Trump

Comments

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    Man if the media would have put this much effort into digging up stuff on Clinton or her foundation she might actually be in prison right now...the tax stuff with Trump is a joke I mean that's what they want to hammer him on?? really???? like there isn't enough out there
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,542
    pjalive21 said:

Man if the media would have put this much effort into digging up stuff on Clinton or her foundation she might actually be in prison right now...the tax stuff with Trump is a joke I mean that's what they want to hammer him on?? really???? like there isn't enough out there

Where have you been? The CF has been getting hammered for months.....nothing there bud except a charity doing charitable works.

Trump's foundation is lining his pockets. Ordered to cease soliciticing funds
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well shit. I wish I could be as unsuccessful as Trump then. I'd be a multi-millionaire!
    I understand about all the speculation about Trump's actual worth, etc. But we actually know nothing, and no matter where his businesses stand, the dude is still a rich mofo and has a looooooooong business career where billions were bought and sold, and had a long-running hit reality show to boot. It's not like he's now destitute. I assume he did waste a whole shit load of his own money on this election though. I bet he regrets that.

Hold on....unsuccessful doesn't necessarily mean he is flat broke

I'm just stating the obvious. If someone loses $1billion dollars in a year they lose the right to call themselves successful.

Not if he had 2 billion. :wink: I guess I just don't consider a person unsuccessful overall just because he suffers a big business failure here and there but keeps on going. If that had ended his entire career and forced him to sell off all of his assets and then retire, I'd agree with you. But when someone with a massive financial/property empire has a really bad year but keeps on going and immediately launches a recovery, I definitely don't consider that person unsuccessful. I consider it a successful person who had a really bad year. I'm sure things like that happen to most of the world's billionaires. All of these suffer failures in their worlds of big business.
    And the reason I'm "defending" this position is because I want criticisms against Trump (and Clinton) to be honest, righteous criticisms. I don't think that is happening with either candidate, and it fucks up the whole election process IMO.
    If he had $2bil then he lost 50% of his net worth via a tax loss. That's bad. That's not a decline in value...that's value that ran out the door in cash or debt that has to be paid back later.

And yes businesses lose money...people lose money....but those people aren't on TV telling us how great they are.
    the last statement is the crux of the issue, and really, all of the issues surrounding trump. for anyone else, no, it's not "unsuccessful". but when you build yourself up as the most successful man on the planet, it is tantamount to lying. his whole campaign is "I'm a super-rich super-successful business man, that's why you should elect me", damn skippy that's relevant.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well shit. I wish I could be as unsuccessful as Trump then. I'd be a multi-millionaire!
    I understand about all the speculation about Trump's actual worth, etc. But we actually know nothing, and no matter where his businesses stand, the dude is still a rich mofo and has a looooooooong business career where billions were bought and sold, and had a long-running hit reality show to boot. It's not like he's now destitute. I assume he did waste a whole shit load of his own money on this election though. I bet he regrets that.

Hold on....unsuccessful doesn't necessarily mean he is flat broke

I'm just stating the obvious. If someone loses $1billion dollars in a year they lose the right to call themselves successful.

Not if he had 2 billion. :wink: I guess I just don't consider a person unsuccessful overall just because he suffers a big business failure here and there but keeps on going. If that had ended his entire career and forced him to sell off all of his assets and then retire, I'd agree with you. But when someone with a massive financial/property empire has a really bad year but keeps on going and immediately launches a recovery, I definitely don't consider that person unsuccessful. I consider it a successful person who had a really bad year. I'm sure things like that happen to most of the world's billionaires. All of these suffer failures in their worlds of big business.
    And the reason I'm "defending" this position is because I want criticisms against Trump (and Clinton) to be honest, righteous criticisms. I don't think that is happening with either candidate, and it fucks up the whole election process IMO.
    If he had $2bil then he lost 50% of his net worth via a tax loss. That's bad. That's not a decline in value...that's value that ran out the door in cash or debt that has to be paid back later.

