I'm done

2»

Comments

• PJFan...

Copy and paste the following in this thread:

Hey... I'm sorry for being insensitive. I thought this was the MT and as such, was in badger mode. I needed to come on here with my AET mindset and either say nothing or offer some words of encouragement or support.

I'm not a bad guy and I'm hoping this apology will suffice. Good luck with your situation (and don't forget to vote for Trump!).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJFan...

Hey... I'm sorry for being insensitive. I thought this was the MT and as such, was in badger mode. I needed to come on here with my AET mindset and either say nothing or offer some words of encouragement or support.

I'm not a bad guy and I'm hoping this apology will suffice. Good luck with your situation (and don't forget to vote for Trump!).

No.
    If ever you know someone who is doing self harm or who is dealing with a person who is doing that you have a duty to tell them to call 911 or get professional help.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

PJFan...

No.
    If ever you know someone who is doing self harm or who is dealing with a person who is doing that you have a duty to tell them to call 911 or get professional help.
    She IS getting it. She's not an idiot and is also reaching out beyond the professional side of things.

Let this one go already, for fuck's sake.

I don't know if you actually ARE an asshole but you're acting like an utter one here.
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    What is her story? What happened to her before this crisis?
    What is a normal day/week for you and your family?
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I fail to see what pjfanwillneverleave actually said wrong in this thread. wow. he/she looks to me like the one getting shit on. wow again.

pjsiren, i remember your boyfriend drenching her with water once before and again during this incident. I can only imagine that action aggravating and alienating and not at all helping or understanding.

she is acting out for some reason as far as I can see. and as others said, it is way more deep-rooted than her current actions account for.

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    He's telling me that I shouldn't be here asking for support and should just go get her help, which we are...he's not getting the point that I'm not here for her I'm here for me....I'm here for support from friends for myself....

He's my husband not my boyfriend and yes he pointed a cup of water on her once before when she wasn't doing what she was told and laying in bed instead....

Pjfan told me that prayers and good thoughts don't work...because he doesn't believe in them...well thanks for shitting your negative beliefs on me....but I believe that prayers and thoughts do help and aside from professional help my family needs that....

I am well aware he problems are more deep rooted I don't need to be told that.....I live with her every day!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I'll never get someone being an asshole beyond the five-second (one, maybe two-time) rule. There is NO reason to be a dick to someone, over and over and unnecessarily.

Honestly, fuck that and fuck anyone who does that.

Someone's down and reaching out? DON'T KICK THEM.

PJS, you do what you need to - and it sounds like you are.

Don't let others bring you down. Love and support from many here.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Agree with Hedo, PJS. Do whatever you need to do. PM me if you'd like, PM any of the many people who are out there supporting you. Ignore the troll who pulls this crap in just about every thread he posts in.

People are here for you! Sending positive thoughts your way and yes, dammit, that can help.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    Haven't followed all of this real closely PJSiren but two things I can say here for sure: you have friends here who care and want to show support and you have one person here who... but wait, we don't need to go there. Just focus on the good folks (and boy, are there some really cool good people here, I know!) who are sending out good thoughts for you.

Good thoughts going out for you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,124
    No advice to share. I hope the counselling and therapy works. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
  • PJFan...

No.
    Well duh.

Maybe I didn't read well enough, but it seems as if there are solid steps in place to try and help the situation.

Logistics aside... sometimes you just need to be an empathetic listener. And if you can't fulfill that burden... just say nothing.
  • its never too late for repair...
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited March 2016

its never too late for repair...

Never.

I was going to suggest (because this would be how I roll)... mom taking day from work... grabbing daughter from school... going somewhere for lunch... and getting the dialogue started.

"Tell me how things have gotten to here?"
    "These are the things that concern me."
    "These things concern me because..."
    "When you do these things... I feel as if..."
    "Tell me what I've done to push you to this spot"
    "How can I help you?"
    "How can we move forward from here where my concerns are addressed and you are still given some latitude to grow into the beautiful woman you deserve to grow into?"

Etc.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    I'm sorry this took a wicked turn. You don't owe anyone an explanation.

I misunderstood the purpose of your post. My apologies.

Ya know PJS. You have not been given anything you cannot handle. However, if the "load" is heavy, you know who to go to. He will carry it for you.

You can get through this. You just have to out smart her. Ohhh and trust me you will! Just get creative and if she resists counseling or all of this professional help that everyone keeps spewing all over - it may be time to turn her world upside down.

I know it's easy for me to say as I'm on the outside looking in but you can and will get through this.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    edited March 2016
    Off duty licensed therapist and former social worker here - worked with kids/teens for a decade before changing to working with college students exclusively. I've seen the issues PJSiren has been sharing with us first hand and in counseling sessions - I don't think she wants anyone to solve her problems for her, it's always appeared to me that she just needs a place to vent outside of her family and friends. While I'm concerned about what's been shared and do agree that professional help is the best route, nobody has the right to tell her where she can let off some steam about all of what she's going through. I think it's a common, and human thing for some folks to react intensely to intense things that are shared. I also see people move themselves into a frame of mind where when someone shares intense things, they feel like they need to be helpful and advise someone when really all that person needs is to be heard. Being heard takes the edge off.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

RKCNDY said:

You dumped a very heavy problem asking for answers.
    Professional help is the path you should take.
    Do her a favour and start immediately.

Perhaps the type of 'help' she is seeking is a place to vent or just to chat with people...to know she is not alone in the difficult world of raising a child.
    It's not that hard to comprehend.
    The OP talks of a person who has done self harm.
    Get help immediately or call 911. Getting "advice" from a chatroom may do more harm than good.
    Especially if people tell the OP to pray it all away.
    Don't you ever know when to shut up?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    PJSiren, I'm sorry your call for support took such a turn. You do have a lot of good people here pulling for you. I also hope you take good care of yourself while also caring for your daughter. It's emotionally draining to deal with a troubled child. Be kind to yourself. Get the rest you need. Continue to find things to do that you enjoy. I know when I was going through my own turbulent times I kept reminding myself that nothing in life is permanent. This will pass, your daughter will change as she grows, your family will see better times. Again, sorry some people are toxic. You didn't need that.
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,008
    Under review. Please see the Posting Guidelines. http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
This discussion has been closed.