote:
    Is there a Pink Pop DVD?
    Yep,an unofficial dvd called 'children of the revolution" it contains the mtv unplugged with time code!!!

Wave to all my friends...
    "Actually we could do a commercial for Dodge, Can't Find A Better Van"
    E.V
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Yep,an unofficial dvd called 'children of the revolution" it contains the mtv unplugged with time code!!!

Wave to all my friends...
    You wouldn't know how someone might find this do you? :)
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Its a good dvd. I mean I have friends who weren't into them and then they saw Evenflow on LATG. Now as stereotypical as this is, Evenflow was the song they all knew, like alot of people it was part of the fairwether handful of songs so when they saw this being performed and saw the transformation they looked at the band differently, some went out and picked up a few records. The point is, that I think most serious fans take it for granted because we've seen the band when they peak during any particular era and what they're capable of. Is it the band at their best? No, but lets not forget that it still fucking rocks.
    :)
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    its pretty amazing that dvd is the only thing loads of casual pearl jam fans have to go by.... I guess i'd be the same if I didn't find youkanland :D... I'm nearing the half terabyte range on that site!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    yeeah...tha LATG show sucks and bores....lucky for me that I wasnt there....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    ALL dvd's SUCK AND ARE BORING even MSG i was there 1st row in front of MIKE and that show was awsome, but i don't go back and watch the dvd or any for that matter nothing replaces beeing at the show live ,so if you didn't get to see PJ at the garden you missed a classic .......to see PJ at their best you must get to see them at the following states ,BOSTON ,PHILLY ,NY ,SEATTLE .........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mnarob3mnarob3 Posts: 235
    the Reading festival dvd just fuckin' ROCKS from first to the last song!!!
    best PJ dvd out there I think!
    *~~bologna 14.9.2006~~*~~vienna 25.9.2006~~*~~zagreb 26.9.2006~~
    *~~munich 12.6.2007~~*~~chorzow 13.6.2007~~*
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    ALL dvd's SUCK AND ARE BORING even MSG i was there 1st row in front of MIKE and that show was awsome, but i don't go back and watch the dvd or any for that matter nothing replaces beeing at the show live ,so if you didn't get to see PJ at the garden you missed a classic .......to see PJ at their best you must get to see them at the following states ,BOSTON ,PHILLY ,NY ,SEATTLE .........

have you seen them in europe, canada or south america before?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    mnarob3 wrote:
    the Reading festival dvd just fuckin' ROCKS from first to the last song!!!
    best PJ dvd out there I think!
    I agree :D...but then I'm slightly biased ;)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    bharQ wrote:
    have you seen them in europe, canada or south america before?
    yes i have SOUTH AMERICA, what i meant was in this country not the world..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mike could play the banjo while eddie burps into the microphone and i would fucking love it

i think sometimes people put the band on too high a pedastal, IMO. perhaps stone should walk on water?
  • Options
    CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    I absolutely love Live at the Garden DVD, amazing performance, beautiful setlist, totally love it!!. Furthermore, after almost 8 years of trying to convince my husband about the greatness of PJ and failing big time, Live at the Garden came out and it was all it took to prove me right ;). Gladly my hubby went on to become almost as big a fan as I am :)