A national radio station wants to call me to discuss UK punk rock

I left a comment on their facebook page about who was better out of the Sex Pistols and The Clash and any other contenders.
I got a message this morning saying their producer loved my comment and wants to call me to chat.
Waiting for the call!
So excited, didn't expect that. Had to share lol
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    double J?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

double J?

?
    And good luck, TA. Enjoy the experience.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165

double J?

yep
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    hedonist said:

And good luck, TA. Enjoy the experience.

thank you. I am waiting for the call.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Use the opportunity to bash Donald Trump.. And beans, I fucking hate beans
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    Good stuff! Make sure to give a shout out to Rob! Hopefully they won't cut that part out!

In all seriousness, very cool.

double J?

yep
    tuning in now. :)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

double J?

yep

I don't know if it will be broadcast live.
    punk in the uk?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

double J?

yep

I don't know if it will be broadcast live.
    its not. its broadcast tonight at 8. :)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Yeah. I mean I don't know if my phone call will be broadcast.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    My god man, BE POSITIVE! It will be aired . . . it will be aired . . . rinse, repeat . . . :smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1

its funny hearing yourself on the radio. I remember the first time I heard my voice, I didn't even recognise it. it was for a competition and I hear this girl call up and i thought oh that poor girl ive already won that prize. then i thought hang on a minute that's me! lol
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I give great phone
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13

its funny hearing yourself on the radio. I remember the first time I heard my voice, I didn't even recognise it. it was for a competition and I hear this girl call up and i thought oh that poor girl ive already won that prize. then i thought hang on a minute that's me! lol
    I sound dumber than I am. I've heard myself recorded.
    deadendp said:

My god man, BE POSITIVE! It will be aired . . . it will be aired . . . rinse, repeat . . . :smile:

I asked the radio person if I will be on air, waiting for a reply.
    I don't know if I want to incase I say something dumb.

deadendp said:

wouldn't be the first time someone said something dumb on the Js. ;) lol

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

deadendp said:

This wasn't really the positive direction that I was pointing you in. :nuh_uh:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

This wasn't really the positive direction that I was pointing you in. :nuh_uh:
    haha sorry

High and whiny?

(know that wasn't a dig but a Seinfeld reference =) )

TA, it's OK to fuck up on occasion! In fact, it's a requisite of life, and of learning.
    So, I just got the call, they will call back at 2.30 to record me and that will be aired tonight from 8,
    Typing up what to say.
    I just recorded it. Took 2 takes.
    The radio station played it back for me, I sound so stupid lol
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,627
    Cool opportunity, Thoughts! Tell us more!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

What I said....

Hi my name is ______ and I am from Melbourne. You’re listening to the j files on double j.

I love the Clash because of how diverse they were, so many genres of music they touched on, especially on the London Calling album. It is very hard to pick a favourite song. Safe European Home, Career Opportunities, Rock the Casbah and their cover of I Fought The Law stand out for me.

I love punk rock because it is raw and honest, it is real, it is a form of rock music accessible to budding musicians, there is nothing fake or pretentious about it. It definitely inspired me artistically, inspired me to pick up a guitar. It changed my taste in music and how I view the world. It’s given me courage to be myself.

brianlux said:

What I said....

Hi my name is ______ and I am from Melbourne. You’re listening to the j files on double j.

I love the Clash because of how diverse they were, so many genres of music they touched on, especially on the London Calling album. It is very hard to pick a favourite song. Safe European Home, Career Opportunities, Rock the Casbah and their cover of I Fought The Law stand out for me.

I love punk rock because it is raw and honest, it is real, it is a form of rock music accessible to budding musicians, there is nothing fake or pretentious about it. It definitely inspired me artistically, inspired me to pick up a guitar. It changed my taste in music and how I view the world. It’s given me courage to be myself.
    Excellent take. Good job man.

brianlux said:

What I said....

Thanks.
    Even though I typed that up and read from it I sounded so nervous, had to do two takes as I mumbled at the end of one.
    edited June 2016

brianlux said:

What I said....

Thanks.
    Even though I typed that up and read from it I sounded so nervous, had to do two takes as I mumbled at the end of one.
    Don't sweat it. You aren't a radio/tv personality. It's not always supposed to be natural to you. I can stand in a group and interact with or train a large amount of people without issues, but if you put me in the front of a class with everyone focused and looking at me I get nervous. They most likely can't tell as I have become used to hiding it, but it's really hard for me. Those people you hear on the radio and tv have spent a good amount of time honing their craft.

brianlux said:

What I said....

Thanks.
    Don't sweat it. You aren't a radio/tv personality. It's not always supposed to be natural to you. I can stand in a group and interact with or train a large amount of people without issues, but if you put me in the front of a class with everyone focused and looking at me I get nervous. They most likely can't tell as I have become used to hiding it, but it's really hard for me. Those people you hear on the radio and tv have spent a good amount of time honing their craft.
    Thanks dude. I literally sweated it. Was all sweaty lol
    I wish I sounded more intellectual like artists.
    On now. Double J online stream.