I fucking love Brad

Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 8,639
Just saying. Listening to Welcome to Discovery Park this morning, just really good stuff, hopefully they play another show or shows here in Seattle sometime in the near future.

Comments

• I've been fortunate to see them live twice on two different continents. By far my top favorite 'active' PJ side group. Anything Shawn Smith does musically is amazing.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    yes, amazing and most talented artists. Very blessed to have seen them live
  • Seeing them live is like seeing some nearly extinct animal out in the wild.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177

I've been fortunate to see them live twice on two different continents. By far my top favorite 'active' PJ side group. Anything Shawn Smith does musically is amazing.

I've seen them live a number of times, and am always blown away. Totally agree about Shawn. He's my favorite Seattle singer and one hell of a humble guy.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 8,639
    I get so into Pearl Jam that I stupidly ignore their side projects and solo stuff, like this morning, I just needed a little break from PJ, probably will listen to some Three Fish later.
  • I get so into Pearl Jam that I stupidly ignore their side projects and solo stuff, like this morning, I just needed a little break from PJ, probably will listen to some Three Fish later.

Both Stone Gossard solo records are awesome - Moonlander is my favorite.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Ament's 'Tone' is solid. I think I'm going to listen to that one.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Posts: 2,737

I hope I get the chance to seem love. Stone is an incredible musician.

Which reminds me, on a side note - anyone hear any updates on The Little Ships?

http://establishmentstore.bigcartel.com/product/the-little-ships-two-songs-2014
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    edited May 2016
    Poncier said:
    Knew right away what you were getting at....didn't have to watch the video! That's funny!
  • DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
    edited May 2016
    The funny thing is how they got the name, they wanted to use a different name, but another guy already had the name, which he was going to sell the rights to for like 10k, but then the guy jacked up the price once he found out Stone was involved, and the guys name is Brad, so they used that dude's name instead.
  • YoungJam35YoungJam35 Posts: 151

The funny thing is how they got the name, they wanted to use a different name, but another guy already had the name, which he was going to sell the rights to for like 10k, but then the guy jacked up the price once he found out Stone was involved, and the guys name is Brad, so they used that dude's name instead.

I think I read somewhere they wanted to name the band Shame and used that as the first album title when they settled on Brad as the band name.
    YoungJam35
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897

That's funny.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

That's funny.
    Yeah I know, especially combined with that insurance commercial above