Options

FT: Recording of 8/7 Newark for Future Tickets from Senior Member

13»

Comments

• Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,821
    PM if you have any info on the Newark boot...pleaseeeeee?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    Looking for NYC2, or anything else

Thanks
  • Options
    Please e-mail me if you have any info about the NEWARK or NYC1 Shows. I NEED THESE RECORDINGS.. THANKS A MILLION Briantcope26@yahoo.com
    Lolla 07
    Camden 1 /2008
    MSG 1 & 2 /2008
    EV SOLO-- NYC 1 and NJPAC
  • Options
    These solo tour shows have been kept pretty tightly under wraps, as best I can tell.

One show actually made it out from the West Coast tour, and the others all I could find were some mp3s.

I have not seen or heard of any of the east coast shows being available yet...

I do know that the Chicago shows will be taped, so hopefully I can at least use those recordings to get my hands on some other shows. :)
  • Options
    These solo tour shows have been kept pretty tightly under wraps, as best I can tell.

One show actually made it out from the West Coast tour, and the others all I could find were some mp3s.

I have not seen or heard of any of the east coast shows being available yet...

you're right and to be honest i'm not surprised. these aren't like PJ shows. there was a specific announcement saying no taping, which implies no file sharing too.

i'm 100% certain a majority of the east coast tour was taped. will they see the light of day like other PJ aud recordings? who knows.. i think down the road we may see them offered online, but not at this moment in time.

i don't think it's a wise choice for a taper to offer up EV solo shows for people to d/l. it's like flaunting it in eddie's face. "you asked us not to record and share, but we did it anyway! haha, sucker!"

picture this senerio: someone taped the NJPAC show and offers it up for free as a torrent. many people d/l it before it's pulled (b/c it probably would just like youtube videos of the solo tour). sure, most enjoy it and share it freely, but some d/l it with the malicious intent of selling it for profit. they burn a bunch of cds of the recording, slap some fancy packaging on it, and sell it on ebay as a "rare live import." although most here wouldn't buy the cds b/c they can get it for free and "are in the know" many would. hence whomever taped it and offered it online for free has contributed to someone making $$ off PJ that otherwise wouldn't.
    Maui I 98 / Camden II 98 / Jones Beach I,II,III 00 / Camden I,II 00 / Philadelphia 03 / Camden I 03 / Mansfield III 03 / Reading 04 / Montreal 05 / Camden II 06 / East Rutherford I 06 / Camden I 08 / NYC I,II 08
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    TenaciousJ wrote:
    picture this senerio: someone taped the NJPAC show and offers it up for free as a torrent. many people d/l it before it's pulled (b/c it probably would just like youtube videos of the solo tour). sure, most enjoy it and share it freely, but some d/l it with the malicious intent of selling it for profit. they burn a bunch of cds of the recording, slap some fancy packaging on it, and sell it on ebay as a "rare live import." although most here wouldn't buy the cds b/c they can get it for free and "are in the know" many would. hence whomever taped it and offered it online for free has contributed to someone making $$ off PJ that otherwise wouldn't.

Yes, but this scenario was created by a hypocritical taping policy in the first place. So rather than stop here, you should have drawn the conclusion that if Ed had simply kept PJ's taping policy in effect these would be freely shared and traded, thus removing the scarcity, and the incentive for selling the shows.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Yes, but this scenario was created by a hypocritical taping policy in the first place. So rather than stop here, you should have drawn the conclusion that if Ed had simply kept PJ's taping policy in effect these would be freely shared and traded, thus removing the scarcity, and the incentive for selling the shows.

you have no arguments from me on that one. hell, i am of belief that if an artist allows people to offer a recording like this up for free from the beginning, whose gonna buy it illegally? that's another whole discussion. i was just offering up a possible senerio.

since eddie took the time to say No Recording even though PJ's policy allows for taping (sort of) and sharing, you can't go against his wishes. what true diehard PJ fan in good faith could do that?

edit to say: it definitely sucks b/c EVERYONE should be able to hear NJPAC. they'd be better people after one listen :) hopefully it's eddie's intentions to release them at some point.
    Maui I 98 / Camden II 98 / Jones Beach I,II,III 00 / Camden I,II 00 / Philadelphia 03 / Camden I 03 / Mansfield III 03 / Reading 04 / Montreal 05 / Camden II 06 / East Rutherford I 06 / Camden I 08 / NYC I,II 08
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    TenaciousJ wrote:
    since eddie took the time to say No Recording even though PJ's policy allows for taping (sort of) and sharing, you can't go against his wishes. what true diehard PJ fan in good faith could do that?

I certainly could, and may have in Vancouver had my equipment not been broken. Just as Ed taped artists he loved and respected.

And Ed took the time to change the policy, and took the time to have 10C issue threats, but has never decided to take the time to offer an explanation. Strange.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    the truth is Ed is just one strange due, artistic, awesome as well. Only thing we can do as fans is deal with the circumstances, By no means should anyone (especially on these boards) be trying to profit from Ed or any other tapings.

If fate has it, everyone that wants a boot of NJPAC (SICK) or any other solo show may or may not get it. But i most definitly have to agree that if the policy was never changed in the first placed we would all be set and loving ever second right now. Unfortunatly thats not the case. BUT hahah if anyone has a damn clue where i can catch any of these east coast shows please PM me or email me. Especially NJPAC because that shit was amazing. Thank you Ed and 10 clubbers. Loved when he leaned on me for hard sun.
    Lolla 07
    Camden 1 /2008
    MSG 1 & 2 /2008
    EV SOLO-- NYC 1 and NJPAC
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    uhmmmmm bump?
    i hope either this surfaces or it gets released officially!!!
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
This discussion has been closed.