Options

The Stone Roses announce US show for 2016!

TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
edited February 2016 in Other Music
The Stone Roses have announced a US Date! And at the iconic Madison Square Garden no less! This looks to be their only US show this year. They have already announced a short tour of the UK and Asia, and now this one show in NYC, It will also be the first east coast show the band has played in 20-plus years. Tickets go on sale this friday at 10am.

Can I expect to run into any other jammers there? :rock_on:
Post edited by TFlyer on

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,950
    Why do these bands skip over the middle of the US. At least do a Chicago show.
  • Options
    @Tim Simmons I am pleased that they are playing the US at all this year. Especially with how their show here in 2013 went. They played at Cochella (why is a mystery to me) they were poorly received due to the fact that most of the audience had no idea who they were, they suffered from sound issues, and it was just a poor atmosphere. I think the fact that they were able to get a slot at MSG this time around is fantastic.
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    I might be persuaded to go if they were doing some new material....or if Ian magically regained his pipes, but I think both of those are beyond hope so I'm gonna have to pass.
  • Options
    They have the new material they have just held out on it so I wouldn't be surprised if this tour was the time they decided to test the waters for it. It does seem like the time to expect something big from them. I feel like the 2013/14 shows was them testing the waters. The new live versions of the songs they played then we're pretty interesting as well.

As far as your statement on King Monkey's pipes, my take is....it's all in what you make of it just like everything else. Nothing stays fresh and new forever, you have to enjoy what you can when you can.

I will be there happy as a pig in sh :) t
  • Options
    IF they have new material and it's debuted before the MSG show, I may have to scrounge up the funds. That just might be worth it.
  • Options
    Anyone else snag tickets to this one?
  • Options
    New ep dropping tomorrow??????? SR040316???????
  • Options
    Oh man
  • Options
    Ian Brown forum mod says nothing is Planned.
  • Options
    Sources are conflicting as to if new material will be released. Some are speculating one thing others another.

All that aside I am just going to say one thing, this band is always about the mystery. They are pne of the few bands who have been able to keep things under wraps until the last second when they will make an announcement out of the blue via twitter or facebook. Do you really think they would let rumours effect anything they had planned?

Another thing to note, they've had "newies" at least since 2012 as hinted at in their documentary film. It's only a matter of time as to when they actually get released.

:i_dunno:
  • Options
    According to NME, new album out this summer to coincide with their summer tour dates.....stay tuned!
  • Options
    Like I said, the new songs are out there and have been for a while. Just a question of when and how they will be released.

My two cents on that whole rumour flustercluck that went on was they were going to announce something else like another show at the end of this tour and then with all the fuss it kicked up they decided to pull back and wait for that announcement.

:i_dunno:
  • Options

Ian Brown forum mod says nothing is Planned.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-stone-roses/92519

Ian Brown has confirmed the new album is coming soon
  • Options
    New single to be released tonight....album can't be too far away. I really hope it's good.
  • Options
    Don't get me started man. Im absolutely pissing myself with everything that's been going on what with the mysterious lemon posters and all the rumours. :lol:

If you don't hear from me after today I died listening to the new Roses tune :lol:
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,435
    The Mrs. and I are going to see them in Manchester next month; they had to cancel their Japan gigs due to Reni's rib injury.
  • Options
    Holy sh*t that new track was AMAZING
  • Options
    The single is on US and UK iTunes now, I recommend it highly
    JOEJOEJOE said:

The Mrs. and I are going to see them in Manchester next month; they had to cancel their Japan gigs due to Reni's rib injury.

Definitely jealous that you are going to see them in Manchester. That will be a fantastic show.
  • Options
    chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    The new song sucks imo.
    And I was a DIE HARD Stone Roses fan back in the late 80's/early 90's. Hell, I even liked Second Coming. Squire still has it as a guitarist obviously, but just don't see any originality in this new track.
    Trust me...I wish I thought differently.
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Options
    Well I guess you can't win them all :i_dunno:. I am really digging the vibe of the new tune however as are my friends. I'm also looking forward to hearing it live in NYC. I also look forward to the possibility of something else happening tomorrow (based off of what Mani said)
  • Options
    chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    TFlyer said:

Well I guess you can't win them all :i_dunno:. I am really digging the vibe of the new tune however as are my friends. I'm also looking forward to hearing it live in NYC. I also look forward to the possibility of something else happening tomorrow (based off of what Mani said)

Yep! And trust me...I was looking forward to this! This band wrote a masterpiece with their self titled debut. Enjoy the show in NYC!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Options
    Its a nice track. Thats about it.
  • Options
    um....ok. I was hoping for a little more than what we got. Squire still sounds ok, but those lyrics are pretty bad. I'll listen a few more more times to see if it grows on me but I'm not too optimistic. Hoping the rest of the album is better.
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    Wasn't digging what I've heard of the track. Sounded a bit like Smashmouth soundtracking an Austin Powers movie.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,435
    They announced the support acts for the Manchester shows....Public Enemy appearing at all 4 shows.....appearing at only 1 show include Paul Heaton, Buzzcocks, Courteeners, The Coral
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    i'm really digging "All For One" a lot
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0XZ9qjMil8
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    possibly another single dropping today....stay tuned.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Croos1226 said:

possibly another single dropping today....stay tuned.

from their facebook page:
    THE STONE ROSES WILL RELEASE A NEW SINGLE BEAUTIFUL THING AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    New single is great!!
  • Options
    Great second single! The vinyl is limited to 5000 copies worldwide aswell. Something tells me they are just getting started on something bigger.

I'm loving this!