Vs.

2»

Comments

• That first wave of 13 songs must have been insane. There was no break, getting this boot for sure

they took a deep breath after RVM, not that it matters really
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• I have said it many times here, over the years, VS. could possibly be the GREATEST album released by any band. I would have LOVED to have been in that room last night. By the 3rd or 4th song I probably would have broken down and started to cry. Congrats to those lucky folks who were there last night. I'm jealous.

Ditto
    Ten and VS. were Game/Life changers for me. Those 2 albums changed a lot of different things in my life. I know that sounds strange, coming from me, but its the damn truth. Without those 2 albums, I am not here on this board, I am not going to my 50th whatever Pearl Jam show this spring, I do not meet a ton of folks from all over the globe who share my love for this band, etc. I can remember EXACTLY where I was when I purchased VS, I can remember EXACTLY where I was when I 1st listened to VS, I can remember reading the lyrics from front to back probably 100 times. VS is still my "Go To" album. It is a masterpiece. It is Pearl Jam at their absolute best hour. There might not be a better album released by any band. VS is magical.

I would have loved to have been in that room last night.
    So, you like versus, huh?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• on2legson2legs Posts: 14,991
    To me the surprise of realizing they were playing Vs. more than makes up for the lack of surprise over the setlist for the next ten songs.

I wouldn't like it every show or even multiple times per tour. But a "one of" is awesome. :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635

I have said it many times here, over the years, VS. could possibly be the GREATEST album released by any band. I would have LOVED to have been in that room last night. By the 3rd or 4th song I probably would have broken down and started to cry. Congrats to those lucky folks who were there last night. I'm jealous.

Ditto
    Ten and VS. were Game/Life changers for me. Those 2 albums changed a lot of different things in my life. I know that sounds strange, coming from me, but its the damn truth. Without those 2 albums, I am not here on this board, I am not going to my 50th whatever Pearl Jam show this spring, I do not meet a ton of folks from all over the globe who share my love for this band, etc. I can remember EXACTLY where I was when I purchased VS, I can remember EXACTLY where I was when I 1st listened to VS, I can remember reading the lyrics from front to back probably 100 times. VS is still my "Go To" album. It is a masterpiece. It is Pearl Jam at their absolute best hour. There might not be a better album released by any band. VS is magical.

Exactly! Their finest hour indeed.
    Nice shirt.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself Posts: 8,818
    edited April 2016
    derbydave said:

An all around GREAT time for me in Greenville!!!
    Loved walking down Main Street...
    So many cool art galleries, shops bars & restaurants,
    Greenville is a really nice city!!
    The merch line was really long, BUT the arena staff were proactive and made sure everything flowed as smoothly as possible!!
    Really nice venue...the grounds were immaculate and there was a good party atmosphere with food and beverage tents set up on the terraces outside before the show.
    You really get a good sense of the"Southern Hospitality" here.
    Got to see so many friends from past shows and met a bunch of new ones as well...I know it's been said before, but hanging out & tailgating with touring friends and fans is ALMOST better than the show itself!! :wink:
    Getting VS in it's entirety was INCREDIBLE...and I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the arena last night, Greenville really was a special show and I'm so glad I picked this one to start my tour!!
    #OnToHampton :rock_on:

So nice to see you again Dave!! It was an unbelievable night! I was rail right I front of Stone. To see him doing what he does on VS from that close up was such an amazing experience!! I can't believe it still! Everybody in the building was having a blast and Eddie was seriously electric all night. I'm so glad I made the trip. Slept about 4 hours total in 2 nights and now I'm on my way back home to NJ. Kids and hubby waiting for me and want me to send them the Costco list. Lol

Bring on Philly and msg!!!!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Greta show! My wife and I loved meeting and talking with everyone. We had a commond bond between us because of the band and it was great having conversation about everything. Loved discovering they were playing VS! Electric energy for sure!!! Thank you Greenville....what an excellent town!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • iiseeiisee Posts: 485
    Just drove back home to Charlotte from Greenville....All I can say is just wow...Epic does not describe it...the city, the venue, the crowd...and Vs. front to back....Amazing. I was feeling like we didn't try hard enough to get more shows this year, but after that, I KNOW we got the right one!!

I have said it many times here, over the years, VS. could possibly be the GREATEST album released by any band. I would have LOVED to have been in that room last night. By the 3rd or 4th song I probably would have broken down and started to cry. Congrats to those lucky folks who were there last night. I'm jealous.

Ditto

8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,278
    awesome
    danny d
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778

derbydave said:

The merch line was really long, BUT the arena staff were proactive and made sure everything flowed as smoothly as possible!!
    Really nice venue...the grounds were immaculate and there was a good party atmosphere with food and beverage tents set up on the terraces outside before the show.
    Got to see so many friends from past shows and met a bunch of new ones as well...I know it's been said before, but hanging out & tailgating with touring friends and fans is ALMOST better than the show itself!! :wink:
    Getting VS in it's entirety was INCREDIBLE...and I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the arena last night, Greenville really was a special show and I'm so glad I picked this one to start my tour!!

So nice to see you again Dave!! It was an unbelievable night! I was rail right I front of Stone. To see him doing what he does on VS from that close up was such an amazing experience!! I can't believe it still! Everybody in the building was having a blast and Eddie was seriously electric all night. I'm so glad I made the trip. Slept about 4 hours total in 2 nights and now I'm on my way back home to NJ. Kids and hubby waiting for me and want me to send them the Costco list. Lol

Bring on Philly and msg!!!!
    That's about where I was! It was so electric down there. Getting some of Ed's wine was the finishing touch to an amazing time in Greenville. Amazing city you folks have.
  • derbydave said:

Not the sidewalk, but Main Street
    Dodgin' traffic with flyin' feet
    That's how good I felt

Good to see you again buddy. Catch up tonight or tomorrow for some drinks.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,926
    This band gets better and better
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 Posts: 1,294
    derbydave said:

Id like to echo everything mentioned in this post. I couldn't have said it better. It was a great day and night in Gville.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Lucky fuckers.

I'm jealous.

I see a number of threads on here requesting "full albums" at one venue or another, and I have to say that I'm not a huge advocate for that -- so much good stuff on so many different records -- I'd rather hear a good mix of songs from across the spectrum.

BUT ... having said that, I can't help but admit that I felt the subtle yet distinct tinge of envy when I read about "Vs. in Greenville" last night. If there is one album I'd love to hear 'em play live it's Vs. Such a great record.

I saw Pearl Jam perform in Albuquerque in '93 in support of Vs. They opened with Animal and followed up with Go. Played a lot of Vs. that night, ... but not all of it. Must've been amazing to hear it all (in order, no less!!!!) last night.

I'll be making the trip to NY for MSG 1 + 2. Hoping for something special there.

Congrats Greenville. That was big.