Options

Pearl Jam Live @ Third Man Records!!!

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,266
    FR181798 said:

Arrived in sunny Scotland today. This is probably the fastest delivered TMR Vault, super early and signed for (they have subsidised the postage). Superb package, I don't usually like the books and stuff that much but the photo book is really good, gold on the sleeve is really good as well. I've been with TMR Vault since day one and although there have been a couple of not so great packages and a few mistakes made (which they always fix) they really know what they are doing and seem to have learned and took things on board each time. 10c could really learn a lot from them, they've just got it so right...right down to putting the pin in an envelope with the point facing away from the record etc. Very impressed.

Did you get charged duty?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited August 2016
    No duty, only charged once out of all 29 Vaults when they put the whole subscription fee as value, this time not so.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    of the earth is beyond awesome
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited August 2016
    Horse2345 said:

Kmac84 said:

I received a letter from fedex Thursday for the duty on the TMR/PJ poster and koozie. After all the fees and taxes the amount due is $44.43 CAD. That's just criminal. Thought it was bad enough I paid $33.44 US freight.

How was it shipped? It looks like the vaults are shipped Fedex to the boarder then Canada Post from what i read on the tracking site.
    Yeah, I'm thinking it might transfer to CP too, but am not sure. I saw the disclaimer about not having responsibility once packages are passed off to local post office authorities, but I didn't take that to mean that this would be the case for sure. Just a disclaimer in case that is the procedure. I am really hoping it does go to CP though! No idea where it is now. There is no tracking info at all. It just says that it's on the way to the destination country, which is what it's said since it was entered into their system. Tracking is pretty damn useless when... it doesn't actually track anything.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 278
    mcgruff10 said:

It's just absolutely spectacular

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

PJ_Soul said:

The Vaults usually stick to a regular schedule. I wouldn't expect it earlier. I mean, anything's possible, but it's never happened since I've been paying attention, so there is no reason to think differently for this one.

mwplum said:

Horse2345 said:

Anybody international know if these are shipped with duty paid already or if we'll get dinged when they arrive? Deciding whether to self clear or not.
    Thanks

You get dinged. I joined earlier this year (from Vancouver) and have to pay about $20,CAD per order
    What, really? I have never ever paid duty on a TMR Vault. Plus the cost of this one was only $45 USD. You shouldn't be paying duty on stuff under $50.
    It's actually $20 and Canadian not US. I think in the past they were sent USPS this time its Fedex and theres a 99% chance youll get dinged by them.
    No, I meant the item is under $50 USD in value. I have never been charged duty for items that cost under $50 no matter who the courier has been, but we shall see I guess.
    My invoice shows $41.80 CDN owing :( Really, that's pretty awful - over half the cost of the item itself in fees.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,013

mcgruff10 said:

It's just absolutely spectacular

Love it!
  • Options
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

PJ_Soul said:

The Vaults usually stick to a regular schedule. I wouldn't expect it earlier. I mean, anything's possible, but it's never happened since I've been paying attention, so there is no reason to think differently for this one.

mwplum said:

Horse2345 said:

Anybody international know if these are shipped with duty paid already or if we'll get dinged when they arrive? Deciding whether to self clear or not.
    Thanks

You get dinged. I joined earlier this year (from Vancouver) and have to pay about $20,CAD per order
    What, really? I have never ever paid duty on a TMR Vault. Plus the cost of this one was only $45 USD. You shouldn't be paying duty on stuff under $50.
    It's actually $20 and Canadian not US. I think in the past they were sent USPS this time its Fedex and theres a 99% chance youll get dinged by them.
    No, I meant the item is under $50 USD in value. I have never been charged duty for items that cost under $50 no matter who the courier has been, but we shall see I guess.
    My invoice shows $41.80 CDN owing :( Really, that's pretty awful - over half the cost of the item itself in fees.
    You got an invoice for the vault already? Did you get the actual package already?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mwplum said:

Horse2345 said:

Thanks

You got an invoice for the vault already? Did you get the actual package already?
    Nope - insult to injury, my invoice came on the 13th, but not the package.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mwplum said:

Horse2345 said:

Thanks

Nope - insult to injury, my invoice came on the 13th, but not the package.
    Well if you're going to get dinged thats the best way, now you can just take invoice and self clear, itll only be about $8 and when they deliver you can laugh at them when they ask for money.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mwplum said:

Horse2345 said:

Thanks

Um, huh? $41.80?? For a $45 item to Canda?? That doesn't sound right. I've never heard of anything like that for in item from the US to Canada, FedEx or not, and I handle procurement at work.... Even with UPS it would be under $20. I'd be making some phone calls if I were you! There isn't 100% duty on US imported vinyl!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mwplum said:

Horse2345 said:

Thanks

My Vault was valued at a lot lower than you might expect, probably 50% lower than the threshold for goods imported to the UK. Thought the value might have been the same on all, sounds like you were unlucky.
  • Options
    Houston Texas checking in. I received my Third Man Vault package today 08/29/2016. I opened the package to ensure all contents are in good order but found the 7" record missing. I opened the LP and found the PJ record, and extra empty 12" record sleeve but no 7" record.
    Has any one else experienced this?

