Options

*** Ft Lauderdale, FL Fanviews Here 4/8/16 ***

13»

Comments

• Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138

HOW DID HELP HELP SOUND? :open_mouth: </blockquote

Absolutely amazing. For me it's what defines this band as one of the greatest live bands ever. I've never really liked that song too much, didn't dislike it, but never gave it much attention. Then to see it live just changes it totally. They killed it. Ed sang the shit out of it and the band was on fire. Just f'n awesome. I loved every second of it.

One other thing I'd like to point out - a lot of people talk about how good the energy from the crowd was. And it was great, special. But what amazes me is the energy the band brings. These past two night have been incredible. The way they come on with the house lights on and just grab their instruments and then just tear into it is incredible to watch. It doesn't get better than this. They seem ageless.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    boomhauer said:

Now that I've had some time to process what went down, here's my thoughts on the night.

Got to thank my friend Kevin for scoring the good spot, other than a couple of knuckle heads showing up with green bracelets for free drinks at the doll house (inside joke for Kevin) we were surrounded by good people & while people with signs can be annoying I tried to respect the view of those behind me when I held it up. They all were great after hearing the story behind it.

The set: loved the fast opening. Then we get GTF & that had me cryin like a baby, all I could think of was a pic of Ty in Md over the holidays with his father, where he's near a lake and has his arms wide open looking to the sky. So symbolic to me personally.

Near end of 1st set, the trump mask made it up on stage, at that point I knew I had a shot of getting the 6 bandannas with Ty's memorial info that was given out at the funeral home attached, was hoping it'd make it to Stone, but he bailed right before I threw it and one of the techs grabbed it and some other stuff that made it up there, thought oh well, it probably ended up in a pile side stage and it won't be seen till after the show.

always enjoy hearing footsteps, porch, alive and black.

Last Kiss had me crying once again, for obvious reasons, was tough to hear that, because it references a car wreck and that's how we lost Ty (and his housemate Chad).

Then it got real. As they come out for the 2nd encore, Ed walks over toward us, I'm about 3-5 deep and there are others holding up flags, etc and he keeps pointing back toward my direction as I'm holding the sign. He takes it and gets on the mic to say they'll do it at the end of the night. At that point I'm in shock. They play the 2nd encore, house lights have been on & then there's some confusion, seems rest of the band was ready for indifference & he holds em up to do Patriot.

Since I was a few people deep from the rail, those up front just cleared a spot for me, which was awesome of them to do.

Ed finished and brings the sign back, and when he hands it to me I thanked him and he handed me a corona. The security people freak out and tried to take it from me, then I realize they didn't want the glass over the wall, so they hand me a plastic cup, and held the bottle until end of show.

They finish up and as were filing toward the exit, guy and his younger son (11 or 12 maybe) approach me & the boy hands me an Ed pick, I said I have a couple already from other shows, but he insisted I take it, (turns out he has gotten Jeffs wristbands, so he just wanted to pay it forward). -- I appreciate that little man.

I call my wife to fill her in on what just happened, and had to hang up on her because Rob from PJ Radio stopped me to ask about the sign, so look out for that in the coming days.

Needless to say it was one emotional night that I won't ever forget. The emotional ups and downs of the night were symbolic of how we raised Ty, our family were regulars at the theme parks and I think it's fitting we're experiencing these feelings, since we all loved roller coasters.

Ty's older sister is in Maryland so she has only been able to see what happened by video, but she was so thankful Ed mentioned Ty before playing Patriot, I told her now she knows why we fans love the band so much.

Thanks to everyone that made this night so special.

having trouble fighting back tears in my cubicle reading this. amazing experience for you to be close to your son through PJ.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FloridiAnneFloridiAnne Posts: 5
    edited April 2016
    Awesome concert!! Loved hearing light years, makes me think of someone lost too soon as with most people I'm sure. Loved hearing Black too, since they didn't play it when we saw them in Dallas last time. My husband got it on his phone (Love him :) and you can see here:
    https://youtu.be/SfHRlRtHVDk

Enjoy.

Thank you PJ
    Post edited by FloridiAnne on
  • Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    bh197798 said:

Hell of a night. When Eddie walked out on stage with that crazed look on his face, it was game on

......."crazed look...game on" ..... sums it up perfect
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    Looks to be a better set than Miami in my opinion.
  • Options
    porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    boomhauer said:

Now that I've had some time to process what went down, here's my thoughts on the night.

Got to thank my friend Kevin for scoring the good spot, other than a couple of knuckle heads showing up with green bracelets for free drinks at the doll house (inside joke for Kevin) we were surrounded by good people & while people with signs can be annoying I tried to respect the view of those behind me when I held it up. They all were great after hearing the story behind it.

The set: loved the fast opening. Then we get GTF & that had me cryin like a baby, all I could think of was a pic of Ty in Md over the holidays with his father, where he's near a lake and has his arms wide open looking to the sky. So symbolic to me personally.

Near end of 1st set, the trump mask made it up on stage, at that point I knew I had a shot of getting the 6 bandannas with Ty's memorial info that was given out at the funeral home attached, was hoping it'd make it to Stone, but he bailed right before I threw it and one of the techs grabbed it and some other stuff that made it up there, thought oh well, it probably ended up in a pile side stage and it won't be seen till after the show.

always enjoy hearing footsteps, porch, alive and black.

Last Kiss had me crying once again, for obvious reasons, was tough to hear that, because it references a car wreck and that's how we lost Ty (and his housemate Chad).

Then it got real. As they come out for the 2nd encore, Ed walks over toward us, I'm about 3-5 deep and there are others holding up flags, etc and he keeps pointing back toward my direction as I'm holding the sign. He takes it and gets on the mic to say they'll do it at the end of the night. At that point I'm in shock. They play the 2nd encore, house lights have been on & then there's some confusion, seems rest of the band was ready for indifference & he holds em up to do Patriot.

Since I was a few people deep from the rail, those up front just cleared a spot for me, which was awesome of them to do.

Ed finished and brings the sign back, and when he hands it to me I thanked him and he handed me a corona. The security people freak out and tried to take it from me, then I realize they didn't want the glass over the wall, so they hand me a plastic cup, and held the bottle until end of show.

They finish up and as were filing toward the exit, guy and his younger son (11 or 12 maybe) approach me & the boy hands me an Ed pick, I said I have a couple already from other shows, but he insisted I take it, (turns out he has gotten Jeffs wristbands, so he just wanted to pay it forward). -- I appreciate that little man.

I call my wife to fill her in on what just happened, and had to hang up on her because Rob from PJ Radio stopped me to ask about the sign, so look out for that in the coming days.

Needless to say it was one emotional night that I won't ever forget. The emotional ups and downs of the night were symbolic of how we raised Ty, our family were regulars at the theme parks and I think it's fitting we're experiencing these feelings, since we all loved roller coasters.

Ty's older sister is in Maryland so she has only been able to see what happened by video, but she was so thankful Ed mentioned Ty before playing Patriot, I told her now she knows why we fans love the band so much.

Thanks to everyone that made this night so special.

What a story. Thank you for Ty's service. So sorry for your loss. So glad you now have this amazing memory.
  • Options
    porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    Okay, this may be more of a thank you than a fanview & while some will applaud this, some will likely judge it too, but I know him well & he was ready…

This was my 29th show, but it was more about who used my other 10 Club ticket for his 1st show.

I’ve been in the 10C for 20+ years. I lost the lottery for another show (that I’d planned to take him to) and won it for GA tix on Opening Night in Ft. L, so how could I not take the little guy who has been begging me to take him to a PJ concert for years.

[[For background, before the fanview…
    * At 3, he sang Betterman, Spin the Black Circle & Lukin in what turned into a popular YouTube video.
    * At 6, he thought the moon overhead followed him & he saw PJ on the beach, from outside the gates at the DeLuna Fest & has been asking ever since when he could see a show with a ticket & that year, he dressed up like ‘Early 90s Eddie for Halloween’ & sang State of Love & Trust.
    * Now, at 9, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact & he’s probably the biggest PJ fan I know, spends hours watching PJ concert DVDs & was totally ready for a PJ concert, so I don’t see how I could have taken anyone but my 9 yr old son James to see his 1st show (inside the gates)]]

As soon as the show was announced, we knew where we were going for Spring Break. Made the drive down from Atlanta with the family. We arrived pretty early to get in the 10c GA line before the gates opened & ended up 2 deep on Mike’s side.

Thank you to John and Leslie who were so kind & helped out in the 10c line.

