Is it time to hit Stubhub?

2»

Comments

• shermsherm Posts: 708
    edited March 2016
    In 2013, I was able to grab tix for Dallas and OKC pretty much at the last minute for less than face value on Stubhub. I use Stubhub quite a bit. In my opinion, the MSG, Wrigley, and Fenway shows you should pretty much grab as soon as you see a price you are comfortable with. The rest of the tour, except for maybe the first 2 shows which seem to be in demand right now, I would just wait it out. It's a gamble for sure though.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    RE4790 said:

Some things to consider:

1.) MSG is a harder ticket than most, with lots of fakes and dupes floating around
    2.) Ticket drops for NYC usually get eaten by scalping bots
    3.) Fake tickets appear on reseller sites, including stubhub. there are horror stories from the EV NYC shows a few years back
    4.) Ticketsnow is Ticketmaster, so if it's got that like gold star by ticket, at least you know it's good
    5.) Waiting to the last second is not some pearl jam board secret and there are probably at least a few hundred people on here alone looking to do just that

If you see seats you want at price you are willing to pay, I would go for it. You don't want to be kicking yourself night of the show because you didn't get the seats you wanted.

But if you buy thru stubhub, get there early... If it doesn't scan they have a location near the venue to help you in that situation.

I'd wait til day of show
    Prices come down

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    MSG has always been a tough ticket. With fewer East coast shows this time around, I don't expect ticket prices to drop much if at all. Right now a decent seat in front of the stage is about $250 and I am very close to pulling the trigger for night 1. I agree with the others that say if you find the right price go for it. Nothing worse than being outside the venue without a ticket.
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801
    True, but it's not like they can kick the person out of the seat if you end with a bad ticket or one that has already been scanned. And if there are enough fakes or dupes, all they can really do is offer refunds, which is what I recall happening for the Ed solos shows there a few years back. I am personally more comfortable with ticketsnow because they are Ticketmaster and thus cancel the original ticket so you know it's not being sold to several people at once.

But I wasn't trying to disparage stubhub or dissuade people from buying there or waiting until the day of the show. I was pointing out that it might be better for some people to go ahead and pay more now if they are comfortable spending the money and/or have a strong feeling about sitting in a particular area of the venue. I agree that history suggests secondary market tickets will be cheaper closer to the show, but in the past options have been more limited the as the date approaches, so it's a balancing act that not everyone will want to play and like the poster above, I'd bet that for MSG, Wrigley, and Fenway there are gonna be hundreds if not thousands of fans trying to snipe those last second tickets that you will have to compete with. Good luck to all still trying to line up MSG tickets. They are gonna be amazing shows.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    Hey everyone needs to do what they are comfortable with. If buying now will help ease anxiety then do what you have to do.

But don't be discouraged with inventory going down, tickets will be added closer to venue as some people can't make it

Not everyone who lists is a vulture, some people are not greedy bastards and list for a small mark up.... Those go quick

So keep monitoring

Good luck everyone, just hate to know people freak out & add to the outrageous range in price

Wings for $ 2k-$3k?? No band is remotely worth that
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Patience
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810

The time is not yet right for stubhub. I'm holding on. For now.

And yes, I'm on the board several times a day, hoping to stumble upon tickets for MSG1, but I'm looking for a pair and they currently seem as rare as a snowball in hell, packed with hen's teeth, in the bowl of the Grail.

:rofl:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    singles are definitely easier than pairs... pairs I would grab if I saw a decent price... single's I would wait it out
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Posts: 1,597
    getting closer and still no tickets...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    if you want quality better scoop them up. not many good quality out there. and i'm not talking 18 to 25 rows up in the stands. if you don't care wait but i have seen for most in demand pearl jam shows night of outside venue no drop in price whatsoever . over and above just to get in bad seats. but every time is different.
This discussion has been closed.