*** Miami, FL Fanviews Here 4/9/16 ***

1235»

Comments

• JayneegirrlJayneegirrl Milwaukee Posts: 112
    My deepest gratitude to the 10c for the GA tickets!!!! It was my best show yet.

I want to thank the band for the work I can't imagine they do to put on the shows they do. I did 2 shows in a row and was exhausted as just an audience member!

It was so nice escaping Wisconsin for the paradise that is Miami. In my mind THAT was their 25th Anniversary Celebration. As it was such a beautiful time for a Getaway!!!

I enjoyed watching Ft Lauderdale from great 10c ticket I bought. But there is nothing like being in GA! Seeing the nuances of the show can only be described as reading a book Vs seeing the movie!!

Your grateful fan,

Jaynie

• footsteps66footsteps66 Boston,Ma Posts: 61
    myoung321 said:

Great time - cool people

Great meeting you guys we were right next to u Jay and Katie from Boston

All my future GA's will hopefully have people like @buck502000 on one side and @footsteps66 on the other side. We had a great time! Thanks guys...!

we had a great time meeting u guys i cant wait to meet up with u guys and do it again at another show!
    Mansfield 03' 1,2,3
    Boston 04'
    Boston 06' 1 & 2
    Mansfield 08' 1
    Boston 10'
    Worcester 13' 1 & 2
    Hartford 13'
    Austin 14'
    Ft lauderdale 16'
    Miami 16'
    Philly 16' 1
    Fenway !6' 1 & 2
  • EDDMBEDDMB Posts: 117
    Opening run was great..Corduroy Evolution MYM ...Save You is ok I would have preferred Animal or Hail Hail there...

Pilate and Dissident were fantastic...WMA took me by surprise ..love it...

Infallible came just as I had to pee...its a great bathroom/beer run song...never liked it... ...Daughter is a classic and I always love hearing it.....

Personally I could do without Sad and Down...play Not For You and Last Exit there..but hey , its EV and he loves to play some odd rare tunes so whatever....

2 guys up front had Tremor Christ written on their foreheads.....Ed of course loved it , and in return they played a great version so TY much....awesome stuff....

Jeremy SOLAT and RVM were the highlights of the main set..which I felt was rather uneven at times....

Encore 1 bored me to tears at the start....no one knew Good Woman..at all..Just Breathe is another yawn and Sleeping is just boring IMO .. I knew we were in trouble once the ukulele came out lol

Once that sleeper run was over , things turned around..in a huge way...Comfortably Numb was AMAZING..no other way to describe it....and was the highlight song for me...no question....Sirens was a let down..it kills momentum , always.... GTF and ONCE absolutely tore the roof off the building..the pit went ballistic during the chorus for GTF..haven't seen a reaction like that since my European PJ shows ages ago.....

Encore 2 was brilliant..BLACK again ?? no problem..love it and its my fav PJ tune.......SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE !!!!......I always say , any show with SOLAT and STBC is a show Ill take anytime..this was the case in Miami....

The energy was better in Miami than Lauderdale....it was just crazy loud all night..great vibe.... 2 great shows.....staying over in such a great city as Miami was so worth it.....Miami by a nose over Lauderdale .

Highlights: PILATE , Dissident , WMA , Tremor Christ , JEREMY , SOLAT Comfortably Numb ....GTF RITFW.....a few duds played yes...but really a great show to be at ...
    1994 - Paramount - NY - 04.17
    1996 - Randalls Island,NY - 09.29
    1998 - MSG - 09.11
    2000 - Forum - Milan ,IT - 06.22
    2000 - Jones Beach,NY - 08.23, 24 & 25
    2003 - Nassau Coliseum,NY - 04.30
    2003 - MSG - 07.08 & 09
    2005 - Spectrum,PA -10.03
    2006 - Continental Arena,NJ - 06.03
    2006 - Olympic - Barcelona,Spain - 09.01
    2008 - MSG -NY,NY - 06.24 & 25
    2009 - Spectrum-Philadelphia,PA- 10.28 & 30
    2010 - Prudential Center,NJ - 05.18
    2010 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.20 & 21
    2011 - Beacon Theater,NYC - 06.22 (EV)
    2012 - M.E.N Arena - Manchester - 06.21
    2012 - Isle Of Wright Festival - England - 06.23
    2013 - Barclays Center , Bklyn NY - 10.18 & 19
    2016 - BB&T - Ft Lauderdale , FL - 04.08
    2016 - American Airlines Arena - Miami ,FL - 04.09
    2016 - Amalie Arena - Tampa ,FL - 04.11
    2016 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.01& 02
  • iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    edited May 2016
    This is what I posted to my Facebook after the Miami show. Keep in mind, not geared at a PJ-specific audience like a message posted direct to this forum would be, but these were my thoughts at the time. Had a bunch of friends on FB asking how the shows were going so far. I still have friends who don't understand why I follow the band around when I can, but more of them are starting to come around. Made a great new friend in line at the Ft Lauderdale merch tent pre-show and looking forward to seeing him and other new friends in Chicago in a few months. Anyway, here's my post from about a month ago after Miami...