Thank you to Kathy & Mike who were awesome to talk to before the show & looked out for us during it.

Thank you to Carly for the incredible video footage of James playing Mike’s guitar at the end of Porch.

Thank you to nice tall guy (sorry I missed your name) that motioned to Mike to give a pick to James & for picking it up & giving it to him.

Thank you to all the great, supportive fans around us.

…and of course, thank you to Pearl Jam for delivering yet another amazing show!

Being right in front of Mike was awesome. What an entertainer & having a 9 year old touch the guitar strings during Porch, one of his favorite songs & get a pick was truly a treat.

I’ve never been more exhausted after a show, since I held him or had him on my back most of the time, but it was totally worth it.

After the show, my 9 year old said, “Dad, this was the best night of my life – plus some”

That may say it all. I’m not sure how else I could sum up a review. Thank you all for making this amazing experience possible!
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,612
    This was 16th show. A solid set, as they all are. I like the slow openers, but really enjoyed them playing Go like it is on the album. Very nice start. I got one new Pearl Jam, Swallowed Whole, and two new covers, Surrender and I Am a Patriot. Also, got Help Help, Amongst the Waves, Who You Are, and Yellow Moon for my second time, as well as Last Kiss and Light Years for my second time, and first time since my first show 16 years ago. Patriot and Light Years were both very emotional, with Ed struggling to introduce Light Years clearly still broken up about the loss of their friend, and I think perhaps Patriot reminded Ed of Tomas Young which caused him some sadness. Just my thought. This was the third time in a row I saw them on a tour opener, and none of those shows made me feel like I was missing out or that they weren't in good form. They sounded great and it was a wonderful show!
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    @porch4294 I think that's fantastic! What a great experience to be able to cherish for both of you.
  • Options
    candaceandcocoacandaceandcocoa Portland, ME, USA Posts: 57
    Amazing night!! I had center rail and was moved to tears multiple times throughout the night. Plus... Opening with Go, Mike's Black solo, Ed on the barricade during Porch, I Am A Patriot.... Unforgettable show!!
  • Options
    waveruewaverue Posts: 108
    Seeking help replacing our lost beloved Fort Lauderdale posters....we are so heartbroken. My best friend and I had a mishap with our poster tube on our way through the airport in the wee hours of the night on the way home to Maine after the Tampa show. We have called and filed all the appropriate reports at the airport but do not have much hope. The ocean is my soul food...I do wave photography and when I saw that poster, my heart swelled and spirit lifted... I knew it needed to be in my home. My friend is also the salt of the ocean....a birder and lobster woman....the ocean theme just so strong and sacred for both of us. We have never been into collecting merch, this purchase of the posters that day and the decision to wait in the merch line was purely because it spoke so strongly to us. So unfortunately we do not have anything to trade but of course will pay fair price (including extra for your time waiting in line in the hot sun and all shipping costs!!) and help get posters at future shows (Hampton, Quebec, Fenway) but can't afford or want to support the reselling on eBay for insane prices. Ironically we had bought an extra and we were so excited to hook someone up who also loved it but may have missed out. If you have an extra or know someone who might...please consider us! Hoping some of the wonderful people we have met over the last week l can help us network. This last week was food for the soul on a level I can't even comprehend yet. So grateful.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    Pearl Jam's 2016 U.S.TOUR PREMIERE 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Tune in @ 6pm ET on April 20th on SirusXM @pjradio Channel 22. :)
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    demetrios said:

Pearl Jam's 2016 U.S.TOUR PREMIERE 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Tune in @ 6pm ET on April 20th on SirusXM @pjradio Channel 22. :)

Sweet, can't wait to hear this show. 1 week ago today the gem of a rock show went down.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    waverue said:

Seeking help replacing our lost beloved Fort Lauderdale posters....we are so heartbroken. My best friend and I had a mishap with our poster tube on our way through the airport in the wee hours of the night on the way home to Maine after the Tampa show. We have called and filed all the appropriate reports at the airport but do not have much hope. The ocean is my soul food...I do wave photography and when I saw that poster, my heart swelled and spirit lifted... I knew it needed to be in my home. My friend is also the salt of the ocean....a birder and lobster woman....the ocean theme just so strong and sacred for both of us. We have never been into collecting merch, this purchase of the posters that day and the decision to wait in the merch line was purely because it spoke so strongly to us. So unfortunately we do not have anything to trade but of course will pay fair price (including extra for your time waiting in line in the hot sun and all shipping costs!!) and help get posters at future shows (Hampton, Quebec, Fenway) but can't afford or want to support the reselling on eBay for insane prices. Ironically we had bought an extra and we were so excited to hook someone up who also loved it but may have missed out. If you have an extra or know someone who might...please consider us! Hoping some of the wonderful people we have met over the last week l can help us network. This last week was food for the soul on a level I can't even comprehend yet. So grateful.

