"And that concludes Vitalogy..."

2»

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    RT287183 said:

I bet they save the rest if there is gonna be a Fall tour. I think the rest of the dates are festivals and the Stadium shows. Far too big or mainstream to just play an album straight through. But I guess you never know.

I see a lot of faithful fans out here expecting something to be announced this year outside of what is already in place. I thought it was already confirmed by the band members there is nothing to come after Wrigley. Didn't they confirm going back in to the studio for new album work afterwards?
    McCready was just interviewed stating pretty much what's on the books is it for '16.

• corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199
    edited May 2016
    Pry, To is so short that they can treat it like a little jam between songs. Aye Davinita may try the patience of some in the audience but no more than when the band performed Arc in the past at shows. As far as stupid mop, they don't need to play all 7 and a half minutes, they can just have an abridged version like they did when they brought back I'm Open back in 2006. Use the main riffs to intro tag into another proper song even.
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 8,639

Pry, To is so short that they can treat it like a little jam between songs. Aye Davinita may try the patience of some in the audience but no more than when the band performed Arc in the past at shows. As far as stupid mop, they don't need to play all 7 and a half minutes, they can just have an abridged version like they did when they brought back I'm Open back in 2006. Use the main riffs to intro tag into another proper song even.

I think trying to incorporate those 3 songs in would try the patience of the band themselves, and they have never played those since they recorded them, so it would take more than just soundcheck, they did the recording over the PA before they took the stage when they played Yield for Red Dot, I am sure it would be something similar, I don't really need to hear those personally
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,202
    edited May 2016
    While I would love to see Vitalogy performed live front to back, and the thoughts above are exciting to consider, if Toronto 2 (tomorrow) is indeed the last arena gig of the 3 year Lightning Bolt tour (remaining dates being festivals or destination venues), seeing Lightning Bolt performed live start to finish would be fitting. Only one song from Lightning Bolt was played at Toronto 1 last night too...

Neither is a request, petition, etc... I'm happy with whatever is played.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    maverick said:

While I would love to see Vitalogy performed live front to back, and the thoughts above are exciting to consider, if Toronto 2 (tomorrow) is indeed the last arena gig of the 3 year Lightning Bolt tour (remaining dates being festivals or destination venues), seeing Lightning Bolt performed live start to finish would be fitting. Only one song from Lightning Bolt was played at Toronto 1 last night too...

How much does everybody think the band pays attention to certain milestones? And does it really impact the decision making process on the setlist?
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,551
    my2hands said:

I'm 100% convinced they planned on playing Vitalogy at Philly 2... then they saw the banner and decided to go with Ten instead...

They didn't play any Vitalogy at Philly 1 and played a bunch of songs off of Ten including the master/slave intro into Once... all this has me thinking they changed that day from Vitalogy to Ten.... I am 100% confident of this

This
    RT287183 said:

maverick said:

How much does everybody think the band pays attention to certain milestones? And does it really impact the decision making process on the setlist?
    hit and miss, because in 2013 they played on the 20th birthday of Vs, and didn't even acknowledge it
  • SputNickSputNick Posts: 104

Last Exit
    Spin The Black Circle
    Not For You
    Tremor Christ
    Nothingman
    Whipping
    Pry, To
    Corduroy
    Bugs
    Satan's Bed
    Better Man
    Aye Davanita
    Immortality
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me

so you take those 3 out, it's 11 songs, and I love ending it with Immortality, maybe Ed can make a joke about the sonic experiments after they are done with Bugs

that would make a nice Encore 1
    Binaural > Vs > No Code > Yield = Riot Act > Vitalogy > Ten > Pearl Jam > Dark Matter > Gigaton > Lightning Bolt > Backspacer
    SputNick said:

Last Exit
    Spin The Black Circle
    Not For You
    Tremor Christ
    Nothingman
    Whipping
    Pry, To
    Corduroy
    Bugs
    Satan's Bed
    Better Man
    Aye Davanita
    Immortality
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me

so you take those 3 out, it's 11 songs, and I love ending it with Immortality, maybe Ed can make a joke about the sonic experiments after they are done with Bugs

that would make a nice Encore 1
    that would be awesome and catch everyone off guard
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,169
    edited May 2016
    Maybe they haven't done Vitalogy because they're not sure / still trying to figure out what to do.

I believe both Pry To and Aye Davanita can be done with a bit of practice.

I've said for a while that Aye Davanita would make a great jam for a few minutes as an intro to Immortality.

Pry To...do it similar to I'm Open before Corduroy. I reckon it will be great.

Ed could do Bugs solo or maybe Boom could help him out with the organ somehow, although I know he's done it solo before at his shows.

Fuck the casual fans on this one. It's not like each of those instrumentals are like 12 minute mini operas of anything.

