psst....

12346»

Comments

• BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    edited June 2016
    Man, I would have thought/hoped that Ten Club could devise and implement literally ANY system other than their current system to allow us to buy these posters. Throwing these in the shops unannounced is disheartening. I understand that these posters are for everyone, I get that, this is America...but lets be honest here. These posters are for the people that attended the show. I would love to know what % of the posters they sold on Friday went to those who attended the show.

I've been baffled and amazed by my inability to get this specific poster at a reasonable price. I've got a poster from the other 10 shows I've attended and two of those were PJ20 and Wrigley yet this random Lexington show eludes me unless I'm willing to succumb to some poster scalper on Ebay and pay 5 times the price for it. I just really, REALLY wish Ten Club would do something to improve this. Because its either insanely long merch lines or insanely high prices to poster scalpers...both need to be fixed.
    Post edited by BMo-643 on
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    BMo-643 said:

Man, I would have thought/hoped that Ten Club could devise and implement literally ANY system other than their current system to allow us to buy these posters. Throwing these in the shops unannounced is disheartening. I understand that these posters are for everyone, I get that, this is America...but lets be honest here. These posters are for the people that attended the show. I would love to know what % of the posters they sold on Friday went to those who attended the show.

I've been baffled and amazed by my inability to get this specific poster at a reasonable price. I've got a poster from the other 10 shows I've attended and two of those were PJ20 and Wrigley yet this random Lexington show eludes me unless I'm willing to succumb to some poster scalper on Ebay and pay 5 times the price for it. I just really, REALLY wish Ten Club would do something to improve this. Because its either insanely long merch lines or insanely high prices to poster scalpers...both need to be fixed.

:bawling:

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • BMo-643 said:

I disagree with the bold statement. If people who attended the shows really wanted the posters they had the opportunity to get there early and wait in the merch line or line up for arena access and buy inside. Every show that I went to saw friends do that. I chose not to so am left to scramble now and hope I can get them. But I do not agree that posters should go first to people who attended.

(I actually think they should take advance orders and everyone can have them and then they can print that many plus a handful of others for day of purchase or selling off after.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tjk895tjk895 Posts: 237

BMo-643 said:

I disagree with the bold statement. If people who attended the shows really wanted the posters they had the opportunity to get there early and wait in the merch line or line up for arena access and buy inside. Every show that I went to saw friends do that. I chose not to so am left to scramble now and hope I can get them. But I do not agree that posters should go first to people who attended.

(I actually think they should take advance orders and everyone can have them and then they can print that many plus a handful of others for day of purchase or selling off after.)
    This actually makes sense. If they took pre-orders as well as stocked a bunch for the show more people would get posters that wanted them. Secondly this would help solve the flipper problem. Less demand, less profit, less flippers.
    2000: St. Louis
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley 1
    2018: Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220

BMo-643 said:

I don't why they stopped doing that. They did during one tour I think back a few years ago...it was amazing and then stopped for whatever reason. (I'm assuming $) But my point about the shows is that while everyone has the opportunity to purchase them, the primary audience should be those that attend the show. How many posters do you or anyone on this board have from any band/show that you didn't attend? I don't own a single one and I own well over 50 prints.

You say that if you really wanted them you could get them, but thats not the case.I took off work, drove 2 hours to Lexington and was at Rupp more than 6 hours prior to the show and there were merch lines that you literally weren't going to get through before the show. My point being that our options as paying fan club members shouldn't be waiting in multiple hour lines or paying 5 times the asking price for merchandise/posters. There's a better way and I don't understand why they don't implement some kind of system.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019

BMo-643 said:

Advance wont work, because these are surely printed before anyone knows if the poster will be a dud or big hit like this Lexington one is. Imagine the bitching if people pre-paid their $45 (with shipping) and then a dud comes out like hampton or philly 1? I doubt 10c would want to deal with that.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,137
    edited June 2016
    If you went and lined up for the arena rather than the merch line you were not going to get through you could have purchased inside as one of the first people in, couldn't you? I wasn't at Lexington, just going off what we saw at the shows we went to.