Wait till the end of the tour. They will have them on sale again on this site.
  • Options
    WishingWishing Coral Gables, FL Posts: 34
    love it even more now. one week later! HAHA.

I haven't seen any bootleg version do this. Great start to the epic tour.

love what they did with the "Go" intro. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLsCKyOGuVs

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    datfly1 said:
    Awesome work with that sweet camera as always...
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    mrussel1 said:

datfly1 said:
    Awesome work with that sweet camera as always...
    Great video
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Great video....too damn good...haha thanks

It's time the band releases the screen video as DVD or Blu Ray Boots... it's time guys!

Listening to FLL on FLAC-HD and it's amazing!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    myoung321 said:

Great video....too damn good...haha thanks

Datfly is a legend, IMO. He captures some excellent recordings from shows other then PJ as well.
  • Options
    EDDMBEDDMB Posts: 117
    Go opening the show just tore the roof off..awesome moment there , followed by MYM , Corduroy and GTF ..such great energy...crowd was very good , IMO Miami was better though....

Deep was unexpected ..loved it...Surrender intro before Even Flow was a nice tribute for Cheap Trick.. main set was very good , loved hearing Who You Are , what an unexpected surprise..I Am Mine as well..

Evolution was amazing picking the energy back up and Why Go was one of the best songs of the night..place went bonkers during it...

encore 1 was a bit uneven....Yellow Moon I enjoy , and FOOTSTEPS is a fav of mine so I was pumped..Last Kiss I loathe...BLACK is always amazing ..after Black EV did an audible..Mike and Stone changed guitars like 2 times..mad confusion all around... and then..Comatose is played ?? lol..wow what a let down ..followed by... Lightning Bolt ?..very disappointing hearing those 2 during the encore....

Encore 2..Light Years ? I like it but I wasn't looking for it there...Better Man, Alive and Baba O'Riley ..EV then made a long speech and played I'am a Patriot , very nice touch there ...

Indifference is a classic and I love it..Ill take it at the end of every show....

Overall a fantastic night...highlights were many....Go , GTF , DEEP, Nothingman , Who You Are, Why Go , BLACK, Footsteps and of course Indifference.....had a blast...
    1994 - Paramount - NY - 04.17
    1996 - Randalls Island,NY - 09.29
    1998 - MSG - 09.11
    2000 - Forum - Milan ,IT - 06.22
    2000 - Jones Beach,NY - 08.23, 24 & 25
    2003 - Nassau Coliseum,NY - 04.30
    2003 - MSG - 07.08 & 09
    2005 - Spectrum,PA -10.03
    2006 - Continental Arena,NJ - 06.03
    2006 - Olympic - Barcelona,Spain - 09.01
    2008 - MSG -NY,NY - 06.24 & 25
    2009 - Spectrum-Philadelphia,PA- 10.28 & 30
    2010 - Prudential Center,NJ - 05.18
    2010 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.20 & 21
    2011 - Beacon Theater,NYC - 06.22 (EV)
    2012 - M.E.N Arena - Manchester - 06.21
    2012 - Isle Of Wright Festival - England - 06.23
    2013 - Barclays Center , Bklyn NY - 10.18 & 19
    2016 - BB&T - Ft Lauderdale , FL - 04.08
    2016 - American Airlines Arena - Miami ,FL - 04.09
    2016 - Amalie Arena - Tampa ,FL - 04.11
    2016 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.01& 02
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    receive the poster today!!awesome!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,937
    edited July 2016
    Downloaded this boot with my free bootleg coupon..,.wanted to hear Help Help, Patriot, Go with intro amongst others of course. For a tour opener this is a great boot! Seems to be a different sound on these boots!? Drums and bass seem prominent. The boot / band sound really great!

Edit: just realised I don't have light years....hmmmm maybe I didn't download off the computer, have to go back and double check!
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14