Options

Singles...

2»

Comments

• Options
    NossieNossie Adelaide, Australia Posts: 1,039
    Heh. That is a good point. It wasn't like they'd been dating for very long.

I definitely agree on the no talking about exes thing the first date/hangout.

Sometimes, parsing out these little details and questions for ourselves is half the fun of watching the movie.

It's amazing that you can watch the movie countless times... yet still manage to get something out of it each time... that is the sign of a classic movie!
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • Options
    This movie is so fun!
    What about that scene with the bees??? I love Ed's expression!!!
  • Options
    NossieNossie Adelaide, Australia Posts: 1,039
    breath_gal wrote:
    This movie is so fun!
    What about that scene with the bees??? I love Ed's expression!!!

I love the scene, early on in the film, where Jeff comes in to get Matt to move his car... "... while we're still young..." the look on his face is classic!
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I love this movie. As soon as I could get it on DVD, I did! BUT, I did see it on HBO today and afterwards I was thinking, who the hell takes their laundry to a date's house to wash for the date?!?!?!? I have never heard of that! Maybe because I was a teenager at the time of the movie and never had that sort of date? Seriously! That's just funky. And I was thinking about their actual hanging out the first time, she talked about exes the whole time! What guy wouldn't run? I know it's just a movie but I can quote this movie backwards and forwards and only today did these things occur to me!

Yeah, that laundry bit confused me as well! I'm sure there's a continuity issue there in that scene but I have to watch it again to remind myself of what it was.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Yeah, that laundry bit confused me as well! I'm sure there's a continuity issue there in that scene but I have to watch it again to remind myself of what it was.

I'm not one to quibble with minor details. Mind you, I never actually thought about it before and I've seen this movie a million times. It just occurred to me when i posted how very strange that was. And after one "date" he offers her his parking thingy? Just straaaaaaange! Good thing I love the movie. :)
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    lilingerlilinger London, UK Posts: 475
    A compliment for us, is a compliment for you. :D
    I am forever grateful to this band for giving us their ALL every single night and offering me such a wonderful gift - MUSIC, music that allows me to feel all that I want to feel, music that makes me strong in times of weakness, music that gives me joy in times of sorrow - SammieBlack
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    lilinger wrote:
    A compliment for us, is a compliment for you. :D

Whenever I get a text message on my phone that's what plays. I love that line.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    I love the scene where they are looking at those videos from the dating agency, and the last video is some intense looking guy staring into the camera saying "I am very, VERY, lonely".

Hilarious!
  • Options
    The best part is the pointless chris cornell scene, where he walks onto the front yard, bobs his head to the music coming from the car, then dissapears..
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Love it when Steve is in the phonebox and behind him on the wall theres 'Its a Mike Thing' scraped into the wall!

Also love the acoustic spoonman and the whole story behind that.

And the way Chris can sing Birth Ritual back then... tis unreal!

I love that film!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    I love it - I only wish there would be a re-release with a reasonable sound - the excisting DVD is rather poor.
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
  • Options
    lilingerlilinger London, UK Posts: 475
    This means everything to me:

We will always go dancing!

:D
    I am forever grateful to this band for giving us their ALL every single night and offering me such a wonderful gift - MUSIC, music that allows me to feel all that I want to feel, music that makes me strong in times of weakness, music that gives me joy in times of sorrow - SammieBlack