Options

6/7/16 psst....

Comments

• Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,963

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Poster addicts anonymous is in session.
    I save all my tubes in case I sell a poster or a buddy needs a tube or my kids want to make a craft with a sturdy tube, so I've got about 100 poster tubes next to my work table in the basement. This has recently become a sore spot between me and wifey. No way am I throwing them out, you never know when you'll need a good poster tube. Wife wants me to "pare" down not my poster collection, but my poster tube collection....hehehe.

I'm like that with record mailers - got a stack to the ceiling in one closet and more in another. Drives the wife crazy (as if she needs any help)!
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,446
    My girl calls me a poster whore.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,249
    KC138045 said:

mcgruff10 said:

All your wife's/girlfriends reactions kill me. My wife does the same thing. She doesn't even say anything and im justifying the purchase to her lol

my wife is the same way! "what else could you possibly need from the ten club? Don't you have every bootleg?!"
    I no longer have to worry about what the wife thinks!

It's the Summer of Keith!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQbtXVn-PA8
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Love it!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Poncier said:

KC138045 said:

mcgruff10 said:

All your wife's/girlfriends reactions kill me. My wife does the same thing. She doesn't even say anything and im justifying the purchase to her lol

my wife is the same way! "what else could you possibly need from the ten club? Don't you have every bootleg?!"

Haha, I wasn't the only one who got that reference ;)
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

Poncier said:

KC138045 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Haha, I wasn't the only one who got that reference ;)
    I'm glad someone did ;)
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    KC138045 said:

mcgruff10 said:

This made me LOL at work! Enjoy the summer Keith!
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,446
    I was thinking Alexander Keith's.
    Cheers to the summer of keith!!!
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

KC138045 said:

mcgruff10 said:

This made me LOL at work! Enjoy the summer Keith!
    DavidD said:

I was thinking Alexander Keith's.
    Cheers to the summer of keith!!!

Thanks guys!!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    All of you and your wives, sounds like my husband and I :hushed: I'm currently warming him up to the idea of saving for my most desired poster of a show Ive attended but don't yet have (msg 98.... Very jealous mcgruff). This might take awhile but I'm patient.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Costanza
  • Options
    Can't Stand Ya
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

All of you and your wives, sounds like my husband and I :hushed: I'm currently warming him up to the idea of saving for my most desired poster of a show Ive attended but don't yet have (msg 98.... Very jealous mcgruff). This might take awhile but I'm patient.

This is the only poster i need for shows I've been to, I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on buying it......yet.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

My poster collection isn't complaining, but my wife sure as hell is.

That's why I switched to collecting PJ guitar picks...they are easier to hide from the Mrs LOL and don't shout "LOOK!! ANOTHER POSTER ARRIVED!!" when the mail comes
    I'm in for it soon as poster tubes will show up 1 by 1....think I will be at 9 this tour. Mrs FMe is going to be Mrs KickMe.
    Just remember "honey, i swear, I had no idea. they are gifts from friends and the 10c!"
    LOL. Yeah, I never was good at lying. Will take my lumps. :)
    Please provide gifs/vids of you receiving these lumps.

Thanks.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Man saves 100 poster tubes = wife gets pissy.
    Woman has 100 pairs of shoes & only ever wears 5 of them = gets pissy if husband says anything about it.

Women crack me the hell up!
  • Options

Woman has 100 pairs of shoes & only ever wears 5 of them = gets pissy if husband says anything about it.

Holy crap, don't get me started.

We have two closets in the master bedroom, she has them both. She's currently encroaching on 'my' closet in the spare bedroom.

My clothes are going to be in the basement soon.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,763
    See I have both way too many pairs of shoes and way too many poster tubes, bringing balance to the universe.

When I get a poster, I walk into the post office and my postal lady just goes into the back to get it for me, I don't even need to get my parcel card she knows who all the tubes are for.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

BINGO.
    Makes no sense to me, I hear this every time a package shows up for me.
    There's no way to win this one!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651

Holy crap, don't get me started.

We have two closets in the master bedroom, she has them both. She's currently encroaching on 'my' closet in the spare bedroom.

My clothes are going to be in the basement soon.
    Same boat -- large walk in closet in the master bedroom and I have my clothes in the guest room closet.
    My wife is really cool about the posters -- have about 20 up now, but I think I am going to have to wallpaper my office with the rest of them as she is about at her limit in the house.
    One poster from this tour (Ft Lauderdale BK beauty) she is cool with hanging out in the general area. Not so much the others based on the first pass.

Dankind - I will send you pictures of the bruises. ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651

See I have both way too many pairs of shoes and way too many poster tubes, bringing balance to the universe.

When I get a poster, I walk into the post office and my postal lady just goes into the back to get it for me, I don't even need to get my parcel card she knows who all the tubes are for.

Sorta cheating ND, you live the single life like a champion. (No husband to content with)
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,763

Sorta cheating ND, you live the single life like a champion. (No husband to content with)
    It's not cheating, just waiting for the right person who won't bitch about the shoes or the posters or how many shows per tour.....you know the impossible. =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Add another tube to the list. :chicken:
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,910

you'll get that poster one day! what's the going rate for a msg 98 poster?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

It's not cheating, just waiting for the right person who won't bitch about the shoes or the posters or how many shows per tour.....you know the impossible. =)
    PM sent :rofl:
  • Options

Careful Brother, ND is an unstoppable force. (An amazingly awesome force!)
  • Options

IDK, I think I'm doing pretty good. My wife has travelled to Hartford, NYC, Philly, Montreal, Chicago and Denver for PJ shows with me.

If that includes the occasional nagging about my poster collection, I'll take that tradeoff.
  • Options

This would be an awfully long-distance relationship--plus, you'd have to deal with a Habs fan on a daily basis. Not sure many can put up with that. Props to you if you can overlook it, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

He's a suitor!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    dankind said:

This would be an awfully long-distance relationship--plus, you'd have to deal with a Habs fan on a daily basis. Not sure many can put up with that. Props to you if you can overlook it, though.
    I live in Penguin country. Everything is an improvement over that!
  • Options

dankind said:

I live in Penguin country. Everything is an improvement over that!
    Pittsburgh Penguins = Habs South