Merchandise Lines (Fenway and Wrigley)

Comments

• RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    Hmmm. wonder if I can get a kind soul to pick me up a poster at Fenway. We are flying in for my bachelor party, so can't make anyone miss out having a good time when they are there for me.

I'd say being the first in the door gives you a good shot at a poster but I am not sure.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023

I wonder if the ten club could drastically increase the runs of the posters for the Fenway/Wrigley shows. I think it's pretty evident that there's going to be high demand for it and people are already nervous about there being a merch situation similar to the last Wrigley show. Why not make huge runs of the posters for just these dates specifically so that everyone who wants a poster gets a poster and if there are extras leftover then sell them online here or in mystery poster sales. Moreover, if the shows end up being as special as many people are hoping they will be, then it shouldn't be hard for the 10 club to sell them. I get that this process and the subsequent excess merch cannot be done for every stop on the tour but given the fact that these are kind of being billed as special shows it probably wouldn't be a bad idea and could be easier for the 10 club than handling the logistics of a pre-order situation.

Either way, we're spoiled. As much as we complain, what the 10 club does for us is pretty damn awesome with the tickets, merch, etc...

Not to mention that the attendance for these shows are going to be at least 50% more than the arena shows, as the capacity for the stadiums is more than double considering how many are going to be on the field, let alone the stands. I am sure they are going to have a lot more supply as I one can assume that they are anticipating a very high demand! But at the end of the day, waiting for the extra merch to go on sale here online seems like the much smarter route to go. To many parties going on to be spending that time in line. I am on the same boat as everybody else here, if I somehow get lucky inside great, if not no worries, got plenty of merch at the beginning of the tour already.
  • I'll be at Malnati's or Millinneum Park or Navy Pier or driving to Wisconsin to pick up some New Glarus or etc.

All things Chicagoans don't do..., but I do get the draw for out of town-ers

Always bothers me when I have friends come to town and they want to immediately go to Lou's, Uno, or Gino's; pretty much a night killer because no one feels like doing anything after.

Some other great places to eat and drink if you are interested.
  • And sorry to the OP for not answering: the lines for Wrigley were ridiculous. We walked up and laughed. Didn't even bother.

Went right into Rockit and grabbed a burger and then to Bernies for a beer. Felt bad for people dying out in the heat for over an hour with no shade.

Then went inside to Wrigley and saw they had that merch tent right on the field.
  • VinManVinMan Posts: 13

And sorry to the OP for not answering: the lines for Wrigley were ridiculous. We walked up and laughed. Didn't even bother.

Went right into Rockit and grabbed a burger and then to Bernies for a beer. Felt bad for people dying out in the heat for over an hour with no shade.

Then went inside to Wrigley and saw they had that merch tent right on the field.

Yea, but the lines inside were ridiculous as well. I picked up my 10C tix the day before and once I saw the queue for merchandise I went to Sluggers to have a few. Thought I'd get a poster inside Wrigley on show night but the lines there were crazy so I just decided to just enjoy the evening and am so glad I did. Really looking forward to the two shows in August.
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    I'm just going to follow some Evenbros around from bar to bar, and wait until they drop their posters and shirts, and then pick the stuff up, and go inside and enjoy the show!
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427

Outside of their specialty brews, I find New Glarus to be pretty overrated. Spotted Cow being the most overrated.

I'm not a huge fan of Spotted Cow myself; it's ok, but not what it's cracked up to be. My favorites have been Fat Squirrel, Two Women which is a collab, & Totally Naked.
    edited June 2016

I'll be at Malnati's or Millinneum Park or Navy Pier or driving to Wisconsin to pick up some New Glarus or etc.

Always bothers me when I have friends come to town and they want to immediately go to Lou's, Uno, or Gino's; pretty much a night killer because no one feels like doing anything after.

No doubt. We have an Uno's about a half hour away and I can count on one hand how many times I've been there. It doesn't do anything for me. I can't help but love some Malnati's though. I'm always up for suggestions, so let me know what you think I should hit up! I'm a huge burger and wing fan.

Does Peace Fest still happen?
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469

I'll be at Malnati's or Millinneum Park or Navy Pier or driving to Wisconsin to pick up some New Glarus or etc.

No doubt. We have an Uno's about a half hour away and I can count on one hand how many times I've been there. It doesn't do anything for me. I can't help but love some Malnati's though. I'm always up for suggestions, so let me know what you think I should hit up! I'm a huge burger and wing fan.

If you like malnatis, try pequods in Lincoln park. I've lived in Chicago my whole life and it's one of my go too spots!
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • I'll be at Malnati's or Millinneum Park or Navy Pier or driving to Wisconsin to pick up some New Glarus or etc.

