Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    inmyNC said:

I'm undecided ... Last election I wrote in Ron Paul. This election I'm on the fence. I look at Hillary Clinton and have dug to find her legislative proposals , looked for her successes in foreign policies, searched for something that showed she hasn't spent the last years warming a cozy leather desk chair. I haven't found anything that that can be deemed impressive. She seemed to sit idly by as GW Bush pulled the nation into war and sent our nations debt out of control. Bush isn't the only pres to hold blame for that. On a personal note I am struggling to find a reason to support her. I will not cast a vote for someone just so another candidate has less of chance. Then there's Trump. Brash ,arrogant, and certainly has bullying persona. Has he been racist? Well from what I've seen and listened to he certainly has danced on that fence. If you think he is a racist, and he wins the election , do you think he can actually take away rights away of those he has been racist towards? I would think not. Politically speaking he seems to very different then Republicans. He doesn't bring religion into his politics. He talks about hitting big outsourcing companies with tax fines. In my opinion this is good. Something neither republicans or democrats have failed to really address. Immigration is tough point. There are immigration laws in this country but they seem to get sidetracked when enforcing them. I believe anyone has the right to be a citizen of this country. We are the melting pot. This makes us a great country but there are procedures to becoming a citizen that are disregarded. Yes Trump is over the top with his speeches. Many of his personal views are no where close to mine. I personally don't care what his personal views are. I care if he can make a change. With Hillary I don't see change. With Sanders I see some good ideas but no chance of him taking the democratic lead. With Trump I see a viscious struggle but maybe ,just maybe with Trump we may be witness to a stronger third party uprising. Green party, Libertarians? There needs to be more choices and directions. Still on the fence!

Trump panders to racists and insecure. Your on the fence about racism and divisiveness? Really?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2016
    ^^^
    Ignore the above comment inmyNC.
    You are voting how you feel.
    You made a lot of very good points.

He doesn't bring religion into his politics. He talks about hitting big outsourcing companies with tax fines
    With Hillary I don't see change. With Sanders I see some good ideas but no chance of him taking the democratic lead
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Just another bump in the road on the way to POTUS http://www.wsj.com/articles/judge-orders-release-of-documents-in-trump-university-lawsuit-1464489802
    “I have a judge who is a hater of Donald Trump, a hater. He’s a hater. His name is Gonzalo Curiel,” Mr. Trump said Friday, as the crowd of several thousand booed. “He is not doing the right thing. And I figure, what the hell? Why not talk about it for two minutes?”

Yes of course. Nothing says 'presidential' than taking some time to criticize a federal judge hearing a case about something in which you have keen interest. And nothing says, 'tolerant' like pointing out that he's Mexican. I wonder why Trump didn't point out that he went to two Ivy League schools, was born in Chicago in the 50's or all sorts of other characteristics. No... he just pointed out that he was probably Mexican.

“What happens is the judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great. I think that’s fine,” Mr. Trump said.
    Nothing racist about that, just ask BS lol
    I'll let this diverse group of Trump supporters speak to that...

https://youtu.be/v56x9xsRJQI

https://youtu.be/kd_4jx8wB24

Strange though...it looks like the protestors could be the racist ones.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    CH156378 said:

I wonder if Trump celebrates Memorial Day or if he prefers Veterans that don't die.

He spoke at the Rolling Thunder memorial event today. You can watch the whole thing if you're interested in his thoughts about veterans

https://youtu.be/MoeC0po96rE
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Trump wants to spend trillions on war machine and killing Evildoers. Says our military's been decimated.

Horse shit.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    We have the absolute best military in the world. My brother, a disabled vet from the first gulf war, gets great care from V.A. Obviously we should be working on making sure we do all we can for our veterans. Glad Trump decided to put up that Million he promised.
  • Options
    I used to like when Trump talked shit to the republican donors when they booed him at debates. Is he still self funding?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    CH156378 said:

I used to like when Trump talked shit to the republican donors when they booed him at debates. Is he still self funding?

