GA Lines

2»

Comments

• pepsigatorspepsigators Posts: 182
    euchrid said:

NG188522 said:

Anyone have any insight on GA lines for the Toronto shows? I don't need to be rail but would like to at least be first 10 rows or so? Should i get there early or will the trend hold true?

As a fellow Toronto fan, I just did some research and I think that us with pit tickets lucked out pretty hard. From looking at the seating charts for various venues, the Toronto pit is like 1/4 the size of all the other venues. For most venues the GA section is equal or larger than the seated floor but for the ACC it's tiny (if the seating chart is true). I tried to dig deeper to see how many rows they have on the floor vs other venues. If memory serves the ACC normally has 40-45 seated rows on the floor and the last row I can find on Stub Hub is 27. So if it goes to 30 then there are just 10 rows that are in the pit.
    Pretty sure that the GA in Toronto will be about 1/3 of floor like other venues. That seating map is a generic one the ACC uses. I have tried contacting TM and the ACC to get a "real" one and they just said the band didn't provide one.
    I was wondering about that seating chart myself. Also, I have GA1 tickets. I have seen some people say they have GA2. Does this mean there are two separate GA sections? Or just a numbering system they use for some unknown reason? If the pit ended up being tiny that would be unreal.
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840

euchrid said:

NG188522 said:

Anyone have any insight on GA lines for the Toronto shows? I don't need to be rail but would like to at least be first 10 rows or so? Should i get there early or will the trend hold true?

As a fellow Toronto fan, I just did some research and I think that us with pit tickets lucked out pretty hard. From looking at the seating charts for various venues, the Toronto pit is like 1/4 the size of all the other venues. For most venues the GA section is equal or larger than the seated floor but for the ACC it's tiny (if the seating chart is true). I tried to dig deeper to see how many rows they have on the floor vs other venues. If memory serves the ACC normally has 40-45 seated rows on the floor and the last row I can find on Stub Hub is 27. So if it goes to 30 then there are just 10 rows that are in the pit.
    Pretty sure that the GA in Toronto will be about 1/3 of floor like other venues. That seating map is a generic one the ACC uses. I have tried contacting TM and the ACC to get a "real" one and they just said the band didn't provide one.
    I was wondering about that seating chart myself. Also, I have GA1 tickets. I have seen some people say they have GA2. Does this mean there are two separate GA sections? Or just a numbering system they use for some unknown reason? If the pit ended up being tiny that would be unreal.
    I think they just mean night 1 vs night 2
    euchrid said:

euchrid said:

NG188522 said:

I think they just mean night 1 vs night 2
    I have GA1 for Night 2.
  • jkalmanjkalman Posts: 75
    I have:

MSG1 GA
    Boston 8/7 (night 2) Reserved Seating

Looking for:

MSG2 GA
    Boston 8/5 reserved (excellent seats) or GA
    Chicago either night excellent seats or GA

I will trade like for like, or buy tickets for the nights I want at cost.

Thanks!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680

MayDay10 said:

What is the general etiquette on waiting in line?

I am going to have to meet up with my ticket buddy coming in from out of town to pick up our tickets. I will probably need out of line like for a (half hour)?

What about merch? Does anyone do that?

My understanding is that usually everyone is cool and let's you step out for things like going to pick up your tickets and bathroom or food runs(about half an hour absences). I have heard that it is pretty common for one ticket buddy to do the merch line while the other stays in the GA line. Pretty much the golden rule is be cool with people around you, put in the time but it's not prison.
    Cool. Thanks. My ticket buddy will not be on line with me... nor will I let her jump in with me when she gets there.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,687

euchrid said:

NG188522 said:

This comes up every tour....

The GA1, GA2, GA3, etc. Is just for accounting.
    For large stadium shows you could see GA20 or higher.
    There is only 1 GA section.

euchrid said:

NG188522 said:

This comes up every tour....

The GA1, GA2, GA3, etc. Is just for accounting.
    For large stadium shows you could see GA20 or higher.
    There is only 1 GA section.
    Makes sense, thanks.