Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

2»

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    rgambs said:

As long as it is light on Fetts...
    Boba Fett is the most overrated and overinflated character ever, and D'Jango was little better!

agreed. fett and jabba need to stay away from this movie.
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    All I have to say is that there better be plenty of Bothan spies sacrificing themselves in this movie
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238

All I have to say is that there better be plenty of Bothan spies sacrificing themselves in this movie

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

Hmm, didn't they steal the plans to the second Death Star, not the first?

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    edited April 2016
    rival. said:

Hmm, didn't they steal the plans to the second Death Star, not the first?

Yes. The many Bothans died line is something Mon Mothma says in Return Of The Jedi. The first Death Star plans are stolen by the "rebel spies" mentioned in the Episode IV opening crawl. Which to me as a nerd makes Rogue One extra cool because it's a story we first heard about 40 years ago!

EDIT: Like all things related to Star Wars, the original opening crawl has been changed by Lucas here and there. This I do believe is the original version.

https://youtu.be/UKRIUiyF0N4
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Wow I'm not used to getting corrected in Star Wars trivia. Bravo!
    I'm just gonna head on over to the dark side out of pure embarrassment/bewilderment/rage. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238

Wow I'm not used to getting corrected in Star Wars trivia. Bravo!
    I'm just gonna head on over to the dark side out of pure embarrassment/bewilderment/rage. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out

You are not the first person I've seen mention wanting to see Bothans in this movie.

I'm trying to remember. Did the Bothans actually steal the plans to the second Death Star or did they just get the information about the shield generator, the fact that the Emperor would be there, etc.?

I mean, it wasn't like they really needed to analyze plans to find a weakness. The ginormous gaping holes in the side of the thing were pretty obvious weaknesses, right?

Anyway...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Haha, nice
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    ^^That poster is sweet!

Are the stormtroopers surfing? That would make it even sweeter!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    caught a 12:30 am showing last night. Dug it a lot. Might have to see it again cause i closed my eyes a few times towards the beginning. Went out before and a few a drinks with some friends and we were talking about star wars. there was a movie theater a few miles away that was playing it that late (which i was surprised). Only got like 3 hours of sleep. Last scene was pretty sweet.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC