Leave the phone in your pocket 2016 Tour

13»

Comments

• DisgruntledDisgruntled Posts: 235
    Yes!!!!
    You see all the idiots jumping around while trying to "capture the moment" tonight as that guy sang? After the first game?!?!?
    It made me think of this thread
  • DisgruntledDisgruntled Posts: 235
    Periscope?
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    wall232 said:

I thought periscope was pretty awesome during the South American tour. I hope people will be doing it for the shows I can't make it too this tour.

Periscope was amazing for South America. Tons of good quality footage constantly available for most shows. Nothing about it blows.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,743
    The phones can be irritating, for sure. In the days before cell phones I've seen cameras (I look one into Winterland a to see Hendrix), decorated wooden staffs, bongs, thermoses, jugs of wine, guitars (a guy took his guitar into the theater when I saw The Who), Frisbees, and beach balls into shows- and that was the indoor shows. Times have changed.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,597

Periscope?

Hope to see some on https://www.periscope.tv/. And audio live feeds over @ http://mixlr.com/ .

It would be great, I mean really really great .. if Pearl Jam broadcast live a show or two on YouTube or on Nugs. Even put up a show or two on their 24/7 Pearl Jam SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio station. Or yet, a Pay Per View event.
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,531
    Support this 100%
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,597
    For those that Instagram .. on their phones ..

http://blog.instagram.com/post/141905496242/160329-video

We want to bring you fun, flexible and creative ways to create and watch video on Instagram. As part of our continued commitment, you’ll soon have the flexibility to tell your story in up to 60 seconds of video. This is one step of many you’ll see this year.

Longer video on Instagram begins rolling out today and will be available for everyone in the coming months. Multi-clip video is available this week as part of Instagram for iOS version 7.19 in Apple’s App Store.

• mwplummwplum Posts: 1,531
    I also support this for all the people that hold up the flashlight feature on their phones during songs like black or sirens. Whether it's a lighter or a flashlight, it's just as lame as crying out "freebird" in my opinion.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • brianlux said:

The phones can be irritating, for sure. In the days before cell phones I've seen cameras (I look one into Winterland a to see Hendrix), decorated wooden staffs, bongs, thermoses, jugs of wine, guitars (a guy took his guitar into the theater when I saw The Who), Frisbees, and beach balls into shows- and that was the indoor shows. Times have changed.

Seriously! It's crazy to think of all the bitching people do about other people at concerts now compared to the 90's. Bitching about people smoking dope, dancing 'outside' of their space, being on their phones. Welcome to the era of people worried about everyone else but themselves. Concerts are pretty lame now compared to 80s-90s. I can imagine the sheer terror and outrage if some people from today went to a shows 20-30 years ago. Sign of the times I guess. The only issue I have with cell phones at shows is if people in front of me are holding it up recording vids all the time.....in that case ask them to stop, I've done it and have had no issues.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited April 2016

brianlux said:

Seriously! It's crazy to think of all the bitching people do about other people at concerts now compared to the 90's. Bitching about people smoking dope, dancing 'outside' of their space, being on their phones. Welcome to the era of people worried about everyone else but themselves. Concerts are pretty lame now compared to 80s-90s. I can imagine the sheer terror and outrage if some people from today went to a shows 20-30 years ago. Sign of the times I guess. The only issue I have with cell phones at shows is if people in front of me are holding it up recording vids all the time.....in that case ask them to stop, I've done it and have had no issues.
    I have no problem with people smoking dope and/or dancing...

I have a problem with 2,000 toolbags having their screen in front of my face while trying to enjoy a concert
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • my2hands said:

try it out, its amazing... i'm leaving my phone in the hotel/car for every show... no need to update your social media existence for those 3 hours, try to enjoy your real world existence... then feel free to tell everyone about it later on social media

there is no need to film 75% of Jeremy from 40 rows back... there is no need to take blurry pics from half an arena away... there is no need to text your buddy and tell them that they just played your favorite song... seriously, he really doesn't give a shit....

you'll feel weird... you'll reach for it a few times... you may even panic once or twice when its not there... but its ok, everything will be alright, its a cleansing experience... and makes the event that much sweeter in the end

#noscreens

STANDING OVATION!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    brianlux said:

^^^^ these times seem much better than current day.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,845
    I agree 99%. I do take 1-2 pictures per show, if I have a good seats. Other than that I never use my phone during shows, and there is nothing worse than being stuck behind someone filming the majority of the show. It drives me insane.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022, 9/7/2024, 9/9/2024, 9/12/2024
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Friends of mine have actually had people tell them to stop smoking weed at 2 Phish shows. How bad is that?

• I have no problem with people smoking dope and/or dancing...

I have a problem with 2,000 toolbags having their screen in front of my face while trying to enjoy a concert

Which is why if someone has a phone screen constantly in my view of the show I tell them to put that shit down. If someone has a cell phone in their hand down the row from me.....I couldn't care less; that's their business (and the people behind them if it affects their enjoyment of the show, in that case it's not my place to say anything...it's up to them).
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    mwplum said:

I also support this for all the people that hold up the flashlight feature on their phones during songs like black or sirens. Whether it's a lighter or a flashlight, it's just as lame as crying out "freebird" in my opinion.

Oh, poopy pants. :lol: It's a time honoured rock tradition, and once in a while, when the mood is right and everyone is in the moment, it can be pretty impactful.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    PJ_Soul said:

mwplum said:

Oh, poopy pants. :lol: It's a time honoured rock tradition, and once in a while, when the mood is right and everyone is in the moment, it can be pretty impactful.
    LIGHTERS are a time honoured rock tradition, not flashlight features on phones.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

mwplum said:

I was sold at Trieste during Come Back. It was awesome.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Free said:

Friends of mine have actually had people tell them to stop smoking weed at 2 Phish shows. How bad is that?

at a Phish concert? lol
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,192
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

mwplum said:

PJ stat tracker App has a lighter option on it!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,743
    Wma31394 said:

brianlux said:

^^^^ these times seem much better than current day.
    The only problem is, you have to be o-o-o-o-o-l-d to appreciate those times. :lol:

My solution to the whole concert craziness this is to get a balcony seat, especially if you can snag one near a rail. Best seats I've ever had for many a show have been rail balcony. Although I have to admit, second row, near-center assigned seating for The Who and Blue Cheer in '68 was not bad either.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.