Nope
    Just had a $25,000 per plate dinner
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I like this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3615240/So-self-funded-campaign-Billionaire-Donald-Trump-not-money-support-presidential-run-summer-without-RNC-help-new-report-claims.html

Asked by the AP if he sees a contradiction in asking for money after repeatedly saying he stood above the other candidates because he didn't, Trump said, 'No, because I'm raising money for the party. And if I didn't do it this way, I wouldn't be able to raise money for the party.'

he has expressed a reluctance to sell buildings or other assets to pay for a costly general election.
    'It would be foolish for him to unilaterally disarm against Hillary Clinton,' said Roger Stone, Trump's friend and informal political adviser, when asked about why Trump decided to take donations

'People are anxiously waiting to help him, and they haven't had the opportunity because of his self-funding

• Options
    Does anyone know how much Donald Trump has donated to Bill and Hillary Clinton campaigns over the years?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,677
    BS44325 said:

CH156378 said:

I wonder if Trump celebrates Memorial Day or if he prefers Veterans that don't die.

He spoke at the Rolling Thunder memorial event today. You can watch the whole thing if you're interested in his thoughts about veterans

https://youtu.be/MoeC0po96rE
    You understand this was a dig at his McCain comment from last summer, right?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    So Donald Trump begrudgingly gives a million to our veterans when he is running for president happily gives millions to liberal politicians when he isn't.
    Post edited by CH156378 on
  • Options
    I wonder if Donald Trump addressed all those wedding invitations:
    To Crooked Hillary.

I can't believe Hillary would attend those events. Probably just a Thank You for all the campaign contributions.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,594
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Just another bump in the road on the way to POTUS http://www.wsj.com/articles/judge-orders-release-of-documents-in-trump-university-lawsuit-1464489802
    “I have a judge who is a hater of Donald Trump, a hater. He’s a hater. His name is Gonzalo Curiel,” Mr. Trump said Friday, as the crowd of several thousand booed. “He is not doing the right thing. And I figure, what the hell? Why not talk about it for two minutes?”

Yes of course. Nothing says 'presidential' than taking some time to criticize a federal judge hearing a case about something in which you have keen interest. And nothing says, 'tolerant' like pointing out that he's Mexican. I wonder why Trump didn't point out that he went to two Ivy League schools, was born in Chicago in the 50's or all sorts of other characteristics. No... he just pointed out that he was probably Mexican.

“What happens is the judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great. I think that’s fine,” Mr. Trump said.
    Same story, different source: http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/hater-judge-unseals-court-documents-from-trump-university-lawsuit-vgtrn?utm_source=vicefbus&utm_campaign=global

I think what Trump said is incredibly stupid. He is literally now telling is that he doesn't trust Hispanics. Not even when they are judges. All Hispanics are now biased against him... ans this is a criticism directed at the Hispanics, not himself. Outrageous. I can't fucking believe the kind if racism Trump is provoking in his campaign. I can't believe anyone other than racists could possibly consider voting for him.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CH156378 said:

So Donald Trump begrudgingly gives a million to our veterans when he is running for president happily gives millions to liberal politicians when he isn't.

Lol, right??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

and yet another Trump thread .......but I support your right to start as many Trump threads as you wish !

Godfather.

I believe the surprised will be you as you watch this country go in the toilet once this idiot gets elected president !!
    no not the whole country, just the people who snuck over here or continue to sneak into this coutry
    ...it might be a little uncomfortable for them. in case you haven't noticed other countries laugh at us now because of Obama...so really ?

Godfather.

what other countries?

Russia, New Zealand (according to friends of mine there) middle east, Germany and so many Americans are unhappy with him as well....that's no secrete.

