No Code and Yield Vinyl Reissues on Amazon

Comments

• EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    hsohi said:

I bought them but it would of been nice for PJ to continue releasing a vault on vinyl

Hoping its a No Code era show to pair with the pair
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Still no pre orders on Amazon Canada? That's pretty shocking.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited May 2016
    RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Fuck I hate flippers that abuse this site.

What are you talking about?
    It pisses me off that these records offered at FV are already being sold on Amazon.
    Amazon will also be selling them for face value.... :confused: Are you maybe confusing Amazon with eBay?
    Are you buying them on Amazon.ca or on 10C?
    Who me? I'm not buying them at all. The originals work just fine. ;)
    I think I have a problem.:(
    I've had all of the originals for sometime now but I keep buying albums again!
    Whether it's Nevermind Pallas or these no code/yield reissues.
    I want to hear the difference in sound between the two versions on my ortofon black cartridge.
    Being an Audiophile is expensive!
    Haha, you definitely have a problem! ;) I totally understand wanting to compare though. For me, the goal is to have the BEST version, not all of them. This is why I am STILL in the market for OG Ten and Vs. I have the reissues and they suck. I need the OGs because they sound better. So with No Code and Yield, if the OGs sounds better than the reissues there is no point in my buying the reissues; I'll never play them. I definitely don't want to spend money just hear how much worse the reissues sound compared to my originals, lol! I will be happy to take your word for it. =)
    But if these newest reissues end up sounding appreciably better than the OGs, then I'll be all over them. I'm really just waiting for the reviews. I will be shocked if they do sound better of course, but I suppose anything's possible.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited May 2016
    Zod said:

RobbyD462 said:

I want to hear the difference in sound between the two versions on my ortofon black cartridge.

I ordered them too (even though I own the originals). My copy of Yield had a waterstain in the bottom corn where it was black. So I covered it up with black marker. My No Code has a hole punched through one of the corners (which I think means it was a promo copy or something... they used to do that in the old days so people wouldn't resell something, but I still bought it from a record store). Both records have been well played over the past 18 years, so it'll be nice having a fresh copy.

I recently bought all the Zeppelin re-releases. I had old pressing's of everything but Coda. It was really nice hearing it again on nice new fresh vinyl :)
    Yeah, if my OGs were in worse shape I'd get the reissues. But mine are in perfect shape. I bought them sealed/mint within the past 4 years, so have many many more years to go before they start sounding used (if they ever do... I guess if I treat them well and keep them properly cleaned they will sound great until the day I die).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    I'll definitely be buying both of these and id love to buy from 10C but the shipping is always so high and it takes forever for example I'm still waiting for my holiday single/deep...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491

I'll definitely be buying both of these and id love to buy from 10C but the shipping is always so high and it takes forever for example I'm still waiting for my holiday single/deep...

Yep, shipping from 10c sucks ( $8 for one record) and since these will be available from Amazon, that's where I'll be purchasing them.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

It pisses me off that these records offered at FV are already being sold on Amazon.
    Amazon will also be selling them for face value.... :confused: Are you maybe confusing Amazon with eBay?
    Haha, you definitely have a problem! ;) I totally understand wanting to compare though. For me, the goal is to have the BEST version, not all of them. This is why I am STILL in the market for OG Ten and Vs. I have the reissues and they suck. I need the OGs because they sound better. So with No Code and Yield, if the OGs sounds better than the reissues there is no point in my buying the reissues; I'll never play them. I definitely don't want to spend money just hear how much worse the reissues sound compared to my originals, lol! I will be happy to take your word for it. =)
    But if these newest reissues end up sounding appreciably better than the OGs, then I'll be all over them. I'm really just waiting for the reviews. I will be shocked if they do sound better of course, but I suppose anything's possible.
    I'm hoping and expecting them to sound better with Ludwig mastering them for vinyl. Fingers crossed.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148

PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm hoping and expecting them to sound better with Ludwig mastering them for vinyl. Fingers crossed.
    He did the Nevermind remaster and people were upset about the sound.
    I miss igotid88
  • lostpossumlostpossum Posts: 17
    Shipping cost isn't a problem with the free shipping for 10 club members... oh, wait.

