Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 821
    AceCool said:

demetrios said:

Zod said:

I think it's more like not that many people went to that show (at least not as many 10c'ers as other shows). Vancouver posters have a habit of hanging around the shop for a while. I think it's because Western Canadian shows tend to be more remote. We don't quite get the high amount of 10c'ers as you do at Eastern USA shows where it's easier to travel (due to how many big cities are close together... well close together compared to Western Canada).

Pretty much. But just look at that lineup.

Other then PJ, I don't see anyone else on that list where there's a huge fan base of merchandise collecting. Seriously the posters were available on Friday? Did they even sell out over the weekend? I didn't hear anyone on social media striking out of a poster @ the event. From the images posted on many social media pages, the crowds .. was not your regular PJ crowds.
    I went. It was by no means what so ever an event that otherwise would have appealed to the typical PJ fan. From a merch point of view it was heaven. I strolled right up to the front and bought everything (except, inexplicably, the buttons which there was no sign of and the merch person looked at me like I was speaking Chinese when I asked about them) I wanted on the second day there. Other than that, outside of Noel Gallagher I thought the lineup completely sucked. Then again, I'm not a millenial and I fucking hate urban music and/or DJ rave noise. I was seriously mystified why PJ would agree to play there other than the amazing scenery.
    I agree on all points. Other than PJ, Noel Gallagher, The Killers, Cold War Kids, Mastodon, and the Arkells...the rest was awful. I hated being surrounded by all these EDM people messed up on drugs. I should have just done the Sunday as Noel and PJ were magical. The merch situation was a dream. Shirts were only $30, got all my shopping done by Saturday. I did manage to score a poster & pin on Sunday. Once Release started, I forgot about all the other BS surrounding the festival
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    iammine16 said:

AceCool said:

demetrios said:

Zod said:

I think it's more like not that many people went to that show (at least not as many 10c'ers as other shows). Vancouver posters have a habit of hanging around the shop for a while. I think it's because Western Canadian shows tend to be more remote. We don't quite get the high amount of 10c'ers as you do at Eastern USA shows where it's easier to travel (due to how many big cities are close together... well close together compared to Western Canada).

Other then PJ, I don't see anyone else on that list where there's a huge fan base of merchandise collecting. Seriously the posters were available on Friday? Did they even sell out over the weekend? I didn't hear anyone on social media striking out of a poster @ the event. From the images posted on many social media pages, the crowds .. was not your regular PJ crowds.
    I went. It was by no means what so ever an event that otherwise would have appealed to the typical PJ fan. From a merch point of view it was heaven. I strolled right up to the front and bought everything (except, inexplicably, the buttons which there was no sign of and the merch person looked at me like I was speaking Chinese when I asked about them) I wanted on the second day there. Other than that, outside of Noel Gallagher I thought the lineup completely sucked. Then again, I'm not a millenial and I fucking hate urban music and/or DJ rave noise. I was seriously mystified why PJ would agree to play there other than the amazing scenery.
    I agree on all points. Other than PJ, Noel Gallagher, The Killers, Cold War Kids, Mastodon, and the Arkells...the rest was awful. I hated being surrounded by all these EDM people messed up on drugs. I should have just done the Sunday as Noel and PJ were magical. The merch situation was a dream. Shirts were only $30, got all my shopping done by Saturday. I did manage to score a poster & pin on Sunday. Once Release started, I forgot about all the other BS surrounding the festival
    EDM?
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    Electronic Dance Music
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,425
    Telluride arrived today, good saturday
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    AceCool said:

Electronic Dance Music

Thanks.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,528
    iammine16 said:

AceCool said:

demetrios said:

Zod said:

Wolf Parade was pretty darn good as well! And yeah, best merch experience ever! I heard one kid ask his friend on Friday "What's with all the PJ stuff? I get that the P is for Pemberton, but what is the J?" His friend gave him this look like he was the biggest idiot in the world and muttered "um...Pearl Jam"...My wife and I thought it was hilarious.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,014
    http://pearljam.com/news/0/1/23039/fenway_park_outdoor_merch_schedule

Tuesday, August 2.2016 (12 noon to 7pm) - 2 Outdoor Locations - No Lineup before 8am

Wednesday, August 3.2016: All locations will be closed to accommodate the James Taylor show.

