Official Bonnarooooo Thread

13»

Comments

• MonkeyDan72MonkeyDan72 Posts: 682

bluevalve said:

If you scour Twitter you can find videos of some of the songs. Comfortably Numb sounded beautiful, as usual. But this has got to be the fastest, roughest Given to Fly I've ever heard: https://youtu.be/EEOyvox99o0

Matt was way ahead of Jeff, and Eddie was just sort of doing his own thing.

I was there tonight, and there were a few more fuck ups than usual. Save you was a complete mess. Ed just couldn't remember the lyrics to any verse at all. The show itself was great. The guys seemed to have a great time, but a few of the songs were rough.
    Really surprised if this boot ever comes out. Not one song was complete lyrically. Some missed verses. Mikes solos were cut short when Ed started back to soon.
    A very magical birthday concert for Olivia though. That was cool.

Oh well. The band sounded great!!
  • zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    artist prints are up for sale, $95 bucks though

http://www.stevethomasart.com/
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Nashville Calling :lol:
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Longueuil said:

Nashville Calling :lol:

They sell those at Grimeys in Nashville.
  • WW187806WW187806 Posts: 558
    NIce Set. Im sure the delay had an affect, as well as the festival atmosphere. Surprised no one jumped on stage, but wonder who was still around. I imagine at Bonnarooo guys stick around to hang out with each other backstage... but who knows in the life of a rockstar.
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 397
    Other than the show specific shirts and poster, what merch/shirts did they have? Since some of the Spring tour shirts had this date and the baseball shows listed on the back, I wondered if they'd continue to sel those til the end of summer.
  • phaqewphaqew Posts: 18
    edited June 2016
    please pardon my ignorance. why wasn't this streamed? I watched all 3 channels until 2 am est. no pearl jam. Did I miss it somehow? I did discover that sean lennon is a pretty great guitarist and the claypool lennon delirium was the biggest surprise of the night. I also dug grace potters set.
    Post edited by phaqew on
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    demetrios said:
    Now THAT is a happy 'Cready face!

Two happy faces.

Love it.
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    phaqew said:

please pardon my ignorance. why wasn't this streamed? I watched all 3 channels until 2 am est. no pearl jam. I did discover that sean lennon is a pretty great guitarist and the claypool lennon delirium was the biggest surprise of the night. I also dug grace potters set.

Pearl Jam almost routinely denies permission for their sets to be streamed live.
    I think it's happened a few times in the past,
    but even then...they've only allowed a few songs to be shown!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    love that ed gave a shout out to mickey hart specifically. my guess is mickey was there a day early and perhaps hanging with ed&the boys backstage. still need to find out how/when ed etc met jerry. but this is just one more piece in that puzzle figured out.