NC Cancelation, Vote For Change, and Vietnam

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr.

PJ just added to the darkness in NC by not providing us a place, time, and venue to create joy, love, and compassion for all human beings.

This is quite possibly the most despicable decision I have seen any band make. In my humble opinion, PJ has grabbed the coat tails of Bruce and just plain quit the fight. During the VFC tour, did PJ play in States that had no influence on the issue of the day??? NO, we (The Fans) rallied WITH PJ to create change, NOT TO RUN FROM IT. We all went to the battle ground States and battled. 7 of us went on a road trip to support the cause (I was arrested in Reading, 1 arrest in Toledo, etc...) because we fought back.

The March on Selma??? I guess PJ wouldn't have gone.

Vietnam March on Washington??? I guess PJ wouldn't have gone

Katrina??? I guess PJ wouldn't have gone

Is Jazz Fest safe enough for PJ? Really.....because the US Government left thousands to die there, I was there, and I will say no more on the issue. Maybe Eddie could mention NC at Jazz Fest....Ow....wait, they quit on NC!

Social and political change is only created by the roaring of thousands of voices, together, as one unit, to be heard.

PJ has taken the cowardly way out, and that is a fact. I guess PJ cares more about "Uncle Neil" and Bruce than the fans. PEOPLE COME FROM FAR AWAY TO SEE THESE SHOWS, PAY HARD EARNED CASH, AND ARE THEN BASICALLY TOLD TO F-OFF.

Since when did peaceful protest and joyous sound become a "propaganda tool" for PJ? While the band is sitting around doing ABSOLUTALLY NOTHING, I'm sure Kat and the rest of the elves in PJ land can keep assembling those $100 record crates....or more shirts, posters, keychain, hats, koozies, hoodies, dog collars, bouncy balls, "Limited Edition Crap", or more mis-pressed LPs (Lightning Bolt).

Not only has PJ gone into their "Rolling Stones" phase, they have plain quit. Quite honestly, the last 3 albums have been crap (The Fixer????), (Let's put a little ranch on it).

They have literally turned green with disease, judging from the "Goods???...CONSUME" store on 10C.

A bit of advice for the boys, FIGHT BACK, DON'T RUN AND HIDE IN YOUR 5 STAR HOTEL AND GO PADDLE BOARDING. I guess that PJ has chosen to remain SILENT (Not 1 F-Ing note), so I will speak out. F:!K THIS S-,T. PJ quit on us all. Whatever happened to "I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room"???

Cowardly, at best. Kat is most assuredly going to defeat this post, or heavily edit it, and to be quite honest, I sincerely don't give a S$/T. Has Kat (Funny, I had a Bird named Kat when I was 12) actually read the Constitution? For such a FORMERLY political band, they sure do sensor opinions that do not agree with them. So Kat, don't "Warn Me", like you did from my last post. I am not a child. In fact, I work for an organization that keeps the blanket of freedom and security you sleep under every night nice and warm. Ow, and I earned my way to the top. Either accept differing opinions or BAN ME. If you touch or redact just one word, refund me the difference from this years useless membership. Let someone else get BACK OF THE FLOOR TICKETS thru 10C or Row 3 with TM. Maybe y'all could take my membership money and make a PJ portable fan (LIMITED EDITION!!!!!!!! $1000.00).

If PJ is going to straight quit on me, I am entitled to quit on them. END
I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.

Comments

• :whistle:
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • "Who Feels Like A Drank" sure contributed to this¿¿¿. Maybe try water.
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,188

In fact, I work for an organization that keeps the blanket of freedom and security you sleep under every night nice and warm.

That's pretty much the same thing Jack Nicholson said in his speech in A few Good Men.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • So is this an "I quit the 10c post" or not? It's not very clear
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • "Who Feels Like A Drank" sure contributed to this¿¿¿. Maybe try water.

what type of contribution are you seeking?
  • Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 782
    Peace out
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    Oh brother
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    I do think it was weird that he compared it to crossing a picket line.... I kinda thought like it would be more like joining a protest....valid choice, but the wrong one in my opinion.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr.

PJ just added to the darkness in NC by not providing us a place, time, and venue to create joy, love, and compassion for all human beings.