If you like malnatis, try pequods in Lincoln park. I've lived in Chicago my whole life and it's one of my go too spots!
    YES! Pequods is damn good! For another take on Chicago style try the Chicago Oven and Grinder Company. It's like an individual pizza bowl of deliciousness. Also right by the site of the Valentine's Day Massacre if your into the mobster thing.

For burgers, Kuma's Corner is my favorite for excellent burgers, beer, and loud ass music. Then DMK Burger Bar is good, but always crowded. Both are close to the park. Finally Rockit Burger Bar is right across the street from Wrigley. They are good but, hit or miss on busy days, so the day of the show get there early and you'll be fine. Then just sit and people watch.

As for wings, I think most places do them ok. Kind of hard to mess up as long as they are using fresh wingies. For.more interesting takes on them, there are a bunch of places in River North that tend to do things better as far as many classics. Hubbard Inn has some great food.

YES! Pequods is damn good! For another take on Chicago style try the Chicago Oven and Grinder Company. It's like an individual pizza bowl of deliciousness. Also right by the site of the Valentine's Day Massacre if your into the mobster thing.

For burgers, Kuma's Corner is my favorite for excellent burgers, beer, and loud ass music. Then DMK Burger Bar is good, but always crowded. Both are close to the park. Finally Rockit Burger Bar is right across the street from Wrigley. They are good but, hit or miss on busy days, so the day of the show get there early and you'll be fine. Then just sit and people watch.

As for wings, I think most places do them ok. Kind of hard to mess up as long as they are using fresh wingies. For.more interesting takes on them, there are a bunch of places in River North that tend to do things better as far as many classics. Hubbard Inn has some great food.
    Burger Bar is good. I had the rehearsal dinner there before my wedding. Anyone staying in South Loop, check out Burger Bar on Michigan Ave. Kick ass burgers and some of the best wings I have had. http://www.yelp.com/biz/burger-bar-chicago-south-loop-chicago-6
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    I think when I walked up to Wrigley a few years back, and saw about 1,000,000 of you fine folks waiting in line, in 100 degree heat, to buy a poster......

Is when I realized some of you people are fucking lunatics.

Haha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    I got lucky during the rain delay and my crappy 10 club ticket put me under and overhang, and right by a merch stand so I was able to wait 15 mins in line while waiting for the show to start back up and got a few shirts, a wristband and a sweatshirt and coach jacket for retail. After the show we hung out and found the trailer selling the setlist shirts and stickers/patches.

Had to pay a pretty penny to get the cards and any posters but felt like if you don't want anything too specific you can find what you want at the show during most times.

2013 merch was the most insane lines I thought I would ever see. People baking the he heat for hours to get to the front of the line and most things were sold out unless you hit the time they just restocked.
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• AB39318AB39318 Posts: 50
    The Woodlands, TX 10-14-2000; The Woodlands, TX 4-6-2003; Chicago, IL 7-14-2013; Dallas, TX 11-15-2013; Amsterdam, NL 6-16-2014; Austin, TX 10-06-2014; New York City 9-26-2015; Fort Lauderdale, FL 4-8-2016; Miami, FL 4-9-2016; Tampa, FL 4-11-2016; Jacksonville, FL 4-13-2016; New Orleans, LA 4-23-2016; Boston, MA 8-5 & 7-2016; Brooklyn, NY R&R HOF 4-7-2017; Seattle, WA 8-8 &-10-2018; Missoula, MT 8-13-2018; Budapest, HU 7-12-2022; Krakow, PL 7-14-2022; Amsterdam, NL 7-25-2022; St. Louis, MO 9-18-2022; Oklahoma City, OK 9-20-2022; Fort Worth, TX 9-13 & 15-2023; Austin, TX 9-18 & 19-2023; Los Angeles, CA 5-21 & 22-2024
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Posts: 2,209
    only 5 posters?
  • UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited July 2016

Burger Bar is good. I had the rehearsal dinner there before my wedding. Anyone staying in South Loop, check out Burger Bar on Michigan Ave. Kick ass burgers and some of the best wings I have had. http://www.yelp.com/biz/burger-bar-chicago-south-loop-chicago-6
    I'll check it out. I'm staying at a hotel on South Loop. Any advice on the best deep dish pizza? We are in town for 5 days so want to experience all we can. Any advice on things to do, eat, etc would be wonderful!
    Post edited by UseUrIllusions on
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • AB39318AB39318 Posts: 50

only 5 posters?