Ok, so a few random thoughts on the Pearl Jam shows so far.
    1. They sound as good as ever. Sounding good has never really been a problem with this band, but they're tight and show no signs of rust. Ed's voice is fantastic and Mike's guitar playing is as enjoyable as ever - I think he is one of the most versatile guitarists ever - you could put him in a punk band, a hair metal band, a blues band, or a psychedelic 60s band, and he can deliver the goods.
    2. This is clearly not a continuation of the Lightning Bolt tour. For those who don't know, that's the name of their last album and the set lists in 2013 and 2014 were heavily weighted towards that record, with usually 8+ songs per night from the new material. The set lists so far on this tour are much more diverse - Pendulum is no longer the standard opener, and there are no more than 3-4 songs played from Lightning Bolt, plus plenty of early stuff from Ten and Vs. and some cool rarities and album cuts from later records. To get Help, Help / Light Years / I Am A Patriot / Deep / W.M.A. (As the actual full song) / Who You Are / Severed Hand / Tremor Christ / Pilate / Soldier of Love within the first two nights alone gives me a lot of hope that they will continue to be adventurous with their song selections during this tour.
    3. They played Comfortably Numb last night. As Pink Floyd is the only other band that ever plays into any discussion I have on the greatest band ever (or at least my favorite), to hear them play that last night was an absolutely gorgeous combination of my two favorite bands that I enjoyed every second of. Shannon and I are leaving for New York City tomorrow to go see David Gilmour play 2 nights at MSG - I expect Comfortably Numb will be in those sets as well so it'll be interesting to see since Pearl Jam's version will be fresh in my mind. My guess is that the vocal from the PJ performance will stand out, while the guitar solos from Gilmour will be clearly superior, as performed by the man himself. But Mike played the shit out of those solos last night.
    4. The crowds have been incredible. I've been at PJ shows where the audience just wasn't an integral part of the show. The south Florida crowds were phenomenal. Ed mentioned at each show how long it had been since PJ had played there (1996 for Fort Lauderdale and 1994 for Miami). Although there were a lot of out of towners at both nights, you could tell that the local fans were very excited to see the band again and I think it truly energized the band. I expect Jacksonville, Hampton and Columbia to be similar levels of excitement and crowd participation for similar reasons. At least, that's what I hope for.
    5. On a related note, both nights had the house lights up for the entire opening song. I don't personally remember seeing that at other PJ shows before. But seeing the band take the stage with house lights still up, and then to have the whole first song played with the audience in full view I think was a very effective way to suck the crowd in early and get the band fired up.
    6. No Yellow Ledbetter either night. As their standard show-closer for a long time, to not get that either night is another indication to me that this tour is somehow different - they're trying new stuff, for whatever reason. I've seen YL too many times to count, so I didn't mind that it was missing. But it was kind of a 'huh' moment when both shows ended without it. Interesting to see if it shows up in the next few nights.
    7. I will miss the next show in Tampa due to the aforementioned trip to NYC to see Mr. Gilmour. Kind of ironic that the one show that's geographically closest to me is one that I will miss on this tour.
    8. Even Flow. Played both nights, and not at warp speed anymore. Great to hear that song closer to its original tempo and funkier feel. Been too long...
    Post edited by iamrockmusic on
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • pjallipjalli Posts: 125
    Have been listening to the boot, and I really love what they did starting thirty seconds into corduroy. Not sure I've heard it before? Only goes for about twenty seconds...And no I'm not talking about the new breakdown :)
  • Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502

5. On a related note, both nights had the house lights up for the entire opening song. I don't personally remember seeing that at other PJ shows before. But seeing the band take the stage with house lights still up, and then to have the whole first song played with the audience in full view I think was a very effective way to suck the crowd in early and get the band fired up.

If I'm not mistaken, the lights went out in FLL.
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
    https://youtu.be/Y-usQiE7f1k

Ok. Lights were on when they hit the stage but off during Go.
  • iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    Gremmie03 said:

If I'm not mistaken, the lights went out in FLL.
    You're right. I think when I made my original posting to Facebook, the euphoria of seeing them on tour again and also the fact that I had about 11 jack&cokes in Lauderdale made my memory a little fuzzy. But conceptually, they are leaving the house lights up for at least some of the opening songs each night, which I dig.
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
    I vehemently agree
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    this guy has some sweet video from the show

https://youtu.be/Upv0UgYrmyc
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    edited June 2016
    Hey Miami folks. I thought I'd release this video early because I don't want this moment to get lost in the full Blu Ray. I was astounded when that kid rushed the stage during Once! He took us back to 92 and Jeff and Ed loved it! Check it out. If this was you, or you know who it was, I want to get him a copy of the full show. Watch in 1080.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW4oMeYpgAE
  • tyweedtyweed Posts: 15
    I just watched this show on YouTube. The version of "Black" is pretty insane. I mean, like, *really fucking good*. How does everyone else feel about this?
    tyweed
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,432
    For the shows I've been to live, I rank it right behind Detroit 2014. It was pretty fucking insane though
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    I was at the Detroit show as well, which was among the very best PJ shows I've seen. If you say Miami was right behind that, then that's high praise indeed. I went to Greenville and Hampton this year -- definitely check out Hampton if you get the chance.
    tyweed
    edited June 2016
    tyweed said:

I was at the Detroit show as well, which was among the very best PJ shows I've seen. If you say Miami was right behind that, then that's high praise indeed. I went to Greenville and Hampton this year -- definitely check out Hampton if you get the chance.

I was at all those shows and for me it was Hampton, Greenville then Miami. I liked Miami's main set, but thought the encores were a little vanilla. Hampton was great straight through.
    Hampton was definitely special. I listened to the Greenville boot for the first time today since being at the show. I have to admit, I was underwhelmed. The novelty of hearing "Vs." in sequence didn't resonate with me as much as it seemed to with the vast majority of the crowd. Aside from "Present Tense," and hearing "Swallowed Whole" for the first time, much of the rest of the set was pretty standard. Some of the performances are a little lackluster, too. I realize a lot of people are super into this show, but comparatively, I just think Hampton was on another level.
    tyweed
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    mrussel1 said:

Hey Miami folks. I thought I'd release this video early because I don't want this moment to get lost in the full Blu Ray. I was astounded when that kid rushed the stage during Once! He took us back to 92 and Jeff and Ed loved it! Check it out. If this was you, or you know who it was, I want to get him a copy of the full show. Watch in 1080.

He ended up coming down right on us..

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

He ended up coming down right on us..

Nice. Glad you caught him
    tyweed said:

Hampton was definitely special. I listened to the Greenville boot for the first time today since being at the show. I have to admit, I was underwhelmed. The novelty of hearing "Vs." in sequence didn't resonate with me as much as it seemed to with the vast majority of the crowd. Aside from "Present Tense," and hearing "Swallowed Whole" for the first time, much of the rest of the set was pretty standard. Some of the performances are a little lackluster, too. I realize a lot of people are super into this show, but comparatively, I just think Hampton was on another level.

The set was pretty good outside the four song run right after Vs., I thought. It was great seeing that album straight, I can tell you that. Probably much better than just listening. It was nice seeing indifference in the dark. It's been many years since I have seen that.
    I hear ya. For me, though, I'd heard much of this album already multiple times. 7 of the 11 songs on Vs. are played regularly and "Glorified G," "Rats," and "Blood" aren't uber-uncommon. I think "Leash" is the only real rarity and was the only track I'd yet to hear off the album, so that was pretty cool. Seeing something like "No Code" or "Binaural" in full just seems far more interesting to me. Anyway, I still had a good time at the show (despite the drunk/chew bro-fest in front of me and passive observers to the left and right) and was psyched to finally hear "Present Tense."
    tyweed
    tyweed said:

I hear ya. For me, though, I'd heard much of this album already multiple times. 7 of the 11 songs on Vs. are played regularly and "Glorified G," "Rats," and "Blood" aren't uber-uncommon. I think "Leash" is the only real rarity and was the only track I'd yet to hear off the album, so that was pretty cool. Seeing something like "No Code" or "Binaural" in full just seems far more interesting to me. Anyway, I still had a good time at the show (despite the drunk/chew bro-fest in front of me and passive observers to the left and right) and was psyched to finally hear "Present Tense."

Hampton was absolutely better. It was the best of the five I saw. I know this isn't a Hampton thread, but I really liked the excellent interspersion of pop favs with the insider songs. Faithfull, I am Mine, Breathe, Come Back, Long Road... all awesome.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    receive the poster rtoday!!awesome!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jguzzijguzzi Monterey, CA Posts: 49
    edited August 2016
    Suziemay said:

Feel free to grab if you're in any of these photos:

Suziemay you are amazing. I am so glad I randomly was checking through this thread. My first show with GA and on the rail. Had an amazing time at an amazing show and now I have some great pictures to remind me of the experience. Thank you soooooo much

Post edited by jguzzi on
    10-31-2009 - Philly, PA
    11-26-2013 - Oakland, CA
    10-16-2014 - Detroit, MI
    04-09-2016 - Miami, FL
    04-11-2016 - Tampa, FL
    08-20-2016 - Chicago, IL
    09-09-2017 - Dana Point, CA (EV)
    06-24-2018 - Padova, Italy
    06-26-2018 - Rome, Italy
    07-01-2018 - Prague, Czech 
    08-10-2018 - Seattle, WA