Options

Happy Birthday Avocado

13»

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    igotid88 said:
    Avocado without a doubt is the last album I’ve truly enjoyed! All the rest that have followed have fallen by the wayside..
    I wholeheartedly disagree.
    That’s fine too! I just never listen to Backspacer  or LB, Gigaton! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    The dearly departed WBCN in Boston played it front to back at like 9am on release day. I drove over to Newbury Comics on my lunchbreak to buy it. I had been a first five albums guy up until that point. Neither Binaural nor Riot Act really clicked for me. ST/Avocado was different. Loved it on the first listen and every listen since. Wasted Reprise is the only thing that maybe you could say was filler. Otherwise every track is great. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Got into the band during the Riot Act era so this was the first one I remember waiting for, and it didn't disappoint. Such a great record. And getting a full Life Wasted at the Ohana Encore show in 2021 was very special, didn't expect them to pull that one out.
  • Options
    pearlninpearlnin Posts: 69
    Got into the band during the Riot Act era so this was the first one I remember waiting for, and it didn't disappoint. Such a great record. And getting a full Life Wasted at the Ohana Encore show in 2021 was very special, didn't expect them to pull that one out.
    Riot Act era here as well!
  • Options
    pearlninpearlnin Posts: 69
    I remember the day this came out and ten club hadn’t sent my book cd yet lol 

I went to Best Buy to pick up the normal package one and tool 10,000 days. Everybody in line had both CDs! 

Then the next week Stadium Arcadium dropped. 

That was an insane time for music! Silverchairs last album / NIN Year Zero! 2006/07 good times 
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    I remember waiting in line at Tower Records? in NYC to get the Irving Plaza ticket. Everyone around was listening to the leak or had received the album in the mail (my 10C one hadn't arrived yet) and I waited until I got the cd and listened driving back home. Drove back what 2 days later for the show. Crazy times
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,511
    How this gem stay out of the album??..HOW??

https://youtu.be/VRBKt4cdYCk
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    23scidoo said:
    How this gem stay out of the album??..HOW??

https://youtu.be/VRBKt4cdYCk
    Good question