Options

Vault 6

1235»

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Matt's drumming in 98 was amazing. Probably because it was raw and all on instincts. I have no idea. I just know that it gave the tunes a different feel that was awesome
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    that right? $38 shipping?
    i will be the first... .holy f...!
    guess my vault days are over
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,535
    Nice..not great, but nice..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496
    07/13/98 – The Forum: Inglewood, CA [107m]
    attendance: 15,500
    support act: X and Tenacious D
    soundcheck: Even Flow, Not for You, Spin the Black Circle, Whipping, Leaving Here, Last Exit, Alive riff, Present Tense, Off He Goes (first three songs may not be in order)
    set: Sometimes, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Brain of J, In Hiding, Even Flow, Given to Fly, MFC, Not for You, Wishlist, Jeremy, Do the Evolution, Dissident, Present Tense, Spin the Black Circle, Rearviewmirror, Go

enc 1: Elderly Woman, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Daughter/(I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts), Alive

enc 2: Baba O’Riley

notes: The opening act, Tenacious D, are two guys with acoustic guitars who are VERY funny. Ed introduces them, saying something like, “Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath will not be here tonight as scheduled. Instead, their bastard child, Tenacious D!” ;) Mr. McCready is wearing a dress and fishnet stockings. The band seems rested from Las Vegas and in a good mood. ‘Wishlist’ last lines are modified to, “I wish I got to play in a band, and open up for X. I wish, I wish, I could tell you, they’ll be out here next.” Mike gets tackled by Ed at the end of ‘STBC,’ and he spins him around by his ankles. Ed mentions that Mike Watt gave him a book before ‘Elderly Woman,’ and quotes a line from Willy Wonka, “Do you know what happened to the boy whose wishes all came true? He lived happily ever after.” A great moment during ‘Elderly Woman:’ at the song’s climax … “I just want to scream HELLO!!! My God it’s been so long. Never dreamed you’d return, but now here you are [looking out to the crowd, bright white lights on] and here I am.” Ed comments that they are lucky to play the Forum, that the crowd is lucky to play in the Forum. Also that it not the Great Western Forum to them, but “The Fabulous Forum.” The ‘Daughter’ tag is once again an X song. ‘Alive’ includes a tease of the Black Sabbath song ‘Heaven and Hell’ in the ending jam and the behind the head guitar work. An incredible ‘Baba O’Riley,’ with all of them simply going off. Ed spills Heineken all across the stage and during the final notes, he gets a running start and slides on his knees with his guitar across the stage (much as in the movie The Kids are Alright where Townshend does this during ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’). Then Ed breaks his red Gibson SG. A hard-driving show.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,628
    Nami said:

I have to keep up the collection, but yeah, the price of shipping to Canada is rage inducing. The album is about $100+ CAD when all is said and done, and that is insanity.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    Let's hope Baba is on this release.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I'd be pissed if they cut out songs without telling the buyers just because that would be very poor business practice, but I like to think they wouldn't be that inconsiderate. (Didn't they already make that mistake once?)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    PJ_Soul said:

Nami said:

I have to keep up the collection, but yeah, the price of shipping to Canada is rage inducing. The album is about $100+ CAD when all is said and done, and that is insanity.
    The shipping cost sucks. The part that gets me is $38 and will most likely not include tracking.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I'd be pissed if they cut out songs without telling the buyers just because that would be very poor business practice, but I like to think they wouldn't be that inconsiderate. (Didn't they already make that mistake once?)

Hasn't that been the case on at least one if not 2 of the vault releases?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Hasn't that been the case on at least one if not 2 of the vault releases?
    Yeah songs were cut out, but they told us about it, no? I think with Vault 3 they didn't at first but then realized that was a mistake and updated us.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,945
    $37.49 to ship to uk...I think that put me off last time too.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,965
    Any songs from this show end up on Live on 2 Legs!?!?
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,585
    that's an old song, this is a new song,. it's evolution baby,..
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,965
    edited June 2016
    RW8297 said:

that's an old song, this is a new song,. it's evolution baby,..

Nice! Always wondered what the 'old song' was before DTE.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483

Yeah, I get tired of the whole "it's been released before" and "there's been a quality audience recording available for years" arguments. NOT ON VINYL!!

Some of us don't care about vinyl.
    And some of us do care about vinyl, but only if the cost is justified by increased fidelity. Unfortunately, the last vault release was remastered very poorly.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    edited June 2016
    Looks like a cool show. Looking forward to the digital copy as I'm not a vinyl guy. Happy for all you vinyl junkies. Glad they continued the vault series. Enjoy :smiley:
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914

Yeah, I get tired of the whole "it's been released before" and "there's been a quality audience recording available for years" arguments. NOT ON VINYL!!

And some of us do care about vinyl, but only if the cost is justified by increased fidelity. Unfortunately, the last vault release was remastered very poorly.
    vault 5 sounded that bad on vinyl?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

Brisk. said:

Fuck yes more soundboard 98 shows. Matt's kit is one of the best sounding things ever from this tour, also 2000.

THIS RIGHT HERE.
    Yup. Matts drums and Stones guitar and their peak.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,986
    mcgruff10 said:

Not to me. I haven't been disappointed with sound quality on any of the vinyl Vault releases.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    dudeman said:

mcgruff10 said:

Not to me. I haven't been disappointed with sound quality on any of the vinyl Vault releases.
    Me too. I don't remember any of them being poor
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149

dudeman said:

mcgruff10 said:

Me too. I don't remember any of them being poor
    I have the original Basecamp release of that show. Solid all the way through. Not heard the new one but asked ahead of the release last year if it was essentially the BC version or a newly revisited mix/master.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dudeman said:

mcgruff10 said:

Me neither. They all sound good. 3 maybe sounds better than 4 and 5, but they all still sound good IMO. I am very happy to have them.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Vault releases and postage are expensive but Pearl Jam vinyl always seems to hold its value. There are a few exceptions but The Vault releases are a decent investment. Another couple of years and people will be biting your hand off to buy it at current prices. Quite often I have doubts about buying vinyl but better to buy now and sell on later rather than regret not buying it a few years down the line.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

Vault releases and postage are expensive but Pearl Jam vinyl always seems to hold its value. There are a few exceptions but The Vault releases are a decent investment. Another couple of years and people will be biting your hand off to buy it at current prices. Quite often I have doubts about buying vinyl but better to buy now and sell on later rather than regret not buying it a few years down the line.

I have never regretted a 10C vinyl purchase. I have only regretted NOT making a purchase.
  • Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422

hoping its a full release
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

hoping its a full release
    TWSS
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Avard said:

i hear rumours that pj are playing TMR tonight.

BAM
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    edited June 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

I thought it was concluded (or maybe I just assumed?) that they've remastered the vaults the same for all formats...digital and vinyl. I never bought the vinyl because I just assumed it came from the same digital source. Has anybody done a dynamic range comparison between the vinyl and digital? Saying "it sounds good to me" doesn't really help. And me saying generally that it was "remastered very poorly" doesn't really help when I was talking about the digital. I apologize for that.
    Post edited by darthvedder on