Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    kj1nyr wrote:
    I've got that Portland '00 hanging on the wall above my head right now. Love the colors on it. Nice get. Hope you enjoy for many moons to come!

Peace,
    KJ

i'm sure it looks great on the wall. how does the firehouse look??

oh nevermind ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Irish Al wrote:
    Bite the bullet and get one on ebay....well worth what I paid for mine :D

Can't quite justify $500 for it, but I'm constantly watching ebay regardless. If I don't get it I'll survive. There are lots of posters I'd like to have that are priced way out of my range. I might just have to add the '06 DC to that "Holy Grail" list.

Peace,
    KJ
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    bostonlou wrote:
    i'm sure it looks great on the wall. how does the firehouse look??

oh nevermind ;)

How does your DC look framed on the wall?

oh nevermind. ;)
    kj1nyr wrote:
    How does your DC look framed on the wall?

oh nevermind. ;)

I don't like the DC so much (as well as the wife dislikes it). So why would I frame it?

it's going to help me acquire something i do like
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Can't quite justify $500 for it, but I'm constantly watching ebay regardless. If I don't get it I'll survive. There are lots of posters I'd like to have that are priced way out of my range. I might just have to add the '06 DC to that "Holy Grail" list.

Peace,
    KJ

I certainly didn't pay that for mine....I was doing that "Holy Grail" thing too and then my missus said to me....instead of buying all those "cheaper" posters that you like, why not buy less of them and go buy the more "expensive" ones you really really want....magnificant logic......thats why I love her :D

Since then, I've bought Toronto, DC and most recently Hawaii :D
    I need a coffee!
    bostonlou wrote:
    I don't like the DC so much (as well as the wife dislikes it). So why would I frame it?

it's going to help me acquire something i do like

Yeah my missus doesn't like it either...we're currently in negotiations to see if/where it'll go up :D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Yeah my missus doesn't like it either...we're currently in negotiations to see if/where it'll go up :D

you need a spot perfect for a religion, war, death statement ... the baby's room?? ;)
    bostonlou wrote:
    you need a spot perfect for a religion, war, death statement ... the baby's room?? ;)

Funny, when I made that very same suggestion, I ended up sleepin in the babys room with all my posters....which she had kindly ironed :(
    I need a coffee!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    bostonlou wrote:
    how does the firehouse look??

still trying to get everyones firehouses, huh

best of luck,
    even with the grim reaper as bait.

;)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Irish Al wrote:

Lads, Lads. Whats the story??

Don't be letting the women decide where your posters go.

Tut tut.

My Dc is going in the living room. End of!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Bathgate66 wrote:

best of luck,

;)

not the grim reaper or any of the emek stuff I grabbed this weekend (which I'd trade for the firehouse, anyone?), that print never comes available ... only 3 ebay auctions last year, none this year ... people are holding onto it so very tightly ...

2,000 made, yet only in about 40 ebeans collections ... no one had any idea what this would be worth when they got it. (I'm sure tons of them are in bad shape)

The list of people who want this is quite lenghty.

I'm thinking of going into their studio and cleaning out every closet to see if they have any hiding ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • i'd offer up my dc for trade except last time i tried to offer someone posters on this board i got banned.

Tut tut.

Yeah dude....just wait :rolleyes:
    I need a coffee!
    jimed14 wrote:
    not the grim reaper or any of the emek stuff I grabbed this weekend (which I'd trade for the firehouse, anyone?), that print never comes available ... only 3 ebay auctions last year, none this year ... people are holding onto it so very tightly ...

2,000 made, yet only in about 40 ebeans collections ... no one had any idea what this would be worth when they got it. (I'm sure tons of them are in bad shape)

I'm thinking of going into their studio and cleaning out every closet to see if they have any hiding ...

Have you got a link?
    I need a coffee!
    Bathgate66 wrote:

best of luck,

;)

it's the poster i want... so i continue my search

although you and KJ are really the only two I bug about it

amazing people that you both are ;)
    jimed14 wrote:

i emailed virgin last month for kicks... no luck ;)
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    jimed14 wrote:
    not the grim reaper or any of the emek stuff I grabbed this weekend (which I'd trade for the firehouse, anyone?), that print never comes available

What Emek stuff did you pick up (not that I have a Firehouse, but just curious)?
    Anyone manage to pick this up over the weekend?

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/67128

Not that my wife would have put this up in the living room (following the rest of the theme here this morning), but she would have let me put it up in the bedroom. :)

Tut tut.

it's called being an adult ;)

Irish Al wrote:
    Have you got a link?

NO!! ;)
    bostonlou wrote:
    it's called being an adult ;)
    NO ;)

I need a coffee!
    cerebus wrote:
    What Emek stuff did you pick up (not that I have a Firehouse, but just curious)?

Coachella Kraft Variant ... which was the only thing I intended on buying ... that festival means a lot to me I would have been pretty bummed if I missed out on it. Would have liked the foil as well so I could have all three as a set, but, he only brought about 8 of those and I was about 20th in line. It was also $350 ... so, kind of glad I had hat extra cash to put towards the other stuff I bought. (incluing that 2000 PJ print got, which, is still my favorite find of the show)

After that, the other emek stuff I got was pure bonus, as I didn't expect to see any of these which I also picked up ...

10k Lakes Dove ed.
    Decemberists A/P
    Eagles of Death Metal 1st (denim) it's really cool in person, couldn't pass it up ...

I've been really lucky the past month or so with Artillery, and then this ... if someone sees me complaining any time in the next six months, please, repost this and I'll stfu.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Coachella Kraft Variant ... which was the only thing I intended on buying ... that festival means a lot to me I would have been pretty bummed if I missed out on it. Would have liked the foil as well so I could have all three as a set, but, he only brought about 8 of those and I was about 20th in line. It was also $350 ... so, kind of glad I had hat extra cash to put towards the other stuff I bought. (incluing that 2000 PJ print got, which, is still my favorite find of the show)

After that, the other emek stuff I got was pure bonus, as I didn't expect to see any of these which I also picked up ...

10k Lakes Dove ed.
    Decemberists A/P
    Eagles of Death Metal 1st (denim) it's really cool in person, couldn't pass it up ...

I've been really lucky the past month or so with Artillery, and then this ... if someone sees me complaining any time in the next six months, please, repost this and I'll stfu.

Those are some NICE pick-ups. Congrats! Did he mention when the Coachella and EODM print were being sold generally?
    is it literally denim? or denim like paper?
    cerebus wrote:
    Those are some NICE pick-ups. Congrats! Did he mention when the Coachella and EODM print were being sold generally?

I didn't ask when, or if, these would go one sale to the public ... seeing as I was buying them, that would have been a dick move to ask when he's selling more of what I am buying.

bostonlou wrote:
    is it literally denim? or denim like paper?

it's literally denim ... a little thinner then say a jeans jacket ... but, yeah ... it's just like the back of a jeans jacket ... the hand detailing on it is pretty sick too, that must have taken forever.

He said getting the ink to work on the denim was a royal pain in the arse, quite a few test runs before it finally came out, and even then I think he wanted a bigger run then the 100 it is.

• GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    I hope we get a chance at those.....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    jimed14 wrote:
    I didn't ask when, or if, these would go one sale to the public ... seeing as I was buying them, that would have been a dick move to ask when he's selling more of what I am buying.

Just curious. He could have said something like "Yes, those are nice prints and I'm selling them in November, but not to taper".
    cerebus wrote:
    Just curious. He could have said something like "Yes, those are nice prints and I'm selling them in November, but not to taper".

wasn't meant as a comment towards you (hope you didn't take it that way) ... I would have loved to give you guys some inside information ...

one of the guys on ebeans posted pics of the event ... he snapped this one of emek signing & doodling stuff ... kind of cool as he's actually signing *my* stuff in this shot ...

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/jgreco_14/?action=view&current=EmekSigning.jpg

edit ... if you can get to this show next year, I highly recommend it ... the artists are so laid back and really approachable ... an the history there was insane ... we think we spend big coin on what we buy, some folks were dropping multiple thousands of dollars on the classic 60s stuff ... truly amazing to be around.

• cerebus wrote:
    Anyone manage to pick this up over the weekend?

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/67128

Not that my wife would have put this up in the living room (following the rest of the theme here this morning), but she would have let me put it up in the bedroom. :)

$500 for that ugly ass print...I would rather decorate my walls with 10 Klausen/Crash Polos instead.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
    jimed14 wrote:
    wasn't meant as a comment towards you (hope you didn't take it that way) ... I would have loved to give you guys some inside information ...

one of the guys on ebeans posted pics of the event ... he snapped this one of emek signing & doodling stuff ... kind of cool as he's actually signing *my* stuff in this shot ...

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/jgreco_14/?action=view&current=EmekSigning.jpg

did he personalize them at all? or just sign them as they were sold?

i want an emek signed "bostonlou is a dick"

:)
    bostonlou wrote:
    did he personalize them at all? or just sign them as they were sold?

i want an emek signed "bostonlou is a dick"

:)

Part of the reason his line did not move ... he took the time to hand sign and doodle everything that was bought, and as he was doing so, he would talk to everyone. Seems like such a pain while you're waiting, but, it's a classy move to really chat wth everyone ... not just a "hey, thanks" but ... be personal.

don't know if he'd write out "bostonlou is a dick" ... but he might doodle you a schlong ... probably make it more flippable ... where's speedy?