And yes businesses lose money...people lose money....but those people aren't on TV telling us how great they are.
    the last statement is the crux of the issue, and really, all of the issues surrounding trump. for anyone else, no, it's not "unsuccessful". but when you build yourself up as the most successful man on the planet, it is tantamount to lying. his whole campaign is "I'm a super-rich super-successful business man, that's why you should elect me", damn skippy that's relevant.
    I can tell you this....if I was worth $10billion I would liquidate everything and make myself whole with everyone I screwed over along the way. Trump could do that and still have $3billion left over (IN CASH!!!) if he is worth what he says he is.

He's not worth shit folks...smoke and mirrors.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited October 2016

pjalive21 said:

Where have you been? The CF has been getting hammered for months.....nothing there bud except a charity doing charitable works.

Yes indeed. And seriously, the media isn't putting any effort into this tax stuff at all. It's pretty fucking easy to just sit there and speculate and look at 2 years worth of returns from years ago. I feel like the media is focusing too much on it exactly because they aren't bothered to put any effort into their reporting at all at this point.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

:lol: That's funny!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

Yes indeed. And seriously, the media isn't putting any effort into this tax stuff at all. It's pretty fucking easy to just sit there and speculate and look at 2 years worth of returns from years ago. I feel like the media is focusing too much on it exactly because they aren't bother to put any effort into their reporting at all at this point.
    Well the media is speculating because the only thing they know is that he claimed a 954 MM loss AND that loss would ALLOW him to not pay taxes for 18 years going forward. So there's nothing else teh media can do but speculate. But the interesting part is that the Trump campaign has not denied it. Nor have they committed to release something that refutes it. Therefore the conclusion the media is drawing is that it's true. Remember that his surrogates went on TV yesterday claiming he was a genius, not that it's false.
    The other thing is that the NYT reporter that got this stuff said "no comment" when asked if she received anything else that they are working on...
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

Yes indeed. And seriously, the media isn't putting any effort into this tax stuff at all. It's pretty fucking easy to just sit there and speculate and look at 2 years worth of returns from years ago. I feel like the media is focusing too much on it exactly because they aren't bother to put any effort into their reporting at all at this point.
    Well the media is speculating because the only thing they know is that he claimed a 954 MM loss AND that loss would ALLOW him to not pay taxes for 18 years going forward. So there's nothing else teh media can do but speculate. But the interesting part is that the Trump campaign has not denied it. Nor have they committed to release something that refutes it. Therefore the conclusion the media is drawing is that it's true. Remember that his surrogates went on TV yesterday claiming he was a genius, not that it's false.
    Right. Which means the media should be focusing on other shit until they actually have something to report. There is plenty to choose from!! The media is failing everyone even more than usual right now.
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

Right. Which means the media should be focusing on other shit until they actually have something to report. There is plenty to choose from!! The media is failing everyone even more than usual right now.
    They've been failing everyone for months. They have been giving Trump free advertising forever...time to call the fucker out.

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

They've been failing everyone for months. They have been giving Trump free advertising forever...time to call the fucker out.
    Call them both out and the only news source that has targeted HC is Fox and we expect them to do that...no other network ran with these stories on HC

expose them for what they are if possible

PJ Soul - here's HRC's attack angle. I think it's smart. She's not going after him for a zero tax rate specifically...

“Well, then you all know that in the debate he said it was smart to avoid paying taxes. Yesterday, his campaign was bragging it makes him a genius,” she continued. “Here’s my question: What kind of genius loses a billion dollars in a single year? This is Trump to a T. He’s taken corporate excess and made a business model out of it. He abuses his power, games the system, puts his own interests ahead of the country’s. It’s Trump first and everyone else last.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/clinton-criticize-trump-taxes-229054#ixzz4M3nlE0ll
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
    pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

Call them both out and the only news source that has targeted HC is Fox and we expect them to do that...no other network ran with these stories on HC

expose them for what they are if possible

Bullshit... All networks hit her. I watched them.

mrussel1 said:

PJ Soul - here's HRC's attack angle. I think it's smart. She's not going after him for a zero tax rate specifically...