This is quite possibly the most despicable decision I have seen any band make. In my humble opinion, PJ has grabbed the coat tails of Bruce and just plain quit the fight. During the VFC tour, did PJ play in States that had no influence on the issue of the day??? NO, we (The Fans) rallied WITH PJ to create change, NOT TO RUN FROM IT. We all went to the battle ground States and battled. 7 of us went on a road trip to support the cause (I was arrested in Reading, 1 arrest in Toledo, etc...) because we fought back.

The March on Selma??? I guess PJ wouldn't have gone.

Vietnam March on Washington??? I guess PJ wouldn't have gone

Katrina??? I guess PJ wouldn't have gone

Is Jazz Fest safe enough for PJ? Really.....because the US Government left thousands to die there, I was there, and I will say no more on the issue. Maybe Eddie could mention NC at Jazz Fest....Ow....wait, they quit on NC!

Social and political change is only created by the roaring of thousands of voices, together, as one unit, to be heard.

PJ has taken the cowardly way out, and that is a fact. I guess PJ cares more about "Uncle Neil" and Bruce than the fans. PEOPLE COME FROM FAR AWAY TO SEE THESE SHOWS, PAY HARD EARNED CASH, AND ARE THEN BASICALLY TOLD TO F-OFF.

Since when did peaceful protest and joyous sound become a "propaganda tool" for PJ? While the band is sitting around doing ABSOLUTALLY NOTHING, I'm sure Kat and the rest of the elves in PJ land can keep assembling those $100 record crates....or more shirts, posters, keychain, hats, koozies, hoodies, dog collars, bouncy balls, "Limited Edition Crap", or more mis-pressed LPs (Lightning Bolt).

Not only has PJ gone into their "Rolling Stones" phase, they have plain quit. Quite honestly, the last 3 albums have been crap (The Fixer????), (Let's put a little ranch on it).

They have literally turned green with disease, judging from the "Goods???...CONSUME" store on 10C.

A bit of advice for the boys, FIGHT BACK, DON'T RUN AND HIDE IN YOUR 5 STAR HOTEL AND GO PADDLE BOARDING. I guess that PJ has chosen to remain SILENT (Not 1 F-Ing note), so I will speak out. F:!K THIS S-,T. PJ quit on us all. Whatever happened to "I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room"???

Cowardly, at best. Kat is most assuredly going to defeat this post, or heavily edit it, and to be quite honest, I sincerely don't give a S$/T. Has Kat (Funny, I had a Bird named Kat when I was 12) actually read the Constitution? For such a FORMERLY political band, they sure do sensor opinions that do not agree with them. So Kat, don't "Warn Me", like you did from my last post. I am not a child. In fact, I work for an organization that keeps the blanket of freedom and security you sleep under every night nice and warm. Ow, and I earned my way to the top. Either accept differing opinions or BAN ME. If you touch or redact just one word, refund me the difference from this years useless membership. Let someone else get BACK OF THE FLOOR TICKETS thru 10C or Row 3 with TM. Maybe y'all could take my membership money and make a PJ portable fan (LIMITED EDITION!!!!!!!! $1000.00).

If PJ is going to straight quit on me, I am entitled to quit on them. END

Passionate!

I would love to hear about this organization that you work for.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    passionate?

or completely over the top. I'll let you decide
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,031

A bit of advice for the boys, FIGHT BACK, DON'T RUN AND HIDE IN YOUR 5 STAR HOTEL AND GO PADDLE BOARDING.

Was worth it for this :lol:
    Nature drunk and High
  • Spags said:

A bit of advice for the boys, FIGHT BACK, DON'T RUN AND HIDE IN YOUR 5 STAR HOTEL AND GO PADDLE BOARDING.

Was worth it for this :lol:
    what, you've never been paddle boarding in your hotel? get with it :joy:
  • Love the ops passion. Sadly, I agree with this statement more than the bands.

Anyway, the op dos leave out a reference to the band cowering to roger Waters and BDS.

So it looks like the band won't play NC and Israel. Makes sense...
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    **slow golf clap***

OP is spot on
  • 7 of us went on a road trip to support the cause (I was arrested in Reading, 1 arrest in Toledo, etc...) because we fought back.

You weren't doing it right if you got arrested.
    Nobody has time for that demonstration and getting arrested shit.
    No responsible adult wants a record. Your protest/arrest did nothing.