Man buns, beards and all things hairy

I thought the man bun was over but after being in NYC yesterday I see it's alive and well. Lots of em walking the streets! I'm for it; if it fits the guy obviously. I mean look at Hoozier...now thats a nice man bun! But there were a lot that looked just not right.
I also saw some great braids, a few twists and of course a ponytail or two.
How do you all wear your hair? What do you like on guys and ladies? Long, short, up down, blonde brunette, redhead or bright colors, blue, green rainbow? Curious because I think I could grab a bench and people watch just for hairstyles.
Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Oh this should be a good (and funny) thread, Sprunk.

Yesterday I saw a dude with short pigtails. Mantails?

I'm generally not a fan of manbuns but have seen some who can and do pull it off, like the dude from Deeelite.

Guess I like whatever suits the person and doesn't seem forced. Shaved head, Cobain-ish hair, balding, 'fro, dreds.

(no to the Don King look though!)

I wear mine longish, red and wavy/curly.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I am no fan of the man bun....it makes me physically ill....and I don't mind beards...prefer them shorter....goatee esque....but just don't do the glitter thing....that was a gross and disgusting trend that never should have been started. I like long hair on a guy if it suits them...I also like bald....my hubs shaves his head every few months... or rather I shave it for him. I, as you can see in my new pic am back to a pink inspired pixie....I love it...I missed my blonde punk pixie. My head is actually partially shaved....or buzzed rather....I get bored easily with my hair though and change it on the regular...I do it all myself though I haven't had a professional touch my head in almost 7 years....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    edited March 2016
    PJSiren said:

I do it all myself though I haven't had a professional touch my head in almost 7 years....

:giggle:
    Goddamn my immature mind.

Glitter? Like the glittery pits thing or glittery goatee?

*edit - I HATE GLITTER IN ANY AND ALL FORMS.

I like beards (and the beardless).

Funny, I've got My Cat From Hell on right now and am fully digging on Jackson's 'burns and beard look.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    My hair is too thin to wear long, but I keep a 2 to 4 inch beard.

Glitter is the devil.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    ^^^our resident bearded dragon =)

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Glitter in hair...hells no Reminds me of a sort story tho. A woman was running around all morning dropping her kids off at school and grocery shopping. She was sweating a little and she had a gyno yearly so ran home to do a quick wipe down before the appt. She was running late so went to her kids downstairs bathroom and grabbed the washcloth by the sink. When she was on the table her dr went to go do his exam and said "well, you didn't have to get all dressed up for me!" She ignored it and thought nothing of the comment. When she got home and started cleaning up the house she went to put all the towels from the bathroom in the laundry and saw her daughter had glitter all over the counter and sink. lol,,,well hello doc!! hahaha...

I also once told the Mr. I liked redheads. Total mistake. Every time a nice looking ginger walks by I get the stink eye...lol.
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Sprunkn ^^^^^ :rofl:
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    I have long hair. For my job, I need to pull it back and I will NOT be pony tail guy. I've been wearing a manbun for years. Long before it became a trend or had a ridiculous name like "manbun". I walk into the hipster neighborhoods ('cuz they have the best coffee shops and record stores), see all these f'n hipsters with their manbuns and think I have to cut my hair. I don't want to be mistaken for a d-bag.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Some people can pull of certain looks, some people can't (no one, however, can pull off glitter pits). Most manbuns are part of the trend (remember faux hawks?). Some guys can rock it; some just look as if they are trying too hard. Beards, clean-shaven, manbuns, bald, or anywhere in between--it really is what suits the individual.
    ELITIST FUK
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    If a guy can rock it, go for it. Not a huge fan of red hair on guys...Josh homme is the exception.
    Long hair is the preference.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Hell yeah, RK. I'll give Louis CK and Damian Lewis a break too.

Hobbes? You'll never be mistaken for that :hug:
    Hahaha. SD, we are so alike it's ricocockulous.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    PJSiren said:

I am no fan of the man bun....it makes me physically ill....

You're not supposed to eat them!!!
  • I don't think this would hurt his campaign with this look. In fact it just may help him.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    rollings said:

PJSiren said:

I am no fan of the man bun....it makes me physically ill....

You're not supposed to eat them!!!
    :rofl:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,123
    edited March 2016
    I shave my head with the cliipers at setting 1 (basically down to a stubble). I let it grow until it gets to be a whafro or until my wife can't stand it anymore. I grew a goatee in college and liked it enough that I kept it. It's been 10 years since my chin and upper lip have seen the sunlight. I trim it every few weeks or, again, when my wife thinks it's to shabby looking. I pretty much got married so I would have someone tell me when I need to groom myself :lol:
    Post edited by markymark550 on
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    man buns... no one looks good in a man bun.. NO ONE!
    beards... yep
    stubble... yep
    most partial to dark hair and red hair.
    dont mind a bit of length of hair on guys but not sure I could deal with being with a guy whose hair is longer than mine.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

I shave my head with the cliipers at setting 1 (basically down to a stubble). I let it grow until it gets to be a whafro or until my wife can't stand it anymore. I grew a goatee in college and liked it enough that I kept it. It's been 10 years since my chin and upper lip have seen the sunlight. I trim it every few weeks or, again, when my wife thinks it's to shabby looking. I pretty much got married so I would have someone tell me when I need to groom myself :lol:

Lmao....Jason is that you?

I kid I kid, but that does sound just like my hubs!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!

This rocks in its entirety but especially whafro.

cate! Really? I'd be quite into that.
    hedonist said:

the longer hair than me thing???

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

hedonist said:

Oh me oh my yes! Those who can pull it off, I say do it.

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Oh me oh my yes! Those who can pull it off, I say do it.

that dude is not pulling that look off. lol.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Therein lies how the beholder's eyes take in beauty.
    hedonist said:

true. :)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    close cut and shaved.....hahahhaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,123
    PJSiren said:

Lmao....Jason is that you?

I kid I kid, but that does sound just like my hubs!
    Haha. For people with unmanageable hair, I would think this is the only way to go.
    hedonist said:

Like I said before, it can be unmanageable, but at times it can be a thing of beauty :lol:
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Ant used to have shaved sides and a long Mohawk middle that looked great pulled back. I cut it for him for years. Then he grew it all out and now after he gets pretty shaggy he goes and gets an old fashion boy cut with a part on the side. Never see it anyway, the man lives in hats now.
    Never even dated a guy with beard or stach, so I guess I'm not a big fan. Goatees tho I dig.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:

:bow:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810

man buns... no one looks good in a man bun.. NO ONE!
    beards... yep
    stubble... yep
    most partial to dark hair and red hair.
    dont mind a bit of length of hair on guys but not sure I could deal with being with a guy whose hair is longer than mine.

:lol: yes!
    hedonist said:

:rofl: yes!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I'm 38, almost 39, and have been bald since the age of 22. I had the donut first and in the last 3-4 years the rest of the top has been thinning out a good bit. I shave my head using a #1 guard once every 4-6 weeks and have been doing so since the baldness began.
    I pretty much keep a beard year round but I trim it often using a #2 guard. I shave my neck with a blade roughly twice a week, and on the third shave, I'll trim the beard up. I keep it just below my chin line. I tried one time to let my beard grow out; made it 6 weeks and just couldn't stand it anymore. Actually couldn't stand it around the 4 week mark but tried to keep it going.