Options

It's Ok tag in Quebec for my wife and son

2»

Comments

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited May 2016
    shouldn't have read this at work...

I had this same thing happen to me but it happened right as my child was born and a code blue was called and 20 nurses and doctors came in to resuscitate my daughter and im sure it was seconds but it felt like a lifetime until I heard that cry you spoke of and tears of fear turned to tears of joy

glad you got to hear the tag!!!
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639

awesome congrats!!!!!!!!!!

BEST BAND ON THE PLANET!!!!!!

No doubt about it
  • Options

awesome congrats!!!!!!!!!!

BEST BAND ON THE PLANET!!!!!!

No doubt about it
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    :triumph:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,820
    The moment that my wife and I shared during this song can not be put into words and is something that we will remember for the rest of our lives.

For those that shared similar stories thank you as I am sure that was not an easy thing to do. Thanks as well goes out to all of the kind messages. Last but not least I want to send a huge thank you to Pearl Jam. You guys are right, they are the best band in the world. Playing this song for my wife has made a huge impact on her and she is still smiling from it 2 days after the show. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    PJNB said:

The moment that my wife and I shared during this song can not be put into words and is something that we will remember for the rest of our lives.

For those that shared similar stories thank you as I am sure that was not an easy thing to do. Thanks as well goes out to all of the kind messages. Last but not least I want to send a huge thank you to Pearl Jam. You guys are right, they are the best band in the world. Playing this song for my wife has made a huge impact on her and she is still smiling from it 2 days after the show. Unbelievable.

Awesome, greatest band in the world, that was such an amazing show, all the requests and dedications only added to the show and made it greater, plus we all love It's Okay, most people know the story behind the song, for those that don't here is the beginning, it was first show after the Rosklide Tragedy, a lot of people don't know it's a cover, but here was the first time they played it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JvbpRwoPKw
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/6qzSUbBVnR0?t=3m44s

Wow I can not believe this video exists. We are in this shot the whole time and I can actually see when my wife clued into what they were playing. Xboravr6x Thank you for taking this and posting it on Youtube.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    Goosebumps...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    I love this band like no other.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    PJNB said:

https://youtu.be/6qzSUbBVnR0?t=3m44s

Wow I can not believe this video exists. We are in this shot the whole time and I can actually see when my wife clued into what they were playing. Xboravr6x Thank you for taking this and posting it on Youtube.

I'm so happy your wife is smiling. I didn:t think I would ever be lucky enough to hear this live. It is great someone filmed and posted this. Hope the little one continues to thrive and your family has many years of happiness ahead.
  • Options
    waveruewaverue Posts: 108
    I am just now having a chance to go through my own videos and stumbled upon 2 in my phone from Daughter/it's ok that I filmed for you from our spot up on side-stage. Now I am flashing back to remembering it actually ended up helping me to pull myself together when I realized what was happening and I had an opportunity to film them, our ga crew, and the arena from that vantage point for you. I normally don't want to be on my phone in magical moments but at that point I needed focus and this was like medicine. The downside is that I was still trembling (still am every time I think of what happened!) so the quality isn't great! But I'll get it to you asap:)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    waverue said:

I am just now having a chance to go through my own videos and stumbled upon 2 in my phone from Daughter/it's ok that I filmed for you from our spot up on side-stage. Now I am flashing back to remembering it actually ended up helping me to pull myself together when I realized what was happening and I had an opportunity to film them, our ga crew, and the arena from that vantage point for you. I normally don't want to be on my phone in magical moments but at that point I needed focus and this was like medicine. The downside is that I was still trembling (still am every time I think of what happened!) so the quality isn't great! But I'll get it to you asap:)

Ahh that would be great. I will just tell her that you were filming all of GA and saw us there or something. She told me that when she was talking to you that she told you that It's Ok is our youngest sons favourite song joking around. Of all people to tell that too it was the only person that could connect the dots lol. I am sure you kept stone faced. Send me the vid on Facebook whenever you have the time.

Did you see my vid of Noah? I didn't catch the start but I had a pretty good angle. Your whole family are awesome people and hope to catch up again at another show.

Also I will try not to answer any more replies in this thread so we can let it fall off the front page. If you guys have any stories you would like to share or comments send me a private message. Thanks one last time.
    Post edited by PJNB on