Thursday, August 4.2016: (12 noon to 7pm) - All 3 Outdoor locations - No Lineup before 8am

Friday, August 5.2016: (Show Day 10AM - ???) - All 3 Outdoor locations - No Lineup before 7am

Saturday, August 6.2016: (12 noon to 9pm) - 3 Outdoor locations. - No Lineup before 8am

Sunday, August 7.2016: (Show Day 10AM - till after the show) - All 3 Outdoor locations - No Lineup before 7am

Monday, August 8.2016: August 7th setlist t-shirt to be released on this day. Details to follow on this one.

Poster Art by:
    Ames Bros. http://amesbrosshop.com/
    Kevin Shuss
    Mark 5 http://www.studiomark5.com/
    Steve Thomas http://www.stevethomasart.com/
    Tristan Eaton http://tristaneaton.com/
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    so... Mark 5 is totally going to nail this right?

very interested to se the prints... just need 1 classic from Night 1... NO WHAMMYS!!!!
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 416
    I'm sure the prints will be cool, but I am disappointed that Munk One is not on board. His posters are the best hands down
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,425
    jp307677 said:

I'm sure the prints will be cool, but I am disappointed that Munk One is not on board. His posters are the best hands down

Couldnt agree more!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    EMEK's Telluride poster just arrived from 10club. :)

I'm pretty shocked https://www.emekstudios.com/new_release.html hasn't been updated in weeks.
  • Options
    For those trying for all 5 prints next week, good luck! I wonder if all 5 will be available at each table daily or each day they will only be selling one design.
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,966
    demetrios said:

EMEK's Telluride poster just arrived from 10club. :)

I'm pretty shocked https://www.emekstudios.com/new_release.html hasn't been updated in weeks.

It probably takes him longer to think up the riddle/lucky number than it does to make the art in the first place!
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    which artists for chicago? Klausen, Munk...and?
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Do you think we will see any of the posters before Tuesday?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    Redrumh2o said:

Do you think we will see any of the posters before Tuesday?

probably not, only if 10c releases them
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Air23 said:

Ames and Pendleton
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,655
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    tjk895tjk895 Posts: 237

Air23 said:

Ames and Pendleton
    And Emek.
    2000: St. Louis
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley 1
    2018: Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,354
    Wrigley will hopefully have Klausen, Todd Slater, Munk One, and Ken Taylor/Rhys Cooper will do the posters
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Tiz10Tiz10 South Florida Posts: 270
    demetrios said:

For those trying for all 5 prints next week, good luck! I wonder if all 5 will be available at each table daily or each day they will only be selling one design.

I would hope that they would offer all at the same time as not to exclude anyone.
    August 17th 1998 Indianapolis, IN
    August 18th 2000 Indianapolis, IN
    June 22nd 2003 Indianapolis, IN
    June 11th 2008 West Palm Beach, FL
    June 12th 2008 Tampa, FL
    October 15th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 16th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 3rd 2014 St.Louis, MO
    April 8th 2016 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    April 9th 2016 Miami, FL
    April 11th 2016 Tampa, FL
    August 5th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 1)
    August 7th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 2)
    April 7th 2017 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    5 prints for a 2 night show.... I hope they do a run of 2000 for each print.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,054
    I imagine the runs will be on the bigger side.
  • Options
    rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    Arian Buhler is doing some awesome ones for Guns N' Roses on their tour. Most tie into the area the show is taking place and look very cool. PJ should call him next tour.
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 523

2000 posters for 80000+ concert goers. I think the band will be smarter than that. Maybe add a zero to that.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735
    MK88178 said:

2000 posters for 80000+ concert goers. I think the band will be smarter than that. Maybe add a zero to that.
    I hope you're right!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,655
    edited July 2016
    I'd be happy with a pennant and a sticker. 6 posters is laughable.

I wish they had the tote bag design on a shirt.
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.