“Well, then you all know that in the debate he said it was smart to avoid paying taxes. Yesterday, his campaign was bragging it makes him a genius,” she continued. “Here’s my question: What kind of genius loses a billion dollars in a single year? This is Trump to a T. He’s taken corporate excess and made a business model out of it. He abuses his power, games the system, puts his own interests ahead of the country’s. It’s Trump first and everyone else last.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/clinton-criticize-trump-taxes-229054#ixzz4M3nlE0ll
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Smart

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Hillary would be stupid not to go after Trump for not paying taxes.

Voters are in near-universal agreement, though, that paying taxes is every American's civic duty. Nearly 9-in-10 feel that way while just 12% say they see taxes as an unnecessary burden to be avoided. Even among Trump backers, 79% see them as a civic duty.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/03/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-presidential-polls/index.html
    dignin said:

Voters are in near-universal agreement, though, that paying taxes is every American's civic duty. Nearly 9-in-10 feel that way while just 12% say they see taxes as an unnecessary burden to be avoided. Even among Trump backers, 79% see them as a civic duty.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/03/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-presidential-polls/index.html

My first thought is, what a bunch of hypocrites and liars. There is no way I'm believing that any of those people wouldn't use relevant tax laws to pay as few taxes as they are legally obligated to. Easy to say when it's about someone else, but if they can save their OWN money, they will.

edited October 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

My first thought is, what a bunch of hypocrites and liars. There is no way I'm believing that any of those people wouldn't use relevant tax laws to pay as few taxes as they are legally obligated to. Easy to say when it's about someone else, but if they can save their OWN money, they will.

I really don't know what you are trying to argue here. This is politics. This is an issue that hurts Trump. 9 out of 10 Americans think he is offside.

Also, Romney paid more taxes than he had to... because he was smart and he wanted to be president. It was a big issue 4 years ago, because people thought he didn't pay enough.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/romney-paid-required-raising-tax-rate-141-percent/story?id=17291504
    Post edited by dignin on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,674
    Hope the people who support drumpf sleep well..

Trump: Military suicides happen to servicemembers who 'can't handle it'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/03/politics/donald-trump-ptsd-suicide/
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

The tax issue is simple. It shows that he lost a MASSIVE amount of money.

He keeps saying that it shows he is "smart"...it doesn't, it shows that he lost a MASSIVE amount of money

That is ridiculous. Businesses take risks...sometimes they win and sometimes they lose. The "smart" businessman knows how to shield themselves and/or how to sustain a loss while still moving forward. That number is massive on our scale but not massive at Trump's scale. The fact that he took that loss and yet is where he is today in business shows that he is indeed "smart". Again this is so silly except to the novice.
    How many troops did he support with his state, local and real estate taxes?
    Ahhhh...so if you don't pay more taxes then you're legally required too then you don't support the troops. I get it. I was under the impression that it is evil republicans who question people's patriotism.
    You are always forgetting that these criticisms of Trump are meant to point out his glaring his hypocrisy, not the critic's genuine concerns.
    Sure but I don't see in this situation how it shows him to be particularly "hypocritical". He doesn't deny taking advantage of the rules of the system to benefit his business while running to change the rules now that he's chosen a different calling. The attack just seems to fall flat with me. The New York Times is throwing out a big loss from 1995 without saying much else. Will the price tag make people care? I just don't know.
    You don't see the hypocrisy in being the head of the party that demonizes poor people for taking advantage of the rules and then doing so for millions more dollars?
    Trump is not doing this.
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/03/us/politics/trump-taxes-twitter.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&referer=http://m.facebook.com/
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

He keeps saying that it shows he is "smart"...it doesn't, it shows that he lost a MASSIVE amount of money

