Official Bonnarooooo Thread

Comments

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,169
    edited June 2016
    Strange set! Are we missing some songs!?
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023

Makes you wonder if this is the correct order. This set just seems very different.
    17.Betterman
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Ray J. T. said:

Makes you wonder if this is the correct order. This set just seems very different.
    Almost looks like they played a 12 song first set, ending with Porch. I can see from Oceans on being the 2nd set.
    Ray J. T. said:

Seems like a lot of hits too! Maybe with a late start they've played more popular songs to keep the crowd 'going'
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    Valid points.
    18.Black
    19 Alive Almost over.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,185
    They don't break out too many white whales at festivals. That's not why people are there and they know that.
    This is Stones dream.

They don't break out too many white whales at festivals. That's not why people are there and they know that.
    This is Stones dream.

Glad I didn't spend the money to go, that's for sure.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,185
    EM194007 said:

This is Stones dream.

Glad I didn't spend the money to go, that's for sure.
    Festivals are for the quantity and quality of bands.

You aren't going to hear deep cuts too often.

Hearing all the other bands make it worth it. Give it a try.
    edited June 2016

Festivals are for the quantity and quality of bands.

You aren't going to hear deep cuts too often.

Hearing all the other bands make it worth it. Give it a try.

I've been to many festivals, been to Roo 3 times. Just not much there this year that caught my interest to go. Other then PJ & D&C.
    Their Bonaroo 08 performance will go down as one of their greatest festival gigs. Maybe we were expecting something similar!?
    Again, maybe the weather and subsequent delay change their setlist strategy.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    20. ROCKIN'

Real short show, it seems. Like said above, maybe the weather screwed their set up.
    edited June 2016
    20.RITFW

is it over? If so, seems like a very short set. They supposedly don't have anyone scheduled after PJ on that stage! Not to mention there is no curfew.
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
    Ray J. T. said:

20.RITFW

is it over?

I say at least one more, probably YLB.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Ray J. T. said:

20.RITFW

is it over? If so, seems like a very short set. They supposedly don't have anyone scheduled after PJ on that stage! Not to mention there is no curfew.

Don't forget they do have to cleanup for tomorrow, probably why they don't have bands play all night. I always feel bad for the cleanup crews.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Ray J. T. said:

20.RITFW

Don't forget they do have to cleanup for tomorrow, probably why they don't have bands play all night. I always feel bad for the cleanup crews.
    Very true.
  • elenelen Posts: 188
    Setlist posted on Instagram:
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
    Ray J. T. said:

Ray J. T. said:

20.RITFW

Very true.
    I take that back, they do have artist playing till the early morning hours, but it's mostly rave type and some super group. I guess they just close the main stage early

elen said:

Interstellar
    Pilate
    Baba

And another one crossed off....!?
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14

elen said:

Interstellar
    Pilate
    Baba

And another one crossed off....!?
    Someone in the other thread thinks it's grievance

edited June 2016

Someone in the other thread thinks it's grievance

Just a guess, since it looks like a "G". Who knows. Could be Comatose.
    Post edited by EM194007 on
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    edited June 2016
    Looks like it's Grievance!
    Post edited by Red Mosqito on
  • bluevalvebluevalve Posts: 4
    If you scour Twitter you can find videos of some of the songs. Comfortably Numb sounded beautiful, as usual. But this has got to be the fastest, roughest Given to Fly I've ever heard: https://youtu.be/EEOyvox99o0

Matt was way ahead of Jeff, and Eddie was just sort of doing his own thing.
  • Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    edited June 2016
    bluevalve said:

If you scour Twitter you can find videos of some of the songs. Comfortably Numb sounded beautiful, as usual. But this has got to be the fastest, roughest Given to Fly I've ever heard: https://youtu.be/EEOyvox99o0

I was there tonight, and there were a few more fuck ups than usual. Save you was a complete mess. Ed just couldn't remember the lyrics to any verse at all. The show itself was great. The guys seemed to have a great time, but a few of the songs were rough.
    Post edited by Hubmann2513 on
  • bluevalvebluevalve Posts: 4

bluevalve said:

If you scour Twitter you can find videos of some of the songs. Comfortably Numb sounded beautiful, as usual. But this has got to be the fastest, roughest Given to Fly I've ever heard: ...

I was there tonight, and there were a few more fuck ups than usual. Save you was a complete mess. Ed just couldn't remember the lyrics to any verse at all. The show itself was great. The guys seemed to have a great time, but a few of the songs were rough.
    Any night with Pearl Jam is a good night, though, in my book. Still, this is why I like to stick to the tours. 3 hour sets meticulously crafted for the fan base.
  • Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    bluevalve said:

bluevalve said:

If you scour Twitter you can find videos of some of the songs. Comfortably Numb sounded beautiful, as usual. But this has got to be the fastest, roughest Given to Fly I've ever heard: ...

Any night with Pearl Jam is a good night, though, in my book. Still, this is why I like to stick to the tours. 3 hour sets meticulously crafted for the fan base.
    I totally agree. It was a great night even! Made some new friends, got to see a few people enjoy pj for the first time. It was great. And to be honest, with the almost 100 degree weather all day, and the lightning delay, the two hour set was perfect.
  • rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    edited June 2016

Their Bonaroo 08 performance will go down as one of their greatest festival gigs. Maybe we were expecting something similar!?
    Again, maybe the weather and subsequent delay change their setlist strategy.

Voodoo in 2013 was 25 songs and a pretty good variation. Granted Steve Gleason wrote the set but still not too shabby for a festival.
    Post edited by rvapete on