Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    JT167846 said:
    Looks like 10,000 Days vinyl is finally coming. Only took 16 years...
    A good quality one?

Something I have always wondered about their mixing is if it's all digital?  There are definitely different sounds and dubs I hear in their stuff and always wondered how it was done.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    Saved a Laterus (sp?) From my buds dumpster.about 10 yrs ago.  In my cd player now for a few weeks. Always kinda liked tool, but now feel I've been infected by them. I had a tick crawling on my hand while that song came on. Coincidence? 

Love that line goes something like , lifts you up like a child, drags you down like a stone...tillllll you leeeeetttt it goooooo.

Lyrics are pretty damn good

So much music, so little time

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,776
    Loujoe said:
    Saved a Laterus (sp?) From my buds dumpster.about 10 yrs ago.  In my cd player now for a few weeks. Always kinda liked tool, but now feel I've been infected by them. I had a tick crawling on my hand while that song came on. Coincidence? 

Love that line goes something like , lifts you up like a child, drags you down like a stone...tillllll you leeeeetttt it goooooo.

Lyrics are pretty damn good

So much music, so little time

Lateralus
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    JT167846 said:
    Looks like 10,000 Days vinyl is finally coming. Only took 16 years...
    A good quality one?

Something I have always wondered about their mixing is if it's all digital?  There are definitely different sounds and dubs I hear in their stuff and always wondered how it was done.
    Think it's all recorded to analog and mixed digitally. Danny has samples loaded onto his electronic pads and programmes them differently for each song.

I'm not a vinyl collector but I buy a lot for my brother as they're great default birthday presents. Have gotten him every Tool album available on vinyl save 10KD and Ænima. So hope to get him the set soon. Have heard horror stories about the Lateralus vinyl-he hasn't mentioned anything though. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Welcome to Rockville 2023

May tour incoming? Anyone have any info? Been in the dark with Tool rumours for the last couple of months. 
  • Options
    The last rumor I heard was late winter 2023, which clearly isn't happening (2022's late winter tour was announced in October of '21) 

Regardless, this is great news. I hope it's more than just festivals. 
  • Options
    There was a countdown on their page.
  • Options
    There was a countdown on their page.
    It's for more merch. 

As Hugh accurately mentioned elsewhere yesterday, they're starting to become the new Kiss. 
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    That's a heck of a lineup. I suspect more dates are coming I can't believe they're bringing all their gear across the country for one festival 
  • Options
    Theres a damn signed skull for sale on their site... A crystal, fucking, skull.  Eat your heart out Indiana Jones.
  • Options

• Options
    GB281198 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!  Perfect!!HAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • Options
    GB281198 said:

Awesome.
  • Options
    GB281198 said:

Awesome.
    I can't take credit it came from Reddit. I thought it was funny 
  • Options

• Options
    GB281198 said:

would suggest they are playing. but no line up has been announced...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Giving away a $1000 skull you would think Tool is playing. I'm guessing an announcement coming in January with hopefully more shows
  • Options
    They are now selling merch for the crystal skull. This is officially ridiculous 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Love their music so much. Their artwork? Too weird for me.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    Baby brainlike. Cooler b/c It's a skull.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    edited December 2022
    GB281198 said:
    They are now selling merch for the crystal skull. This is officially ridiculous 
    Read this wrong.

HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!
  • Options
    hey look at that. another merch sale.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    hey look at that. another merch sale.
    buy, buy, buy send more money 
  • Options
    As horrendous (& laughable) as most of this is , this is one of the coolest shirts I’ve seen from them in a long time, if ever. 

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    Tool at Sonic temple festival in May. 

Hopefully more dates to come. 
  • Options
    Tool at Sonic temple festival in May. 

Hopefully more dates to come. 
    Facebook post of theirs says friday. poster says Thursday.

• Options
    I would be hard pressed to think they gear up for only two festival appearances... I think Puscifer has a festival in Europe planned for June, so if Tool is going to do anything while out for these festivals, it would stand to reason the dates would be in April and May. 
  • Options
    I would be hard pressed to think they gear up for only two festival appearances... I think Puscifer has a festival in Europe planned for June, so if Tool is going to do anything while out for these festivals, it would stand to reason the dates would be in April and May. 
    August through October are for picking grapes so those months you mentioned are good.
  • Options
    August through October are for picking grapes so those months you mentioned are good.
     I think Tool toured in October of '19, but you're not far off... the later summer months sounds about right. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    edited January 2023
    Looks like I will be throwing some vacation hail mary picks for both Pearl Jam and Tool during the same months. Hopefully I can hit something. I missed the last tour and am excited to see Tool play again. Hopefully we get something in the Canada after they did not reschedule during covid. 
    Post edited by PJNB on