I actually have many from shows I didn't go to and I think you might be surprised how many others collect based on artist appreciation as well. I bet 10 of the ones I have hung in my house I didnt go to. I derive more pleasure from looking at the ones I went to but I also have Vancouver Manbearpig stored and would never hang that pos. My favorite artists are Klausen and Cooper and I would like to have one of pretty much everything they do for PJ/EV now.

Oh well, to each their own. I actually have a Lexington on the way that I bought for someone who was at the show and donated a poster to the poster pool / fundraiser some of us are in for this year's tour and they missed out at the show. Was lucky to get one and send for them. Sorry you didn't get one here and if I come upon another one I will ping you.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Sarava said:

BMo-643 said:

Advance wont work, because these are surely printed before anyone knows if the poster will be a dud or big hit like this Lexington one is. Imagine the bitching if people pre-paid their $45 (with shipping) and then a dud comes out like hampton or philly 1? I doubt 10c would want to deal with that.
    Mystery Tube? :lol:
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Sarava said:

BMo-643 said:

that is exactly what happened when they did the pre-show orders... it got pretty ugly and even the 10c or band manager went off on here talking shit on the fans

it was not pretty
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    ^^^ I'd take that chance to make sure I received a poster.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    edited June 2016
    BMo-643 said:

I like this method. Flash sales are fun. It's a good feeling to be one of the "special ones" who happen to see the "pssst" and score something you wanted so unexpectedly.
    I think the posters that are sold at the show are for the people at the show. After that, they are for everyone. I do think they should supply more of them at the merch booths though. There is no good reason for them to be running out of posters while tons of people are still in line waiting to buy them.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    BMo-643 said:

BMo-643 said:

I don't why they stopped doing that. They did during one tour I think back a few years ago...it was amazing and then stopped for whatever reason. (I'm assuming $) But my point about the shows is that while everyone has the opportunity to purchase them, the primary audience should be those that attend the show. How many posters do you or anyone on this board have from any band/show that you didn't attend? I don't own a single one and I own well over 50 prints.

You say that if you really wanted them you could get them, but thats not the case.I took off work, drove 2 hours to Lexington and was at Rupp more than 6 hours prior to the show and there were merch lines that you literally weren't going to get through before the show. My point being that our options as paying fan club members shouldn't be waiting in multiple hour lines or paying 5 times the asking price for merchandise/posters. There's a better way and I don't understand why they don't implement some kind of system.
    Sounds like you got to Rupp about 3 hours before me..we got there around 5:15. Yet my wife and I easily got posters. When we saw the merch trailer long sold out of the posters, shirts, stickers and pins - we just got in line to get in the arena. There weren't many people in line at that point.

When they opened the gates, my wife and I each went to different souvenir stands. 10 minutes later we met back up and each had a poster and stickers (only I got 2 pins). Didnt expect that success. At MSG1 we did the same thing and it worked there as well.

This is a method others have posted on here about and seems highly successful and doesnt require standing in line all day. The only problem id know with this is if you have GA and go through the heavier security and need to rush down there to grab your spot.
    they handle show merch this way because it sells a FUCK TON of merch... it creates a feeding frenzy and people just buy anything they can get... still cant believe how many people I saw buying 2 of the Hampton posters...

they know this, and wont be changing this anytime soon I bet
  • pt159835pt159835 Posts: 70
    Did same @ Lexington. Got there late for merchandise truck, sold out. Just got in line inside. Stood 2 hours. But was able to get poster.
    my2hands said:

they handle show merch this way because it sells a FUCK TON of merch... it creates a feeding frenzy and people just buy anything they can get... still cant believe how many people I saw buying 2 of the Hampton posters...

