R.I.P. Muhammad Ali

13»

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165

Try the documentary When We Were Kings.

Yeah saw that one beforehand, was good.
    They had 3 docos in a row on Sunday night here.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165

I watched a doco last night called 'Thriller in Manilla'. It portrayed Ali in a negative light.
    Claimed he was just a mouthpiece for NOI, that his viet cong comment wasn't his idea.
    And talked of his bullying of Frazier. It was very biased against Ali this doco.

The nation of Islam was feeding most of that propaganda to him. The trash talk to Frazier was just for promotion.
    I found the hotel thing funny, how Ali brought a fake gun lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited June 2016
    moving stuff.
    ken norton says he broke ali's jaw in the final round not the 1st or whatever round. ya gotta love these guys.

https://youtu.be/HkvBzHUBArM
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    chadwick said:
    Thanks Chadwick for posting that. Ken Norton's son Jr went to be a very good player in the NFL winning several Super Bowls with the 49ers.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)