2»

Comments

• Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Very well said op

Now imagine they cancelled philly 1 on April 26th!!!! :lol:
    Well I guess you and I would be getting drunk together! Lol
    The timing sucks but I understand why they did it. What s up with people traveling and booking non refundable airfare?
    I always fly Southwest and can be as wishy washy as I want with flights.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Embarrassed to see what has happened to this fanbase.

Reading things like "politics and music should never mix" makes me wonder if many of these people would've been fans back in the 90s when they pulled t-shirts and cancelled entire tours in protest. Makes me realize how much this band has shaped me and my beliefs.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • TL170678TL170678 Posts: 422

Reading things like "politics and music should never mix" makes me wonder if many of these people would've been fans back in the 90s when they pulled t-shirts and cancelled entire tours in protest. Makes me realize how much this band has shaped me and my beliefs.

No No PJ has gone from being an anti-establishment fuck the government-vote Nader- band to hanging out with Obama while he drones countries.
  • The fact they cancelled isn't the issue. 2 days before show is total bullshit and a slap in the face of their fans PERIOD
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,991

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ajporvida said:

My tickets, my vacation, my wife's first show, my my my...For a little perspective, THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU. If, by some chance, this has ruined your life, well, it looks like a good time to pick up the peices and start over again. Music is entertainment. Discrimination Is oppression, and no amount of live music can entertain in that kind of environment. The announcement timing may suck, but you will probably still have your full rights when you get to NC, unless of course you are part of the LGBT community. Let the great flame war of 2016 begin...

SERIOUSLY FUCK YOU!
    bands get political?
    we pay their fucking livelihood!!
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • The fact they cancelled isn't the issue. 2 days before show is total bullshit and a slap in the face of their fans PERIOD

yep! hypocritical leftist rockstars
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,743
    Let the locking begin. Good grief! So much anger and hatred!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    You have to expect people to vent and feel disappointed.

• brianlux said:

Let the locking begin. Good grief! So much anger and hatred!

yeah anger and hatred from the band's crybaby politics against their own fans!!
    MayDay10 said:

Hey, fine by me. I'm thick skinned enough. I don't even care if it's directed at me (it wasn't) but I just have doubts that say "Fuck you" to another fan club member on these forums is a wise idea.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902

we pay their fucking livelihood!!

And this band in particular could not care less if you keep your money. They are humans with principles.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    brianlux said:

MayDay10 said:

Hey, fine by me. I'm thick skinned enough. I don't even care if it's directed at me (it wasn't) but I just have doubts that say "Fuck you" to another fan club member on these forums is a wise idea.
    No need to resort to the "fuck yous"... but I see ghouls here and on fb who are going out of their way to put down those who are extremely disappointed, (and in many cases out multiple c-notes). The name calling seems to be the desired response some people are fishing for.
  • ajporvidaajporvida Posts: 40
    brianlux said:

MayDay10 said:

Yeah, it's ok by me. It's definitely a "heat of the moment" comment, and my original post - although meant to provide a perspective - didn't really address the person frustration of those who were looking forward to this show, and the timing of the announcement. I still stand by the sentiment of my post, that this decision was not about the 20k ticketholders, it was about the residents of the state who are being discriminated against. With that said, the timing of the announcement, while disheartening to those who can't change their plans, is difficult to compare to the everyday infringement of rights this law will subject the LGBT residents of NC. I, perhaps, could have chosen more sensitive wording to address this, but I hope this thread doesn't get locked.
  • jlbuschjlbusch Posts: 54
    Personally I would like to see every fan affected by this write a letter to the NC governor as in the end he is truly the one who is responsible. I am going to ask him to refund my money....just to make a point.
    North Carolina Office of the Governor
    20301 Mail Service Center
    Raleigh, NC 27699-0301
    (919) 814-2000

ajporvida said:

brianlux said:

MayDay10 said:

Yeah, it's ok by me. It's definitely a "heat of the moment" comment, and my original post - although meant to provide a perspective - didn't really address the person frustration of those who were looking forward to this show, and the timing of the announcement. I still stand by the sentiment of my post, that this decision was not about the 20k ticketholders, it was about the residents of the state who are being discriminated against. With that said, the timing of the announcement, while disheartening to those who can't change their plans, is difficult to compare to the everyday infringement of rights this law will subject the LGBT residents of NC. I, perhaps, could have chosen more sensitive wording to address this, but I hope this thread doesn't get locked.
    I as well think addressing the frustration of disappointed fans is worthwhile and appropriate. What doesn't cut it for me and seems rather ironic in light of what the band represents, is to see all the seething, anger, personal attacks, hatred, animosity, name calling ("moron" is one that just popped up elsewhere) and bitterness toward fellow Pearl Jam members. I know it's apt to happen, but I have to ask, is it necessary?