That is ridiculous. Businesses take risks...sometimes they win and sometimes they lose. The "smart" businessman knows how to shield themselves and/or how to sustain a loss while still moving forward. That number is massive on our scale but not massive at Trump's scale. The fact that he took that loss and yet is where he is today in business shows that he is indeed "smart". Again this is so silly except to the novice.
    Ahhhh...so if you don't pay more taxes then you're legally required too then you don't support the troops. I get it. I was under the impression that it is evil republicans who question people's patriotism.
    You are always forgetting that these criticisms of Trump are meant to point out his glaring his hypocrisy, not the critic's genuine concerns.
    Sure but I don't see in this situation how it shows him to be particularly "hypocritical". He doesn't deny taking advantage of the rules of the system to benefit his business while running to change the rules now that he's chosen a different calling. The attack just seems to fall flat with me. The New York Times is throwing out a big loss from 1995 without saying much else. Will the price tag make people care? I just don't know.
    You don't see the hypocrisy in being the head of the party that demonizes poor people for taking advantage of the rules and then doing so for millions more dollars?
    Trump is not doing this.
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/03/us/politics/trump-taxes-twitter.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&referer=http://m.facebook.com/
    BAHHAHAHHAHAHAH. These were great! What a fucking hypocrite. You could run these tweets with an overlay of his "because I'm smart" or "I'm a genius" comments and it would be a killer ad.

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Trump is not doing this.
    Great find, case closed.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    He now has a 29 % chance of winning on Nate Silvers site. :lol:

That PTSD remark was a new low. I even searched on Facebook to see any dittoheads who would spin and defend it. A couple of them did and even had open comments to everyone and I basically chewed them out and trolled those apologist scum because I'm gangsta like that.

He now has a 29 % chance of winning on Nate Silvers site. :lol:

That PTSD remark was a new low. I even searched on Facebook to see any dittoheads who would spin and defend it. A couple of them did and even had open comments to everyone and I basically chewed them out and trolled those apologist scum because I'm gangsta like that.

Where did you troll? Breitbart? That place is just the best. It's so utterly unhinged.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    She's starting to pull ahead and Johnson's support is waning....
    www.myspace.com

the thing is, this to me just falls into the category of "he meant well but he's just a terrible public speaker". he doesn't know how to get his point across on the most basic level, and this quote is evidence of that. I really believe he was not meaning that those that commit suicide are "weak", just that mental health access for people with PTSD is an issue.

I could be giving him way too much credit, but I think, as is the case in many other instances, people jump on him for a comment because it's him and they frame it a certain way because of that.

www.headstonesband.com

the thing is, this to me just falls into the category of "he meant well but he's just a terrible public speaker". he doesn't know how to get his point across on the most basic level, and this quote is evidence of that. I really believe he was not meaning that those that commit suicide are "weak", just that mental health access for people with PTSD is an issue.

I could be giving him way too much credit, but I think, as is the case in many other instances, people jump on him for a comment because it's him and they frame it a certain way because of that.
    I doubt the meaning well part.
    It's clear that he can't get his point across on a basic level, but his point usually comes from a shitty perspective to begin with.
    This is a pattern with Trump, he fails to see suffering and hardship and accept it, he seems only to be able to view such things from the perspective of those who are not effected. It's always about strength vs weakness with Trump, and his ridiculous ego would never allow him to admit, accept, or make concessions for perceived weakness.
    rgambs said:

It's clear that he can't get his point across on a basic level, but his point usually comes from a shitty perspective to begin with.
    This is a pattern with Trump, he fails to see suffering and hardship and accept it, he seems only to be able to view such things from the perspective of those who are not effected. It's always about strength vs weakness with Trump, and his ridiculous ego would never allow him to admit, accept, or make concessions for perceived weakness.
    I know what you are saying, but I think he honestly has a soft spot for those that have served. you are right, he seems to have zero empathy for civilians, but I think he might actually have some geniune feelings for those in the military, especially those that have been to war. just a hunch.

I honestly hope people take it the way you did....means he is one step closer to his concession speech blaming rosie odonell for eating his microphone.

www.headstonesband.com

rgambs said:

I know what you are saying, but I think he honestly has a soft spot for those that have served. you are right, he seems to have zero empathy for civilians, but I think he might actually have some geniune feelings for those in the military, especially those that have been to war. just a hunch.

I honestly hope people take it the way you did....means he is one step closer to his concession speech blaming rosie odonell for eating his microphone.
    Hahaha that's a nice image!

I disagree, I think he looks down on service members as much, or maybe more, as anyone else.
    From his bone spur deferment to his McCain comments, his Khan family attack, his charity events for veterans that never yeild money to veterans...etc
    It's all another way to endear himself to his jingoistic, red meat, low class base.
This discussion has been closed.