Finish with Foxy Mop over the speakers to finish the set and come back for the first encore! Done!
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14

Maybe they haven't done Vitalogy because they're not sure / still trying to figure out what to do.

I believe both Pry To and Aye Davanita can be done with a bit of practice.

I've said for a while that Aye Davanita would make a great jam for a few minutes as an intro to Immortality.

Pry To...do it similar to I'm Open before Corduroy. I reckon it will be great.

Ed could do Bugs solo or maybe Boom could help him out with the organ somehow, although I know he's done it solo before at his shows.

Fuck the casual fans on this one. It's not like each of those instrumentals are like 12 minute mini operas of anything.

Finish with Foxy Mop over the speakers to finish the set and come back for the first encore! Done!

yeah that could works too, I kind of thought about that, they will need to practice the songs they did and FoxyMop over the PA is probably the best way to do it anyway
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    Anyone know what was sound checked yesterday? I heard Bugs was which I thought was odd or do they soundcheck that randomly? Maybe getting ready for tomorrow?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    rummy said:

CROJAM95 said:

id say 70% attendees are aware of 1/2 of no code

That's the litmus test for me...most so called fans jumped ship then

If you can name 6 songs off no code( you lean more avid).....lotta casual fans only know

Yield
    GTF
    WISHLIST
    EVOLUTION

BINAURAL
    MAYBE LIGHT YEARS

RIOT ACT
    I AM MINE
    BUSHLEAGUER FOR ITS CONTROVERY
    MAYBE LBC

AVOCADO
    WWS?

BACKSPACER
    FIXER
    GOT SOME
    JUST BREATHE

Lightning Bolt
    MYM
    Lightning Bolt

Don't forget about the "mighty" Sirens.
    Forgot that one....for sure people know it

Good song, I prefer it on record rather live, Live it doesn't do as well as other slower songs.

• rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    edited May 2016
    maverick said:

I like your last statement but please not full LB tomorrow...the Buffalo show (which had many Ontarians in the crowd) had nine of the 12. Maybe play Getaway and be done with it.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

Wrigley 2 is going to be the one

That will work....!

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

if they are going to play any LB songs more, I really am starting to dig on Father Son a Jeff Ament song, really cool and different sound
  • ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    I really don't think they'll do a front to back album, especially Vitalogy, at a stadium show.

I think there are a variety of ways to handle those odd tracks and I'm sure they'll make a good decision.

If they really were thinking of doing it in Philly, then they've already figured out something. Which gives me some hope it may be sooner rather than later.

Tomorrow would be PERFECT.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    edited May 2016

I really don't think they'll do a front to back album, especially Vitalogy, at a stadium show.

I think there are a variety of ways to handle those odd tracks and I'm sure they'll make a good decision.

If they really were thinking of doing it in Philly, then they've already figured out something. Which gives me some hope it may be sooner rather than later.

Tomorrow would be PERFECT.

Back to back album shows? Not trying to be negative Nancy here, but I don't see that happening. If it does, then congrats to all the fans out there attending.
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Posts: 1,592
    Hoping for Vitalogy at one of the Wrigley shows, complete with the album intro to Better man
    Zod said:

It's the last of the big 5, so maybe one of the Wrigley shows?

Is there a consensus on this "big five" of which you speak?

Each studio album is the favorite of quite a few (probably thousands of) people. But I'd guess that Binaural is NOT in most people's top five.

All I could venture to say as far as semi-consensus is that for most people two or three of the first four albums are among their five favorites.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    I'm guessing one of the Fenway shows as well.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • jessebasijessebasi Posts: 149
    Vitalogy at Fenway, Riot Act at Wrigley.
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    you could play Backspacer in a 1st encore... its only 36 minutes and probably less than that when played live
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    if it happens, It'll probably happen at Wrigley.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535

Zod said:

It's the last of the big 5, so maybe one of the Wrigley shows?

Is there a consensus on this "big five" of which you speak?

Each studio album is the favorite of quite a few (probably thousands of) people. But I'd guess that Binaural is NOT in most people's top five.

All I could venture to say as far as semi-consensus is that for most people two or three of the first four albums are among their five favorites.
    I consider the big 3 to be Ten/Vs./Vitalogy. The albums that PJ sold a metric f-tonne of. I think I meant big 3 when I wrote big 5. I guess you could include no code/yield. I think they still went platinum.. but I really meant the big 3... the 3 that were so big that both big and little PJ fans would know the albums.
    edited May 2016

"I consider the big 3 to be Ten/Vs./Vitalogy. The albums that PJ sold a metric f-tonne of. I think I meant big 3 when I wrote big 5. I guess you could include no code/yield. I think they still went platinum.. but I really meant the big 3... the 3 that were so big that both big and little PJ fans would know the albums."

Makes sense now. Didn't mean to be giving you a hard time I just really didn't get it.