Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    So far it looks like Miami gets the edge as the font selection is terrible for the first one.

Saving the best for Quebec.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    I love both prints!
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    That Sperry has me thinking about leaving south beach right now, Nah. Someone grab me 1.
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Sperry + Pearl Jam= must have for me. Just hope I'll be able snag when 10 C drops this at a random time after the tour. His AP drops are virtually impossible to buy, unless you have a Bot. Too many fan boys/flippers follow his work, unfortunately.
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,806
    https://www.facebook.com/ChuckSperryArt/photos/a.1002784176441656.1073741938.227647727288642/1002784323108308/?type=3&theater

www.chucksperry.net
    Pearl Jam, American Airlines Arena, Miami 2016
    19.75 x 35
    5 colors on cream paper
    Artist Edition of 100
    Signed and Numbered

This poster was available in an unsigned show edition at the concert officially through Pearl Jam.

I will be making a very limited online release of this poster in a signed and numbered Artist Edition of 100 on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at a random time on www.chucksperry.net

I am honored to be working with Pearl Jam, one of my generation’s most creative, pioneering rock groups. For their Miami, South Florida appearance, I created a beautiful mermaid in a old school rock poster tattoo style, holding a “PJ” trident in one hand and a mysterious, glowing “impossible shape,” a forth dimensional triangle, to suggest the mystery of nature in the other hand. I hand screen printed this with hand-mixed gold inks, and translucent color layers, for an effect that glows.
  • Options
    http://www.chucksperry.net/2016/04/pearl-jam-miami-poster-by-chuck-sperry/

Poster back shows my inspiration from the Pearl Jam song “Force of Nature”:

• Options
    Back to back home runs to start the 2016 Spring Tour. Any guesses who will be doing Tampa tomorrow night?
  • Options
    hoversmithhoversmith Québec Posts: 30
    Hello,
    I'm in Orlando on a family "Disney" vacation and will be attending tonite's gig in Tampa. So glad to have won the lottery for this as well as Quebec city and Ottawa. (I'm from Quebec and now reside in Québec city). So this Tampa Bay is a total bonus as its timed during my long time ago planned vaccay.
    So where do I go for a chance to grab a PJ 2016 poster to make this memorable?
    Cheers
    1993 - Toronto, CNE (Soundgarden and PJ opened for Uncle Neil Y.)
    1998 - Montréal, Molson Center
    2000 - Montréal, Molson Center
    2005 - Halifax, NS. Metro Centre. (Missed but the Wife got to go while I was at New Orleans Hurricane Katrina relief work)
    2008 - NYC, NY. MSG 1&2 (revenge for missing Halifax in 05 !!)
    2011 - Montréal, QC. Bell Center
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB MTS Center
    2016 - Tampa, FL. Amalie
    2016 - Québec, QC. Centre Vidéotron
    2016 - Ottawa, ON.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Pearl Jam, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    http://artillerydesign.com/

Posters will be on sale at 9 AM Pacific on Tuesday the 12th
    poster is 12" x 26", 6 Colors (orange and the middle blue are metallic)
    signed and numbered out of 200
    $60 plus shipping

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    Don Pendleton Pearl Jam Tampa Poster
    http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.ca/2016/04/don-pendleton-pearl-jam-tampa-poster.html

ARRR, Ahoy Mateys put those sails to the wind so you can catch Pearl Jam in Tampa, Florida tonight at Amalie Arena. One of the treasures you can find there will be this poster by Don Pendleton. Tickets still remain and can be found HERE
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    demetrios said:

Don Pendleton Pearl Jam Tampa Poster
    http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.ca/2016/04/don-pendleton-pearl-jam-tampa-poster.html

ARRR, Ahoy Mateys put those sails to the wind so you can catch Pearl Jam in Tampa, Florida tonight at Amalie Arena. One of the treasures you can find there will be this poster by Don Pendleton. Tickets still remain and can be found HERE

.... and flop....

1st 2 shows in florida knock it out of the park.... and tonight I get this....

at least it is my favorite poster by Don... that however is not saying much.....

no rush to leave the beach today....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,954
    I feel like I shouldn't, but I really like this print. Would definitely buy it if I was there.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,147
    Gotta say I love the numbered stamps on the backs. They say something like "stop the flippers" "official pearl jam poster" or something like that with a tiny number on it.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,961

Gotta say I love the numbered stamps on the backs. They say something like "stop the flippers" "official pearl jam poster" or something like that with a tiny number on it.

The funny thing about that is that the flippers are actually listing the serial numbers on e-bay...so not quite working to defeat the flippers as hoped!
  • Options
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,147

The funny thing about that is that the flippers are actually listing the serial numbers on e-bay...so not quite working to defeat the flippers as hoped!
    Lol nice. Yeah that figures. I guess I shoulda said that what's interesting is they're numbered....
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    demetrios said:

Would love to see a triptych poster set for Toronto done by Miles Tsang. http://www.milestsang.com/shop/

I like Mikes work a lot, but I'm getting disappointed that he does the poster for pretty much every band that comes through Toronto. Would love to see something be Jermaine, Emek, SIT, Slater, obviously Horkey, Welker, etc, someone we up North seldom get a chance to purchase.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited April 2016
    can't wait to get these two up!!!!

photo image_zps3nht041k.jpeg
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    3 Dynamite posters so far, but I like Miami the best
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    That Klausen is so badass... I'm not a fan of the Sperry, probably because of the high bar he has set over the years, plus that just seems like a lot of green... I like the Pendleton, great gig poster with nice colors popping

But that BK is sick, wish I was at the show just for the print
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,923
    As far as the posters so far, I'd rank them...
    1. Miami
    2. Ft. Lauderdale
    3. Tampa

but that's just me. To each their own!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam's Ft. Lauderdale, Flordia poster by Brad Klausen on sale today @ 9AM PT over @ www.artillerydesign.com
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,303
    demetrios said:
    Def gettn one of these...love this print. Cant wait to see the metallics on the blue and orange!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited April 2016
    It's awesome - I love how its not a huge wall hog too. Can't wait to get the S/N framed!!!
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,961
    edited April 2016
    BK AP is now Sold out!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Yep, but keep F5'ing if you're still trying for one. Remember some are still processing their orders & some probably cart hoarding.

First things first, make sure you login first before adding any
    posters to your cart. If you login in first, this guarantees that
    whatever posters you add to your cart will remain in your cart for
    15 minutes. That means once they are in your cart, they will
    stay there until you are ready to check out, so you can continue
    looking around with no immediate hurry to check out. After 15
    minutes any posters that you have in your cart will be put back into
    the inventory.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,468
    Was able to score one, awesome! I never have luck with the S/N sales
    2005 - London