re-fuckingdiculous $20 shipping

clicked order on the Vs/Vitalogy Box set tonight and then reconsidered, 20$ shipping seriously-is this a joke?
Maybe I should reconsider and spend 20sih to have the remastered CD's instead. is $140 extra bucks for the records truly worth it?

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    icychaos said:

clicked order on the Vs/Vitalogy Box set tonight and then reconsidered, 20$ shipping seriously-is this a joke?
    Maybe I should reconsider and spend 20sih to have the remastered CD's instead. is $140 extra bucks for the records truly worth it?

its super heavy the box dude
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,037
    I would buy if they could ship internationally. Heavy box $20 is expected.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Yeah this is a huge parcel

I pretty much think $20 is on the low side considering what it costs to send things these days
  • Big box, very heavy. Great first post OP!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hahaha are you sure that's what is re-fuckingdiculous?
    Couldn't it be that going on the internet to complain about the price to ship something you don't need in a world where people are starving to death and suffering beyond your ability to understand is what's really re-fuckingdiculous???
    Just a thought...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    rgambs said:

Couldn't it be that going on the internet to complain about the price to ship something you don't need in a world where people are starving to death and suffering beyond your ability to understand is what's really re-fuckingdiculous???
    Just a thought...

:clap: Couldn't agree more.

And no, I don't think that the shipping cost for something that heavy and that big is ridiculous at all. I would love to own one. If you want, buy one and send it to me. I won't bitch about how much you paid in shipping costs at all! :smiley:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    rgambs said:

Just a thought...

Hahahahaha I always enjoy the self-righteous answers. seriously? Persons just venting. It's the Internet. Sheesh.

I don't have the box, no idea how heavy it is. But $20 is probably not a lot for that. But $140 for records is, in my opinion, very ridiculous.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Massara133Massara133 Posts: 431

rgambs said:

Just a thought...

Hahahahaha I always enjoy the self-righteous answers. seriously? Persons just venting. It's the Internet. Sheesh.

I don't have the box, no idea how heavy it is. But $20 is probably not a lot for that. But $140 for records is, in my opinion, very ridiculous.
    The Vs/Vitalogy box includes the Orpheum 1994 vinyl as well as CDs and a pile of other cool stuff. Well worth it for $140 and maybe even less than what 10C originally sold it for.
  • OP
    It's like 3 beer.
    Get over it.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    $20ish doesn't seem horrible considering how bulky and heavy the boxset is. Isn't the box set available at retail? Maybe you can find another site with free shipping.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    Cost 40-50 to come to Canada.
    Waaaaa
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,460
    I have the 2/3 records of course, but am considering the box. Is the retail version any different than the 10C version? Anyone know?
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Can I ask why a box of two records is so heavy? I never order merch, haven't owned a record player since maybe 1985, but if memory serves, records aren't that heavy. What comes in the box? Why is it so big?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430

Can I ask why a box of two records is so heavy? I never order merch, haven't owned a record player since maybe 1985, but if memory serves, records aren't that heavy. What comes in the box? Why is it so big?

http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info.php?cPath=11_21&products_id=789
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    icychaos said:

$20 for that big boxset seems like a fairly good deal to me, for 10C shipping.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897

It's got a bunch of other stuff in it, if memory serves. It's not just the records.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

Thanks. That's a lot of loot for 20 dollars shipping. Basically 14%.

I have a part time home based business that involves shipping, sometimes heavy boxes depending on the order. Those costs kill me, too, dealing wirh UPS. I have to charge 10% to pay for it. Once I offered free shipping as an incentive, and it killed my profits that month. I'll never do it again.

Go for it, OP. It will be worth the "beautiful lithographs of all the band members." And the composition book. That sounds cool.

• Can I ask why a box of two records is so heavy? I never order merch, haven't owned a record player since maybe 1985, but if memory serves, records aren't that heavy. What comes in the box? Why is it so big?

Thanks. That's a lot of loot for 20 dollars shipping. Basically 14%.

I have a part time home based business that involves shipping, sometimes heavy boxes depending on the order. Those costs kill me, too, dealing wirh UPS. I have to charge 10% to pay for it. Once I offered free shipping as an incentive, and it killed my profits that month. I'll never do it again.

Go for it, OP. It will be worth the "beautiful lithographs of all the band members." And the composition book. That sounds cool.

It is cool. Actually its fucking awesome. Both sets are outstanding.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Posts: 2,577
    I had the same conundrum over the Ames Bros. poster book. $20 for the book, $40 shipping to Canada. Took a pass in the end, especially when our dollar tanked, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Nice first post.... WELCOME!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• icychaosicychaos Posts: 3
    This is what happens when I drink and Internet. I had no idea it would be so heavy so I guess that makes sense. Just so spoiled lately with the free shipping everywhere now a days. Nice to know the set is good quality. I guess I'll try it out
  • icychaos said:

This is what happens when I drink and Internet. I had no idea it would be so heavy so I guess that makes sense. Just so spoiled lately with the free shipping everywhere now a days. Nice to know the set is good quality. I guess I'll try it out

Next time you want to drink and internet just say to yourself "Halts Maul"!
  • PP193448PP193448 Posts: 4,281

icychaos said:

Or be prepared for people complaining about your complaining... :rofl:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PP193448 said:

icychaos said:

why you don't bitching now?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • PP193448 said:

icychaos said:

If anything people that don't live in America should be complaining that it won't ship to them for $20.
  • PP193448PP193448 Posts: 4,281

PP193448 said:

icychaos said:

:lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville