Vs.

KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
Greenville
I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    I just got in and seen the tweet :open_mouth: - :rock_on: BRING ON THE BOOT!!!!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Posts: 2,579
    Awesome, more money to spend on boots (full album performances are one of the cornerstones of my boot collection, lol).

Seriously, that's fantastic for those at the show! Appropriate for Record Store Day, lol.

For those keeping track, here's the list:
    1992-03-13 Munich, Germany (Ten)
    2006-09-19 Torino, Italy (Self-titled)
    2014-10-17 Moline, IL (No Code)
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee, WI (Yield)
    2016-04-16 Greenville, SC (Vs.)
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,845
    And .... we're just waiting for Vitalogy in Philly.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Bdog10Bdog10 Posts: 471
    Why open with Corduroy though?
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,226
    Sitting in traffic. Great show!!!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 407

And .... we're just waiting for Vitalogy in Philly.

Was thinking the same thing.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    JojoRice said:

Sitting in traffic. Great show!!!!

Great av!
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Just got back to our hotel. AMAZING show! Was at Horizon Records earlier today shopping for RSD.. While I was looking at records, my wife said that Mike McCready came in and I was like naw.. Musta been someone else... Well tonight they talked about Mike going over there, so I had to apologize.... Lol

Again, amazing show... Can prolly share more tomorrow when the excitement settles.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,838

Awesome, more money to spend on boots (full album performances are one of the cornerstones of my boot collection, lol).

Seriously, that's fantastic for those at the show! Appropriate for Record Store Day, lol.

FWIW, Torino wasn't in order, but whatever.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Posts: 2,579

FWIW, Torino wasn't in order, but whatever.
    I'm confused, lol. Looking at the Torino set list, checking against the album's running order, they're the same, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    MedozK said:

Just got back to our hotel. AMAZING show! Was at Horizon Records earlier today shopping for RSD.. While I was looking at records, my wife said that Mike McCready came in and I was like naw.. Musta been someone else... Well tonight they talked about Mike going over there, so I had to apologize.... Lol

Again, amazing show... Can prolly share more tomorrow when the excitement settles.

Always listen to the wife =)

Sounds like quite the show! Smiling for the highs all of you must be feeling tonight.
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,771
    edited April 2016
    That first wave of 13 songs must have been insane. There was no break, getting this boot for sure
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,477
    I have said it many times here, over the years, VS. could possibly be the GREATEST album released by any band. I would have LOVED to have been in that room last night. By the 3rd or 4th song I probably would have broken down and started to cry. Congrats to those lucky folks who were there last night. I'm jealous.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,991
    edited April 2016
    To me... Vs. is the best album to hear straight through at a show. Congrats Greenville :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Amazing show last night. Wish I could post pics!! So epic
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I guess I'm in the minority... not too blown away with the full album play on the set lists.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

I have said it many times here, over the years, VS. could possibly be the GREATEST album released by any band. I would have LOVED to have been in that room last night. By the 3rd or 4th song I probably would have broken down and started to cry. Congrats to those lucky folks who were there last night. I'm jealous.

Well said, it was amazing.
    Glorified G was awesome live and it's one of my bottom 5 PJ songs.
    We were a lucky crowd for sure.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    FANTASTIC! I would be doing back flips.

Nice shirt.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    I would have loved to have seen Indifference with the lights down. Also Turin Italy setlist does look in order unless there was an error there?
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    An all around GREAT time for me in Greenville!!!
    Loved walking down Main Street...
    So many cool art galleries, shops bars & restaurants,
    Greenville is a really nice city!!
    The merch line was really long, BUT the arena staff were proactive and made sure everything flowed as smoothly as possible!!
    Really nice venue...the grounds were immaculate and there was a good party atmosphere with food and beverage tents set up on the terraces outside before the show.
    You really get a good sense of the"Southern Hospitality" here.
    Got to see so many friends from past shows and met a bunch of new ones as well...I know it's been said before, but hanging out & tailgating with touring friends and fans is ALMOST better than the show itself!! :wink:
    Getting VS in it's entirety was INCREDIBLE...and I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the arena last night, Greenville really was a special show and I'm so glad I picked this one to start my tour!!
    #OnToHampton :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• I have said it many times here, over the years, VS. could possibly be the GREATEST album released by any band. I would have LOVED to have been in that room last night. By the 3rd or 4th song I probably would have broken down and started to cry. Congrats to those lucky folks who were there last night. I'm jealous.

Ditto
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson Posts: 1,366
    MayDay10 said:

I guess I'm in the minority... not too blown away with the full album play on the set lists.

I'm with yah on that.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240

And .... we're just waiting for Binaural in Philly.

Fixed that for you! No need to thank me.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404
    MayDay10 said:

I m with you bud.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,477

Ditto
    Ten and VS. were Game/Life changers for me. Those 2 albums changed a lot of different things in my life. I know that sounds strange, coming from me, but its the damn truth. Without those 2 albums, I am not here on this board, I am not going to my 50th whatever Pearl Jam show this spring, I do not meet a ton of folks from all over the globe who share my love for this band, etc. I can remember EXACTLY where I was when I purchased VS, I can remember EXACTLY where I was when I 1st listened to VS, I can remember reading the lyrics from front to back probably 100 times. VS is still my "Go To" album. It is a masterpiece. It is Pearl Jam at their absolute best hour. There might not be a better album released by any band. VS is magical.

I would have loved to have been in that room last night.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    mcgruff10 said:

MayDay10 said:

I m with you bud.
    Yeah. I get that it is kind of unique/different. But to me, after I realized what they were doing, I would know the Playlist for like an hour of the show.
    MayDay10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

MayDay10 said:

I m with you bud.
    Yeah. I get that it is kind of unique/different. But to me, after I realized what they were doing, I would know the Playlist for like an hour of the show.
    And it was a pretty damn good feeling!!!
    Knowing that I was gonna FINALLY get to...
    DROP THE LEASH!!!! :rock_on:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• DrdealDrdeal Posts: 695
    I echo Derby Dave's comments. Drove 11 hours from NJ with RustNeverSleeps. Nice ride down. Hit Horizon records after researching where to go for RSD. 120 people on line at 8;45 when I got there. Was trying for a Green River LP. All gone but I did score a Mike Raw Power Iggy Tribute LP which is very cool. Merch line staff was the best I have seen after 30 shows. The vibe in the arena was jubilant and festive fromn the start.You could feel the love for the band in the air all day. Got 1st row on Mike's side. Met Dreby Dave outside as my Co-Pilot knows him. Great guy! Met Shawn from Seattle who has attended 150 PJ shows!!!! Rustneversleeps called Vs. after 10 seconds of Animal. Hearing Vs. in full on RSD was surreal. I think they gave us a record on RSD. The show after Vs. was epic also. I saw David Gilmour last Monday at MSG. To hear PJ do Comfortbly Numb was incredible. Mike channeled Gilmour to say the least. Took some great pics. This is one for the books. Driving to Hampton VA to drop my Co-pilot off so he can hit the show tomorrow night. Back to NJ for me. Thanks Pearl Jam. Can't wait for MSG. Andrew

• Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 661
    Brain of Jealousy
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ
    09SEP2024 - Philadelphia, PA
    12SEP2024 - Baltimore, MD

Drdeal said:

I echo Derby Dave's comments. Drove 11 hours from NJ with RustNeverSleeps. Nice ride down. Hit Horizon records after researching where to go for RSD. 120 people on line at 8;45 when I got there. Was trying for a Green River LP. All gone but I did score a Mike Raw Power Iggy Tribute LP which is very cool. Merch line staff was the best I have seen after 30 shows. The vibe in the arena was jubilant and festive fromn the start.You could feel the love for the band in the air all day. Got 1st row on Mike's side. Met Dreby Dave outside as my Co-Pilot knows him. Great guy! Met Shawn from Seattle who has attended 150 PJ shows!!!! Rustneversleeps called Vs. after 10 seconds of Animal. Hearing Vs. in full on RSD was surreal. I think they gave us a record on RSD. The show after Vs. was epic also. I saw David Gilmour last Monday at MSG. To hear PJ do Comfortbly Numb was incredible. Mike channeled Gilmour to say the least. Took some great pics. This is one for the books. Driving to Hampton VA to drop my Co-pilot off so he can hit the show tomorrow night. Back to NJ for me. Thanks Pearl Jam. Can't wait for MSG. Andrew

So nice meeting you my friend...
    Safe travels back home and I'm sure our paths will cross again real soon!! :plus_one: