Walk On Music: It Happened Today-R.E.M.

01. Corduroy
02. Do The Evolution
03. Mind Your Manners
(“Kyle, this is for you!”)
04. Save You
05. Pilate
06. Dissident
(Ed lets the audience know that they were not trying to pull a “Guns & Roses”. They didn’t start at 8 because there was a lot of traffic and people had not been able to get to the venue. On the plus side he notes that there is no curfew and Miami is a late night town.)
07. W.M.A. (full song-not a tag)
(“We wrote this song when were about twenty five. Which is about how old this song is…man, that is crazy. Well, let’s play the shit out of it anyway.”)
08. Even Flow

(Ed thanks the people working for the building and Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat for inviting them over. He says that Jeff got to watch a game but they didn’t get to play basketball. Ed mentions that in a few years they expect the sea level in Miami to reach about the third tier of the arena “but your Governor seems to think he has a solution for that. He really seems to be handling it”. The audience laughs and groans in equal measure.)

09. Infallible
10. Daughter/It's OK-(Cole)

(“that song is by Dead Moon and we would like to play the next song for Fred and Toody and send our love for the drummer Andrew Loomis.”)

11. Sad
12. Down

(earlier in the evening Jeff was pointing out a pair young men that had the words “Tremor” and “Christ” written on their foreheads. Ed points the guys out and says they may have to play their request because even in Miami on Spring Break there is no way those guys are getting laid. He feels worse for the kid with Christ written on his forehead and asks if he has his mom’s number in his phone so he can call her from jail. “if not I will give you Mike’s.”)

13. Tremor Christ
14. Wishlist
15. Jeremy
16. State Of Love And Trust
17. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break One
(Ed introduces the next song by saying that he has sung on a Chan Marshall AKA Cat Power album and she sang on his ‘Ukulele Songs’ album. “love you Chan and this song is an important one)

18. Good Woman-(Chan Marshall) solo Eddie Vedder

(Ed says a friend of his brother was at the last show and commented on how great the fans are. Ed agrees and then says that occasionally you run into some guy who takes his shirt off in public and the camera pans over to show a guy in the pit without a shirt. Ed says, ‘if only I weren’t married…’ Ed mentions that someone gave his wife a check for $10,000 tonight for EB research. He also talks about -Tony who lost his wife Diane 6 weeks ago to breast cancer, she was diagnosed in 2014 and they married the day after her diagnosis. He plays the next song for Tony.)

19. Just Breathe- (Ed and Boom)
(This goes out to an Italian couple, you know who you are)
20. Sleeping By Myself-full band

(Ed talks about Roger Waters doing a lot for veterans and also playing with Roger. He notes that Florida has more veterans than any other state. It is a good place to live but he is disappointed how the government treats veterans. He says that a dollar from every ticket goes to help veterans.)

21. Comfortably Numb-(Waters)
22. Sirens
23. Once
24. Given To Fly
25. Porch

Encore Break Two
(Ed mentions a stage diver like in the old days and the guy actually didn’t get caught. He talks about playing in Miami and Stone getting a guitar stolen. He talks about a guy in a wheel chair that got passed crowd surfing style from the back of the venue all the way to stage during “Rockin’ In The Free World”. That guy ended up being Mark Zupan who was in the documentary “Murderball” He says “I heard that Mark might be here tonight so…start in the back.”

played for the audience behind the stage
26. Soldier Of Love-(Cason, Moon)

(Ed says that last night we had sad news about an old crew member and we realized that we have a guy who has been with us since day one. Since inception… Ed talks about how much Kevin has contributed over the years and that he created this years Deep magazine. The band and audience sing happy birthday and give him a cake. Ed talks about the time they paid Kevin $500 each to cut his hair in a mullet and make him wear it for a week. It was in Canada so no one noticed.)

27. Spin The Black Circle
28. Black
29. Alive
30. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
(Mark Zupan is onstage for this song. Mike solos right in front of Mark and Eddies says it is nice to see him and it has been a long time. Mark is brought to the edge of the stage while band takes final bows.)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thanks John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• Box HopkinsBox Hopkins Posts: 98
    edited April 2016
    Great energy--wonder why so many repeats from the previous night?
    Post edited by Box Hopkins on
  • Repeats? I personally felt that tonight's set had a much different flow and overall tone. Certain songs will inevitably be repeated, but the bedrock of this show was a wholly different beast altogether. We got W.M.A. for Petes sake! If Tampa is to this show what this show was to last night, I'm that much more pumped.
  • cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    Not even close. FtL way better than Miami. A fun night tonight, but FtL has the mojo. He boys put out a great effort tonight, but all things considered, night one was the better show. Highlights: Tremor Christ and comfortably Numb (for me, anyway). Jeremy always delivers, too. Can't wait to hear other opinions, but FTL was way better and I had better seats tonight. Enjoy the tour - see you all in Wrigley!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    Damn thats a setlist i m glad I wasn't at.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,702
    mcgruff10 said:

Soldier of love is killing me
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Dude this set kicks so much ass.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    edited April 2016
    Solid show. Had a great time.
    The energy at the show for the first set was great.
    The start of the second set really sucked the life out of the building. Almost my whole 10C section was chatting during the first 2 songs on the second set. People were not into the acoustic stuff or Sirens.
    Strong finish to the show. Wish there were fewer repeats from last night.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    That's an awesome set
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • TeggyTeggy Lisle, IL Posts: 29
    Man. Looking at the pic from their Twitter, they were going to play Rival. That would have been awesome. I thought the energy from tonight was better. Jeremy was awesome.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    PJ-Cubs said:

The start of the second set really sucked the life out of the building. Almost my whole 10C section was chatting during the first 2 songs on the second set. People were not into the acoustic stuff or Sirens.

That's because they need to put Sirens to rest. Forever.
    Teggy said:

Man. Looking at the pic from their Twitter, they were going to play Rival. That would have been awesome. I thought the energy from tonight was better. Jeremy was awesome.

Teggy said:

Maybe they'll play it at the next show. Tampa.
    severed hand thirteen

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720

PJ-Cubs said:

That's because they need to put Sirens to rest. Forever.
    That would be cool. But it is a good piss break song.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    Great first set. Had the opportunity to be an epic show. Unfortunately set 2 was just okay. Set three was very good. Overall I thought miami was stronger than lauderdale. Both crowds were very good. Thanks South Florida.
  • TeggyTeggy Lisle, IL Posts: 29
    Wish I could stay for the next two. First two were really fun. Back to Chicago sadly. Two great parties
  • curleybarneycurleybarney USA Posts: 156
    Fun night tonight. I was a bit worried that the crowd would be low energy, but as Ed said, Miami is a late night/late start town, and the place really rocked once everyone arrived. I thought the sound in Miami was better than in Ft Lauderdale. Loved WMA, Tremor Christ, Comfortably Numb, and I thought Jeremy was great. 10C reserved seats tonight were higher up that in Ft Lauderdale, but we still had a great view and ended up sitting next ton of the same folks from the Lauderdale show, which was really neat. Sad that my tour is over and I have to fly home tomorrow. Thanks 10C.
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 | Los Angeles, CA 11-23-2013 | Oakland, CA 11-26-2013 | St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014 | Bridge School 10-25-2014 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL 04-08-2016 | Miami, FL 04-09-2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/11/2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/12/2016 | Seattle, WA 08-08-2018 | Seattle, WA 08-10-2018 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-24-2021 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-25-2021 | Ohana 09-26-2021 | Los Angeles, CA 05-06-2022 | Los Angeles, CA 05-07-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-12-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-13-2022 | Austin, TX 09-18-2023 | Austin, TX 09-19-2023 Next: Sacramento, CA 05-13-2024 | Las Vegas, NV 05-16-2024 | Las Vegas, NV 05-18-2024 | Los Angeles, CA 05-21-2024 | Los Angeles, CA 05-22-2024
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    One of the best show i saw in usa
    Great crowd and energy..great setlist..
    I had so.much fun
    Best moment..Loganaton..son of adam aka Black Diamond in the forum was on the arm of a friend and gave him my Greek flag and eddie gave a tampourine..said to pass os to the kid with the Greek flag!!
    Logan was so happy!!!he loved it!!!
    Miami was amazing..fans great..locals even better..they should play more at florida!!

Ps..i saw the setllist..they scratch Rival???
    Omg!!why??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502

Agreed. Why play corduroy night before and open w it the next show 30 min down 95.

Numb was a nice surprise

Infallible is a pace killer
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    The first set was amazing!

I was happy to get Soldier of love.

I can do without Rockin in the free world. Bring back Fuckin up.

Had someone jump on the stage and dive off of it. Crazy! Haven't heard of stagediving at a PJ show in a long time!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    edited April 2016

mcgruff10 said:

It s a cover bud And not that great of one. You re not missing much.
    ( it s no hti!!!)
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    Gremmie03 said:

Agreed. Why play corduroy night before and open w it the next show 30 min down 95.

Numb was a nice surprise

Infallible is a pace killer
    I like Infallible, thought it was the best of Lightning Bolt. These setlists are awesome, this is why I am excited to see them on a tour that is not promoting an album. I am excited for Lexington.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    The stage diving woman was great. Now that was a surprise.

Great for the boy with the Greek flag. And that it was handed back to middle of the pit speaks to beauty of our community. That's not happening at GnR.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

One of the best show i saw in usa
    Great crowd and energy..great setlist..
    I had so.much fun
    Best moment..Loganaton..son of adam aka Black Diamond in the forum was on the arm of a friend and gave him my Greek flag and eddie gave a tampourine..said to pass os to the kid with the Greek flag!!
    Logan was so happy!!!he loved it!!!
    Miami was amazing..fans great..locals even better..they should play more at florida!!

Ps..i saw the setllist..they scratch Rival???
    Omg!!why??

WMA too!

Logan's tambourine from Ed, turned the day from GREAT to EPIC.

And thanks again Adam for being a fabulous host.

So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
    Was that not Dimitrios flag?
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 460
    First set was incredible. Very impressed with the crowd. Energy all around was insane. Never thought I'd say Jeremy was that good, but it was ridiculous tonight. Acoustic set was a big downer tonight. Strong again after they and 2nd encore was solid. Very pleased I made trip from NY for the 2 FLA shows. Until Philly....

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

It s a cover bud And not that great of one. You re not missing much.
    ( it s no hti!!!)
    Haha it's one of my favorite covers. It was last played 6 years ago and I missed it by one show. It was played tonight and I'm going to the next show. Not meant to be I guess. Maybe I'll see if in 6 years lol.
    severed hand thirteen

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Great time - cool people
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Gremmie03 said:

Was that not Dimitrios flag?

Yep...was my flag! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,583
    This setlist is way better than last nights. Things are getting interesting. Cant wait for hampton next week.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,583
    I concur that sirens needs to be retired though. And so does just breathe. Id say the same about sleeping by myself but they rarely play it. Other than that, great looking set.
  • Lifted said:

I concur that sirens needs to be retired though. And so does just breathe. Id say the same about sleeping by myself but they rarely play it. Other than that, great looking set.

If I could pay extra to have this song not played ever again I would if I could afford the price tag.
    It's just so painful to listen to.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me