Maybe more since there are two shows. Guess well have to see. :)
    The Woodlands, TX 10-14-2000; The Woodlands, TX 4-6-2003; Chicago, IL 7-14-2013; Dallas, TX 11-15-2013; Amsterdam, NL 6-16-2014; Austin, TX 10-06-2014; New York City 9-26-2015; Fort Lauderdale, FL 4-8-2016; Miami, FL 4-9-2016; Tampa, FL 4-11-2016; Jacksonville, FL 4-13-2016; New Orleans, LA 4-23-2016; Boston, MA 8-5 & 7-2016; Brooklyn, NY R&R HOF 4-7-2017; Seattle, WA 8-8 &-10-2018; Missoula, MT 8-13-2018; Budapest, HU 7-12-2022; Krakow, PL 7-14-2022; Amsterdam, NL 7-25-2022; St. Louis, MO 9-18-2022; Oklahoma City, OK 9-20-2022; Fort Worth, TX 9-13 & 15-2023; Austin, TX 9-18 & 19-2023; Los Angeles, CA 5-21 & 22-2024
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,482
    If it's like Chicago 13 it will be 4 posters per night plus a mural
    So it could be 9 posters for the two days. So possibly 18 posters between the 4 shows
    Im hoping the just do two per show + murals.
  • branscopbranscop Posts: 1,183
    DavidD said:

If it's like Chicago 13 it will be 4 posters per night plus a mural
    So it could be 9 posters for the two days. So possibly 18 posters between the 4 shows
    Im hoping the just do two per show + murals.

we thought it was a mercy truck before
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851

driving to Wisconsin to pick up some New Glarus or etc.

Why would you do that when there is lots of great beer around Chicago?
    Fear not, I'll be getting great beer in Chicago, too. But New Glarus is only sold in Wisconsin, so I may as well get some while I'm close by.
    If you're going to Wisconsin to get beer can you pick me up some Surly Furious? I will reimburse you for it and be forever grateful.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

I'll check it out. I'm staying at a hotel on South Loop. Any advice on the best deep dish pizza? We are in town for 5 days so want to experience all we can. Any advice on things to do, eat, etc would be wonderful!
    If you want to stay in South Loop I would go to Lou Malnatis. Theres one right on State street in South loop. If you feel like venturing off, check out Pequods in Lincoln Park. Definitely a great deep dish at either spot. If you do Pequods dont be afraid of the crust, it looks burned when it comes out but its just caramelized. Absolutely delicious. If you do Lou's in South Loop, there will likely be a wait but put your name in and you can sit next door at Jimmy Greens. Nice sports bar. They will call you when your table is ready.
    edited July 2016
    Fenway fans got lucky as the Red Sox are on a 11-game road trip. For Wrigley, I wouldn't anticipate the merch stands being open 5 days before the show. The Cubs have a 9-game home stand through 8/18. I suspect the earliest merch stands will open for Wrigley is Friday 8/19. Unless, of course, they do pop-up shops elsewhere in the city.
  • glennb2112glennb2112 Posts: 247

Fenway fans got lucky as the Red Sox are on a 11-game road trip. For Wrigley, I wouldn't anticipate the merch stands being open 5 days before the show. The Cubs have a 9-game home stand through 8/18. I suspect the earliest merch stands will open for Wrigley is Friday 8/19. Unless, of course, they do pop-up shops elsewhere in the city.

Wonder if they will have a merch booth a couple days after Monday?
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    No way in hell will I wait in a line more than 5 people deep.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    IF anyone is planning on hitting Fenway 1 merch lines, my flight will be in town too late to get a poster for that show (I'm going to both nights)... if anyone is willing to grab a second poster while they're up there and let it go for cost plus a couple beers or something please email me at matt_savard@yahoo.com. I'm even willing to paypal/venmo cash on front end so you're not having to front anything. Thanks!
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Posts: 2,737

No way in hell will I wait in a line more than 5 people deep.

Including the bathroom line?!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited July 2016
    Suziemay said:

I didn't bother queuing for merch at Wrigley 2013. I walked up to the line the day before, saw it wrapping around, heard how long people had been waiting and still didn't get everything they wanted, and something inside me broke. I proceeded to laugh hysterically then went to the bar :smiley:

Through a few kind souls, artist sales and the 10c poster sale, I got most of what I wanted in the end.

I always joke that Wrigley was the show that broke my merch whoriness. I still do my best but waiting any more than an hour seems absurd to me. I could maybe do 2 hours. But more than that and not even get everything I want? Fuck that!

Plus I'm running out of room to put things in my apartment :lol:

I second that... saw the light in Miami after getting crispy in FLL... never again. Sucks, but I would rather enjoy the city and fellow PJ fans..

Didn't even use our extras tixs for merch .. would rather help a fellow member
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    Who wants to help me out with merch?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • glennb2112glennb2112 Posts: 247

Who wants to help me out with merch?

get in line :)