Options

Pearl Jam 2016 tour merch

Comments

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I think it's because they'd need to issue membership cards or something, and the cost of doing that Would probably be an issue. There's no way they could make them affordably without them being simple to forge, and the cost of membership itself wouldn't really deter the flippers. One guy spends $100 on 5 memberships, has five guys in line, five more 10 people back, first five passes card to next 5 on the way out.

They COULD theoretically do something where you can buy stuff when you pick up your tickets. Like a will call/merch stand, but for us in big markets it would suck since 10c are almost impossible to get. I'm doing 3 shows & I've got zero 10c tickets.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331

Why isn't there a 10C line that is a privilege line at these merchandise spots?

Just like at the airport or fast passes at Disneyland?

Why shouldn't 10C members have some level of priority for merchandise over the scrubby dubs?

I'm not sure the ten club is organized enough to identify fan club members (in the field). I remember at the Seattle '13 pop-up they said it was for fan members only (and gave instructions where to print out the fan club card). We saw one dude who printed out 20 copies and was giving them to all the people at the front of the line. It wasn't a good way to identify members (it ended up being moot because 10c never checked).

I'd really like to see them move it online. I think I've read comments that it's not feasible to do it all online, but there must be thousands of hours being wasted by making people lineup every day :( I'm not sure how to get Wrigley merch when I go. I don't think I can talk anyone into spending all day waiting in line, and we've got GA so we probably won't want to stop at a booth inside while we proceed to the floor.....
  • Options
    DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    New Orleans stickers and event shirts (smaller sizes) still avail in club store...
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    foedigs23foedigs23 Posts: 18
    anyone wanna pick up an extra MSG night 2 sticker for me??? was at night one but this sticker is so much better! can paypal you the money!! thanks guys
  • Options
    Zod said:

Why isn't there a 10C line that is a privilege line at these merchandise spots?

Just like at the airport or fast passes at Disneyland?

Why shouldn't 10C members have some level of priority for merchandise over the scrubby dubs?

I'm not sure the ten club is organized enough to identify fan club members (in the field). I remember at the Seattle '13 pop-up they said it was for fan members only (and gave instructions where to print out the fan club card). We saw one dude who printed out 20 copies and was giving them to all the people at the front of the line. It wasn't a good way to identify members (it ended up being moot because 10c never checked).

I'd really like to see them move it online. I think I've read comments that it's not feasible to do it all online, but there must be thousands of hours being wasted by making people lineup every day :( I'm not sure how to get Wrigley merch when I go. I don't think I can talk anyone into spending all day waiting in line, and we've got GA so we probably won't want to stop at a booth inside while we proceed to the floor.....
    I honestly think everyone who buys/collects would prefer this. Posters are already available online but it can be tricky to get the popular ones. The stickers from NOLA are being sold online but the shipping is $6. The regular $1 stickers in the shop ship for free. That discrepancy bugs me a little, BUT if they were going to sell the whole tour's stickers I would have no problem paying the $6 shipping if it meant not waiting in line all day.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    JK18472JK18472 Posts: 153
    Is there a Merch truck outside at MSG?
    Where is the best place to get an event shirt and sticker inside or outside? I will probably get to the venue around 6:30. Any help is greatly appreciated based on last nights show. Thanks again. Jon
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,097
  • Options
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    JK18472 said:

Where is the best place to get an event shirt and sticker inside or outside? I will probably get to the venue around 6:30. Any help is greatly appreciated based on last nights show. Thanks again. Jon

There is no merch truck, there are merch stands inside the Garden. There are several in the Atrium on the first level. You have to go through Security but don't need to show your ticket yet so you can make a purchase and leave and come back later. Inside there are a few more merch stalls on the 100 and 200 levels (not sure if there are any in the upper levels). If something you want is sold out in one place, check the other locations because they might still have the items you're looking for. This is really inconvenient because you can end up waiting on several lines. If you're not looking for a specific shirt, you won't have a problem getting one because they have several kinds available.

I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    JK18472 said:

All the event specific stuff sold out outside hours ago. Get in when the doors open. Walk around to the other side of the 100 level entrance or go to the 200 level. Should be able to get whatever you want.
  • Options
    PearlybakerPearlybaker Posts: 207
    They had like 10 show specific shirts at the merch booths inside when doors opened. Rough.
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • Options
    sheehand901sheehand901 Posts: 27
    Can anyone help a PJ fan who can't be at the show tonight? Really like that poster! If someone picks up an extra I will take it off of your hands. I am good for the cash.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,220
    Was behind 2 ppl when posters sold out 200 level. Do they ever magically show up with more later in the show?

Got stickers though thankfully, tonight's are pretty cool. What was the MSG specific shirt?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,004
    Didnt leave our hotel until after 7pm tonight and was shocked I was able to get show pins and stickers still. Yesterday show pins were sold out 5 minutes after they opened the gates and I missed out. Go figure.
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691

Was behind 2 ppl when posters sold out 200 level. Do they ever magically show up with more later in the show?

Got stickers though thankfully, tonight's are pretty cool. What was the MSG specific shirt?

You an thank people like @mkasewitch that bought 4 posters tonight lol
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    peterwhughespeterwhughes NH Posts: 153
    Missed out on the poster tonight. Anyone selling an extra I'll gladly PayPal plus shipping. Thanks.
  • Options
    PeTaLuMaPeTaLuMa New Jersey Posts: 54
    I don't collect the posters, so never wait in the merch lines. Wanted to get one of the key chains, but the lines were so long, I thought I'd be able to buy one on line through Ten Club. I see that isn't possible. Do they ever sell anything after the tour is over?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    PeTaLuMa said:

I don't collect the posters, so never wait in the merch lines. Wanted to get one of the key chains, but the lines were so long, I thought I'd be able to buy one on line through Ten Club. I see that isn't possible. Do they ever sell anything after the tour is over?

Sometimes...
    They've sold some of the Hats / Scarves & Hoodies in the shop!!
    Don't think I've ever seen any of the city specific merch sold here though!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    We should get posters too!!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Sarava said:

Didnt leave our hotel until after 7pm tonight and was shocked I was able to get show pins and stickers still. Yesterday show pins were sold out 5 minutes after they opened the gates and I missed out. Go figure.

YOU GOT PINS AFTER 7!?!?!
    I mean I'm set, I made a trade with an awesome board member, but jeez. I am shocked cuz they been selling out quick. Must've been a bag that got misplaced and found later.
  • Options
    realisthisrealisthis Posts: 136
    Snagged the last 2 stickers after the show!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    derbydave said:

PeTaLuMa said:

Sometimes...
    Except for EV tour stuff.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

derbydave said:

PeTaLuMa said:

Sometimes...
    Except for EV tour stuff.
    Good Call Kevin...
    TONS of EV tour stuff has been sold in the shop!! :plus_one:

• Options
    Anyone lined up yet? There won't be big red waiting outside the arena but a tent will be set up for all 4 Canadian shows.
  • Options
    Just got here. There's 20 something in front of me. 10 or so behind me.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    demetrios said:

Anyone lined up yet? There won't be big red waiting outside the arena but a tent will be set up for all 4 Canadian shows.

What color is the tent? Lol
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    Just remember as you contemplate waiting in long lines for merch you might not get, don't love something that doesn't love you back.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    sweet hockey sweater today
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,867

sweet hockey sweater today

oh man, gotta see a pic of this. Was afraid they were going to have one in Ottawa that I might have to get.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 369
    Well as a hockey player I must have this jersey....like must. Can anyone there help me out? I can paypal immediately or trade a ton of stuff. Including a PJ Red Wings jersey.