If is not available on amazon.ca, just order it from the US site.
    I'm from the US and I order from the Canada and UK amazon sites all the time. It's amazing how many vinyls are available from Amazon UK that aren't available in the US and vice versa.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Have the originals but waiting to hear everyone's feedback before purchasing the reissues. There's also only 1 single worth purchasing as to my knowledge Hail, Hail was never brought on 7.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I made a choice to spend $100+ on either Yield or No Code a few years ago. Went with Yield. Sounds great. Nice that No Code only ran me $24

Shipping cost isn't a problem with the free shipping for 10 club members... oh, wait.

I'm from the US and I order from the Canada and UK amazon sites all the time. It's amazing how many vinyls are available from Amazon UK that aren't available in the US and vice versa.

But you don't get free shipping from the US site. Free shipping is the only reason I use Amazon.
  • AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    PJ_Soul said:

But you don't get free shipping from the US site. Free shipping is the only reason I use Amazon.
    I buy stuff off of Amazon all the time because they literally have everything and it's convenient as hell. That being said, the presale prices for these albums here on PJ's site are cheaper than what Amazon is offering which pretty much negates the shipping fees as compared to Prime. I would rather patronize the band right at the source.
    AceCool said:

PJ_Soul said:

I buy stuff off of Amazon all the time because they literally have everything and it's convenient as hell. That being said, the presale prices for these albums here on PJ's site are cheaper than what Amazon is offering which pretty much negates the shipping fees as compared to Prime. I would rather patronize the band right at the source.
    FWIW, it doesn't matter to the band where you buy the albums. In fact, they'd probably prefer that as many members as possible buy elsewhere so that the 10C staff have fewer packages to prepare, lol.
    I'm in Canada. There is no way that the price difference of the albums would cover 10C shipping, is there??? I'm not even buying these album TBH, lol. But normally, 10C shipping is expensive and slow and doesn't have tracking to Canada, so 10C is never a better option than Amazon when the items are available in both places (for me).
  • AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    You are very correct about delivery of items ordered through 10C. Amazon Prime wins the expediency factor hands down. I'll still hold out hope of scoring some special 10C only colored vinyl version that wouldn't be available through Amazon.
    AceCool said:

You are very correct about delivery of items ordered through 10C. Amazon Prime wins the expediency factor hands down. I'll still hold out hope of scoring some special 10C only colored vinyl version that wouldn't be available through Amazon.

Oh, yeah, good point. The random variation on vinyl is something... but I'm pretty sure they won't do that for reissues. I do actually order brand new PJ albums from 10C because of the secret variations. I forgot about that.
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    The Amazon prices will most likely come down. I see this frequently.
    Hope No Code also makes it available on Amazon Canada too.
    Still no pre order for No Code on Amazon Canada. :/
    Will there be the C. O. D. E. on the polaroids? Is anyone going to try to collect all?
    I miss igotid88
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    igotid88 said:

Will there be the C. O. D. E. on the polaroids? Is anyone going to try to collect all?

of course
    MedozK said:

igotid88 said:

of course
    Same here. Best place to pick up a few extras would be Amazon. What with free shipping, price protection & all.
    Price drop on Yield. It's now $31.58 with free shipping on Amazon Canada. Used to be $34.02 day's back.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    So they are the same versions as on here? I can buy them from Amazon instead then and cancel from tenclub and save on the shipping...

Or is there a difference?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Unless they are doing randomly inserted 10c variants, there won't be a difference.
    Would be nice if we got some shirts from the era
    I miss igotid88
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    I like bull moose. Free s&h for orders over 30$ and their prices are nice.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • RVM1978RVM1978 Leesburg, FL Posts: 320
    I already own the original vinyl for these, but I would like the opportunity to purchase them in 24 bit high resolution digital. I hope they are offered in that format too.
    08/12/2000 - Tampa, FL; 04/09/2003 - Birmingham, AL; 04/11/2003 - West Palm Beach, FL
    04/13/2003 - Tampa, FL; 10/08/2004 - Kissimmee, FL; 05/16 & 17/2006 - Chicago, IL;
    05/19/2006 - Grand Rapids, MI; 05/22/2006 - Auburn Hills, MI; 08/05/2007 - Chicago, IL;
    05/03/2010 - Kansas City, MO; 07/19/2013 - Chicago, IL; 04/13/16 - Jacksonville, FL;