If that's the case, you'd think they'd have enough of it for everyone who wants it at the shows. But they sell out at pretty much every single show with people still wanting more. If selling as much as possible is indeed what they want to do, they are literally doing it in the worst way possible, lol. Based on their actions, I would guess that they are actually trying to grow and maintain a collectors' market for some reason, even though 10C and the band don't profit from it. It's bizarre.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

If that's the case, you'd think they'd have enough of it for everyone who wants it at the shows. But they sell out at pretty much every single show with people still wanting more. If selling as much as possible is indeed what they want to do, they are literally doing it in the worst way possible, lol. Based on their actions, I would guess that they are actually trying to grow and maintain a collectors' market for some reason, even though 10C and the band don't profit from it. It's bizarre.
    you answered your own question... if things are plentiful, easy to get, with little secondary market value people just don't buy

put a limit on something and watch it sell out... grocery stores have been doing it for decades, this is not a new playbook

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774

BMo-643 said:

+1

• Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,036
    Here we go again. Who attended deserves this and that. ...its crap. Some locals don't have money for shows so are they unworthy?. ...some people can't travel due to no money or family commitments or work commitments or life in general. This argument is tired and repeated. Fans are fans anywhere. If i was going to a show and wanted a print i would do what was necessary to get that print so i didn't have this scramble. Due to my location my collection is an expensive hobby because i am often paying ebay prices. Seriously, if u r going to a show join the masses and line up if u want cost price. Until people stop buying to purely flip or trade to "upgrade " their purchase in their eyes this is the world we live in.

Here we go again. Who attended deserves this and that. ...its crap. Some locals don't have money for shows so are they unworthy?. ...some people can't travel due to no money or family commitments or work commitments or life in general. This argument is tired and repeated. Fans are fans anywhere. If i was going to a show and wanted a print i would do what was necessary to get that print so i didn't have this scramble. Due to my location my collection is an expensive hobby because i am often paying ebay prices. Seriously, if u r going to a show join the masses and line up if u want cost price. Until people stop buying to purely flip or trade to "upgrade " their purchase in their eyes this is the world we live in.

But dude, what about the REAL fans???? ;)=)
    PJ_Soul said:

True sorry. My argument was only for part timers or casual fans if u will. Here we go on what constitutes casual. Lol
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,687
    PJ_Soul said:

Nevermind the "REAL" fans

What about the HARDCORE fans????

PJ_Soul said:

Nevermind the "REAL" fans

What about the HARDCORE fans????
    Nup. Didn't cater for them in my argument either. What about the members with a lower number than yours. They are more worthy too
  • jcJamjcJam Posts: 105
    edited June 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

I do think they should supply more of them at the merch booths though. There is no good reason for them to be running out of posters while tons of people are still in line waiting to buy them.

Totally agree I went to Philly 2 and NY 2 and no posters or stickers for me, just hope to get those two these week.

Good luck for everyone

Post edited by jcJam on
    2005: Buenos Aires 2 • 2011: Lima • 2012: Atlanta • 2013: LA x2 • 2014: Detroit, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School x2 • 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival), Buenos Aires, Porto Alegre, Sau Paulo, Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Rio, Bogota, Mexico • 2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philly x2 • NYC 2 • Fenway x2 • Wrigley x2 • 2018: Rio, Sau Paulo, Seattle x2, Missoula • 2021: Ohana x3 • 2022: San Diego, LA x2, Phoenix, Oakland x2, Fresno, Sacramento, Vegas, Vienna, PragueAmsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2 • 2023: Indi, Fort Worth x2, Austin x2
    jcJam said:

PJ_Soul said:

I do think they should supply more of them at the merch booths though. There is no good reason for them to be running out of posters while tons of people are still in line waiting to buy them.

Totally agree I went to Philly 2 and NY 2 and no posters or stickers for me, just hope to get those two these week.

Good luck for everyone

That is one of the smarter things said. Not about who is more worthy but what is fairer. Why are people missing out in line but they are available in the shop. I would like to know the % mix. Maybe that is an issue
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Lexington poster delivered today. :)
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    KC138045 said:

Lexington poster delivered today. :)

Same here as well.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Posts: 1,504
    ponytd said:

MedozK said:

ponytd said:

Medozk....

I was able to get one. and was gonna get it for a work friend who was at the show and not in 10C, but turns out he does have one, so fear not, you shall have this poster if you'd like since I was able to get one at the show and this one was an extra for someone else

Wow!! So gracious. Thanks so much.
    No problem. Just trying to help a fellow fan out and not get screwed by the flippers
    This is awesome.