Godfather.
    russia laughs at the entire world. putin is shady as all fuck so who he, and by extension his country laughs at is pretty much no measure of anything except his arrogance.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

CH156378 said:

Lol, right??
    So what?
    What is so wrong about Trump donating 1million of his own money included in the 6million donated to Veterans?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Same story, different source: http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/hater-judge-unseals-court-documents-from-trump-university-lawsuit-vgtrn?utm_source=vicefbus&utm_campaign=global

I think what Trump said is incredibly stupid. He is literally now telling is that he doesn't trust Hispanics. Not even when they are judges. All Hispanics are now biased against him... ans this is a criticism directed at the Hispanics, not himself. Outrageous. I can't fucking believe the kind if racism Trump is provoking in his campaign. I can't believe anyone other than racists could possibly consider voting for him.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281676-trump-aide-defends-trump-after-bringing-up-judges-mexican
    "I think what's really interesting about this particular judge — as Mr. Trump refers to him as a 'Trump hater' — is he even mentions on his judicial questionnaire that he was a La Raza Lawyers Association member," Pierson said.
    "This is an organization that has been out there organizing anti-Trump protesters with the Mexican flags — they are pushing it. The signs have been very apparent. And so Mr. Trump is just stating the obvious."
    these criminal protesters out there defacing property and attacking police officers," Pierson said.

"They're doing so under the guise of an anti-Trump protest, with their Mexican flags, and La Raza and this judge is connected to that."
  • Options
    Trump should be careful making any more $1,000,000 pledges. By time he loses the election he'll have to file for his 10th bankruptcy. Dude spends more than a liberal.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

I'll let this diverse group of Trump supporters speak to that...

https://youtu.be/v56x9xsRJQI

https://youtu.be/kd_4jx8wB24

Strange though...it looks like the protestors could be the racist ones.
    This is just weak, you can't legitimately refute the racism in his statement so you trot out some diversity in his followers as though that wipes it all clean.

Is or is there not an element of racism in his inability to forgo mentioning that the judge is Mexican? Either deal with what Trump said or leave it alone, don't act like the fact that he has some Latino followers gives him the right to say anything he wants.
    Weak.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Jason P said:

The Rock will be POTUS in 2020.

Has my vote
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281676-trump-aide-defends-trump-after-bringing-up-judges-mexican
    "I think what's really interesting about this particular judge — as Mr. Trump refers to him as a 'Trump hater' — is he even mentions on his judicial questionnaire that he was a La Raza Lawyers Association member," Pierson said.
    "This is an organization that has been out there organizing anti-Trump protesters with the Mexican flags — they are pushing it. The signs have been very apparent. And so Mr. Trump is just stating the obvious."
    these criminal protesters out there defacing property and attacking police officers," Pierson said.

"They're doing so under the guise of an anti-Trump protest, with their Mexican flags, and La Raza and this judge is connected to that."
    I'm sorry, is this a defense? Are you using that shill Katrina Pierson as your source for talking points? Last time I checked, someone born in Indiana is actually American, not Mexican.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/31/politics/stephen-hawking-donald-trump-demagogue/
    "He is a demagogue, who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator."
    yeah we know...

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

• Options
    Even Stephen Hawking can't figure out Trump's popularity. Says he appeals to the lowest common denominator. Thanks Captain Obvious! ;)

http://ti.me/1U9xwN3
  • Options
    Well for some good news for Trump, the official state paper of North Korea has endorsed Trump. That's something to be proud of, right?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/05/31/north-korean-state-media-offers-support-for-wise-politician-donald-trump/
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

I'm sorry, is this a defense? Are you using that shill Katrina Pierson as your source for talking points? Last time I checked, someone born in Indiana is actually American, not Mexican.
    Is anything above incorrect that this "shill" has said?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Is anything above incorrect that this "shill" has said?
    Yes. He's American first off. So that's kind of wrong, wouldn't you say?

He's clearly using it as a pejorative, considering historic context.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

Well for some good news for Trump, the official state paper of North Korea has endorsed Trump. That's something to be proud of, right?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/05/31/north-korean-state-media-offers-support-for-wise-politician-donald-trump/

:rofl:

A new high water mark for the biggest buffoon in politics!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
This discussion has been closed.