• Options
    never mind found it!
    all good!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mwplum said:

Horse2345 said:

Thanks

If you are dealing with FedEx or UPS, you're gonna gonna pay. Not the same with USPS though. Even if they put $50 on the outside box & check mark merch for customs, we still won't get hit with Canada Post. Well, here in Nova Scotia. I've NEVER had to pay a dime if the merch is under $50 via goods & service via USPS / Canada Post. For UPS & FedEx, no matter what the value is, get ready to pay. This is why I try to avoid businesses who use UPS or FedEx as their choice for international shipping. Avoid it at all costs. After hearing today folks having to pay over $20 CDN on customs on the TMR Vault, totally sucks. It sucks big time! $45 dollar item. You pay for the postage. Then you pay another $20 to FedEx? Blows my mind Third Man Records continues to use FedEx for their international shipping.

I'm glad we don't pay customs for our Pearl Jam items here @ the 10club store. I know it takes forever to get our 10club items in the mail. Even though we pay ALOT for postage (same rate as everyone outside the USA), here we are the last country on planet Earth to receive their 10club items before every else does. Least we don't have to pay for customs / duty taxes at the door.
  • Options
    Well this is the first time TMR won't be arriving by Canada Post for me (if this one doesn't too). I don't know why TMR would be using a different shipping method than usual (they usually use UPS, and they hand it over to CP). So yeah, still just hoping that FedEx is also handing these over to Canada Post.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    Holy shit. This record is beyond excellent! Pearl Jam leveled up for this show. The mixing on this is impeccable. It sounds perfect. Do yourself a favor and listen to it with a decent pair of headphones and fucking turn it up. And MY GOD OF THE EARTH sounds better than I even imagined! This is the best song they've done thus far IMHO. A fucking wall of guitars with Ed's howling vocals...Jesus Christ! (By the way, Ed sounds absolutely flawless on every song.) JW and McCready going back and forth is relentless and AWESOME. This is the Pearl Jam we all fell in love with but better than ever. Third Man Records did a hell of a job on the sound of this piece.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811

Holy shit. This record is beyond excellent! Pearl Jam leveled up for this show. The mixing on this is impeccable. It sounds perfect. Do yourself a favor and listen to it with a decent pair of headphones and fucking turn it up. And MY GOD OF THE EARTH sounds better than I even imagined! This is the best song they've done thus far IMHO. A fucking wall of guitars with Ed's howling vocals...Jesus Christ! (By the way, Ed sounds absolutely flawless on every song.) JW and McCready going back and forth is relentless and AWESOME. This is the Pearl Jam we all fell in love with but better than ever. Third Man Records did a hell of a job on the sound of this piece.

TMR is awesome. They know how to mix. Plus Jack is building his own pressing plant in Detroit. His commitment to the format is just growing.
  • Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    hey fellow canucks, how do you check your tracking? my # is not working on the fedex site. i know it shipped as i received the email from TMR (last name begins with S). and that totally sucks if we have to pay that much duty!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    stukatz said:

hey fellow canucks, how do you check your tracking? my # is not working on the fedex site. i know it shipped as i received the email from TMR (last name begins with S). and that totally sucks if we have to pay that much duty!

Yeah, it's weird that it doesn't work when you go to fedex.com directly and use the tracking feature. Instead, use the tracking link that is provided in the body of the shipping email you received. That takes you to a page that is asking you to enter your postal code/zip code, but just paste the actual tracking number in there instead, and it should take you to the tracking. Worked for me, anyway.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    mrussel1 said:

TMR is awesome. They know how to mix. Plus Jack is building his own pressing plant in Detroit. His commitment to the format is just growing.
    Yes they do. Ive been a big fan of JW for a long time and had no doubt TMR would do a good job with this...but damn they really blew this one out of the water!! I gotta give credit to PJ too, they sound incredible. It may not take long for this to become my favorite vinyl PJ has ever released. Seriously, it sounds that good. And that setlist... :rock_on:
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 550
    I never got the obsession with Of the Earth. Always thought it was just ok.
    The TMR version changed my mind. It sounds incredible. What a fantastic sounding record all around
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Scheduled to arrive by the end of the day on Friday! Last name starts with C
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    Last name C, living in Kentucky (Louisville)--still in "Label Created" status. Received email on 8/24; FedEx tracking shows label created way back on 8/15.
  • Options
    Of the Earth is one of the best things PJ has ever put on tape.

Another reminder of how important Matt is to the band and that as great as they were from 91-96, they're light years ahead musically since Binaural.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Another reminder of how important Matt is to the band and that as great as they were from 91-96, they're light years ahead musically since Binaural.

Interesting perspective. I agree that Binaural, Riot Act, and S/T are amazing.... they really fell off after that though, IMO, so I'm not sure what to make of their musical direction since 2007.
    OTE one of the best songs PJ ever made? Ya think?? Or do you just mean the TMR performance with JW?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options

Totally agree with everything here.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    I have this sneaking feeling mine blew up this morning on the FedEx truck :disappointed:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    thanks.....funny thing is i tried that yesterday (4 days after i received the TMR email) and nothing, but today it miraculously worked. still enroute though....
    PJ_Soul said:

stukatz said:

Yeah, it's weird that it doesn't work when you go to fedex.com directly and use the tracking feature. Instead, use the tracking link that is provided in the body of the shipping email you received. That takes you to a page that is asking you to enter your postal code/zip code, but just paste the actual tracking number in there instead, and it should take you to the tracking. Worked for me, anyway.