Merchandise Lines (Fenway and Wrigley)

jp307677jp307677 Posts: 417
Preparing for Fenway and Wrigley:
So, is it a waste of time waiting for hours in merchandise lines outside the venue? I remember the merchandise lines outside Wrigley in 2013 literally wrapped around the entire ballpark.
They must have all the posters and merchandise inside the venue, right? It probably makes more sense waiting in line for the venue doors to open and going straight to get your goods inside?

Comments

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,549
    I gave up a Wrigley when it hit me I could be having more fun

Wound up getting everything I wanted reasonably down the road

I bet with the day between shows they will be selling Merch this time around though.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Drink water - wear sunscreen - have fun
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I'll be at Malnati's or Millinneum Park or Navy Pier or driving to Wisconsin to pick up some New Glarus or etc.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,661
    jp307677 said:

Preparing for Fenway and Wrigley:
    ?

Come on down and join the line. You can be number 2,869 in the line at Fenway if you hustle down to Lansdowne Street this morning.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    I was at the cubs game Saturday and the Merch line was already thirty deep
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,666

But how many names were on the list?

But how many names were on the list?
    I went home with a #7 on my hand so im set lmao
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    These shows are going to cause a merch fiasco. Doesn't matter what the stuff looks like they will be flipped for ridiculous prices on ebay and there will be tons of ISO threads.

It's going to be entertaining!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,517
    Yah I'm not sure what to do either. I'm GA both nights. I don't really line up, but I usually arrive at doors for GA. The idea of waiting in a merch line for the better part of a day, and still risk being shutout, seems horrible to me. Since I have GA I'll want to go straight to the floor when the doors open. I'll probably end up buying my merch off ebay or hopefully when 10c sells off the spare posters.... I suppose they might still have shirts at the end of the night? It's the posters that could be pretty hard to get.

I am hoping the 10c sells the Wrigley/Fenway merch online. I remember seeing pictures and videos of the Merch lineups at the last Wrigley show. It was nightmarish.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    edited June 2016
    Zod said:

Yah I'm not sure what to do either. I'm GA both nights. I don't really line up, but I usually arrive at doors for GA. The idea of waiting in a merch line for the better part of a day, and still risk being shutout, seems horrible to me. Since I have GA I'll want to go straight to the floor when the doors open. I'll probably end up buying my merch off ebay or hopefully when 10c sells off the spare posters.... I suppose they might still have shirts at the end of the night? It's the posters that could be pretty hard to get.

I am hoping the 10c sells the Wrigley/Fenway merch online. I remember seeing pictures and videos of the Merch lineups at the last Wrigley show. It was nightmarish.

I'm with you. I've had good luck getting my posters here through 10C, but I'm up in the air about wasting half of my day waiting in line. I'm almost tempted to just be there for when doors open and run to the merch stands inside. I've got Reserved so I'm not worried about my seats. If I get shutout at Wrigley I'll try here.
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    I wonder if the ten club could drastically increase the runs of the posters for the Fenway/Wrigley shows. I think it's pretty evident that there's going to be high demand for it and people are already nervous about there being a merch situation similar to the last Wrigley show. Why not make huge runs of the posters for just these dates specifically so that everyone who wants a poster gets a poster and if there are extras leftover then sell them online here or in mystery poster sales. Moreover, if the shows end up being as special as many people are hoping they will be, then it shouldn't be hard for the 10 club to sell them. I get that this process and the subsequent excess merch cannot be done for every stop on the tour but given the fact that these are kind of being billed as special shows it probably wouldn't be a bad idea and could be easier for the 10 club than handling the logistics of a pre-order situation.

Either way, we're spoiled. As much as we complain, what the 10 club does for us is pretty damn awesome with the tickets, merch, etc...
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Zod said:

At the end of the Wrigley show 3 years ago - the only shirts I saw for sale at the stands were the setlist shirts. I don't think they started selling those until the concert was ending.

As for GA - I have GA on the 2nd Wrigley show and face the same dilemma. I want the posters and shirts, but don't want to get crammed on the side. I think late arriving GA people will have the worst seats in the house. They extend the GA way far out where you probably see much of anything on the sides. At least that's what I heard from people who had seats there 3 years ago (the GA didn't extend that far out last time).

With all this said, everything really turns upside down if we have rain again. Posters can and will get ruined in rain. That's where the thread with pre-orders for ballpark merch would be nice if it happened.
    Are they selling the poster tubes at the stands/merch truck on this year's tour?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,227
    The Pearl Jam merchandise lines for Fenway & Wrigley are gonna be intense!

Yes they've sold poster tubes. Are those waterproof?
    Sarava said:

That I'm not sure of. I've thought about bringing a poncho for myself and a smaller one to wrap merch in if it rains... Lord I've got a problem... haha
  • Cathy14Cathy14 Posts: 9
    bflynn1 said:

Sarava said:

That I'm not sure of. I've thought about bringing a poncho for myself and a smaller one to wrap merch in if it rains... Lord I've got a problem... haha
    Haha. I wondered this very thing at the Lexington show. Had my poster in the tube and there were heavy thunderstorms all night. I was worried it would get ruined going to my car. In the end we got lucky and there was a break in the rain after the show ended :)
    Sarava said:

They are not. If you know it's gonna rain all day just bring along a garbage bag & a few rubber bands.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,633

driving to Wisconsin to pick up some New Glarus or etc.

Why would you do that when there is lots of great beer around Chicago?

• RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,380

Spotted Cow is totally worth the drive to Wisconsin!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Did anyone answer the OPs ? :lol:

I feel like Wrigley 2 will be the closest I'll ever get to a Pink Pop 92 feel of a set up :rock_on: I wish I could be right up front! But I'm super geeked! Can't wait to find out where my seats are!!!!!! OUTSIDE PEOPLE OUTSIDE!!!!

OP do you feel lucky? Haha joking. Sounds like you'll be in line either way - inside or out. GOOD :lucky:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    edited June 2016
    The weirdest position to have merchandise set up @ is ..

Having a merch tent on the field @ home base. That's a little messed up don't you think? While Pearl Jam is performing. Couldn't they sell the merch away from the audience's view who are trying to see & enjoy the band on stage who have those seats at the back? Instead of looking down below at people buying / waiting in line for.
    I don't think the merch tent blocked anyone. They did not sell seats directly behind the plate last time.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    This will be a "no merch, unless I get lucky" show for me. I have GA, but I am not spending 2 days in a GA line. And I am not wasting 3 hours in a merch line, while I could/should be hanging out in the Wrigley Area. If I manage to get a poster inside, or a shirt, great. If not, I just want to enjoy the entire scene. No offense to anyone that hangs out in those lines. I have been in the GA line and Merch lines before, and it CAN be fun, but there is just too much other fun to be had in that area.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427

Fear not, I'll be getting great beer in Chicago, too. But New Glarus is only sold in Wisconsin, so I may as well get some while I'm close by.

Try and find some Three Floyds brew when you are here. I know Murphys usually has one on tap.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    not gonna wait even a min at merch line..so many parties at chicago the weekend
    and il walk 30 min or so before show start at GA and enjoy the show with friends
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,633
    Outside of their specialty brews, I find New Glarus to be pretty overrated. Spotted Cow being the most overrated.
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,063
    i think they have already started queing
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    I didn't bother queuing for merch at Wrigley 2013. I walked up to the line the day before, saw it wrapping around, heard how long people had been waiting and still didn't get everything they wanted, and something inside me broke. I proceeded to laugh hysterically then went to the bar :smiley:

Through a few kind souls, artist sales and the 10c poster sale, I got most of what I wanted in the end.

I always joke that Wrigley was the show that broke my merch whoriness. I still do my best but waiting any more than an hour seems absurd to me. I could maybe do 2 hours. But more than that and not even get everything I want? Fuck that!

Plus I'm running out of room to put things in my apartment :lol: