Roadies *update . One & only season ..

Comments

• RS151862RS151862 Posts: 2,640
    deadendp said:

I liked Episode 2 far better than Episode 1.

Just finished episode 2.. Also thought it was much better.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• iammine16iammine16 Posts: 830
    I also enjoyed Episode 2 much more than Episode 1. I personally found all the PJ stuff to be misplaced and overdone...Given to Fly would have been good enough for me, I didn't need the fired PJ guy crying about his love for Mike McCready
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    iammine16 said:

I also enjoyed Episode 2 much more than Episode 1. I personally found all the PJ stuff to be misplaced and overdone...Given to Fly would have been good enough for me, I didn't need the fired PJ guy crying about his love for Mike McCready

I agree. They just tried too hard with all of it. Wasn't quietly placed. Episode 1 seemed very name droppy with Pearl Jam. Good to see that they reeled that in.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,813
    Would you guys feel differently if it was another band mentioned? Or another song used in that scene?
    I miss igotid88
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    igotid88 said:

Would you guys feel differently if it was another band mentioned? Or another song used in that scene?

No.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Something about Luke Wilson. Just not feeling it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SpunkieSpunkie Posts: 6,463
    They smeared the potato head to resemble a dirty sanchez. Quite possibly another PJ reference...
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Hey guys, hoping some of the art fans are watching this show cuz this is driving me crazy. Where have I seen the bear constellation backdrop artwork before? I've tried googling but I'm not hitting the right keywords.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,557
    demetrios said:
    Roadies is a drama? Could have sworn it was a comedy with all that cheesy humor.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,184
    edited July 2016
    Saw the pilot. My friend said afterwards "that was cringey..."

I sort of agree. Don't really see the point in watching episode 2...

It should have been set in the early 80s and during a Stillwater reunion, and have cameos from the Stillwater members, Jason Lee etc.

Or be about an actual present rockband.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

Saw the pilot. My friend said afterwards "that was cringey..."

I sort of agree. Don't really see the point in watching episode 2...

It should have been set in the early 80s and during a Stillwater reunion, and have cameos from the Stillwater members, Jason Lee etc.

Or be about an actual present rockband.

I thought it would have been neat if they never even introduced or developed the band members characters. Now we have this crappy sub-plot with the lead singer kissing his fingers...
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2016/07/jackson-browne-eddie-vedder-robyn.html

Jackson Browne, Eddie Vedder, Robyn Hitchcock & More in Season Finale of "Roadies"

by VVN Music

The new Showtime series Roadies gives an insider look at the life of the people behind the scenes in music, the people who moves the equipment from city-to-city in time for the next show.

Produced by Cameron Crowe, the show premiered two weeks ago and will run through August 28 when a finale will air with a number of artists brought in by Cameron especially for the show.

Among those appearing are veteran artists Jackson Browne, Eddie Vedder and Robyn Hitchcock along with Jim James, Nicole Atkins, Jess Wolff, Holly Laessig (Lucius) and Gary Clark, Jr.

The show has an impressive cast that includes Luke Wilson, Carla Gugino, Imogen Poots, Rafe Spall, Keisha Castle-Hughes, Peter Cambor, Colson Baker (a.k.a. Machine Gun Kelly) and Ron White.

From the press release:

The ROADIES soundtrack will be released by Republic Records and Stardog Records. Previously announced tracks include I Wish I Was Sober by Frightened Rabbit featuring Mike McCready, Are You Satisfied? by Reignwolf, and Big Love by Lindsey Buckingham.

The hyper-eclectic music featured on ROADIES includes works from artists as wide-ranging as Bob Dylan, The Ramones, The Replacements, The Ting Tings, Jeff Buckley and more. Many of music's best are appearing in the series, including Lindsey Buckingham, The Head & the Heart, Lucius, Halsey, Jim James and Reignwolf, who also contributes some of the score for this season's second episode. Joy Williams (The Civil Wars) guest stars. Crowe, with help from ROADIES producer and Stardog Records label president Kelly Curtis, hand-picked the genre-bending, decade-spanning mix of new and classic rock, indie, folk, bluegrass, electronic, and blues and more. Featured music includes an extremely rare, never-before released cover of Bob Dylan's Farewell Angelina by Jeff Buckley and Gary Lucas, Dreams of Flying off of Tom Petty's band Mudcrutch's recent record, Buckingham's Bleed to Love Her and Big Love, Hannah Huston from The Voice on I Can't Make You Love Me, Loudmouth from the Ramones and Given to Fly by Pearl Jam. The songs will at times reflect some of the Staton-House band tour stops - in the episode in which the band performs in Atlanta, the music includes Kick Your Game by the Atlanta trio T.L.C. and the live version of Oh Atlanta by classic band Little Feat.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Maggot brain at last night episode as song of the day!!hope band plays it again at a show!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I think it's the writing. I can't connect with any of the characters.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    LukinFan said:

I like the show.. but you're right.. there seems to be a slight artifical quality to all the characters. Can put my finder on it though..... I still enjoy the show though...
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Zod said:

LukinFan said:

I like the show.. but you're right.. there seems to be a slight artifical quality to all the characters. Can put my finder on it though..... I still enjoy the show though...
    I enjoy it too, but I think if it wasn't for the music so far, I would had given up on it after the first or second episode. (I haven't watched last night's episode yet. Maybe it gets better? I just want a reason to care about any of the relationships that they're trying to get us to care about. Give me a connection!)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan said:

Nailed it Roger. After last night's episode I can't watch anymore.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    I enjoy the show and the music, but the writing is not great. I agree it seems forced.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

http://www.theuncool.com/2016/08/08/roadies-episode-7-song-list/

Roadies Episode 7 – Song List

Episode 7 – Carpet Season:

“Nobody Really Cares If You Don’t Go to the Party” – Courtney Barnett
    “World Spins Madly On” – The Weepies
    “Lost Verses” (Acoustic) – Sun Kil Moon
    “Always Something” – Cage the Elephant
    “Advice on Bears” – Boats
    “Cary On, Carry On, Carry On” – He’s My Brother, She’s My Sister
    “Pedestrian at Best” – Courtney Barnett
    “Hold Me Down” – Halsey (with Machine Gun Kelly)
    “I Am Not Waiting Anymore” – Field Report
    “Banditos Eternos” – Derek Poulsen
    “Blue Mountain” – Derek Poulsen
    “Ghost” – Halsey (Song of the Day)
    “Hollow Head/Hollow Heart” – Austin Basham
    “Outside the Lines” – Mike McCready
    “The 4:19” – Lewis & Leigh
    “Lawless Avenue” – Jackson Browne
    “Feeling OK” – Best Coast
    “Guilt” – Young Buffalo
    “Hollow Crown” – Isaac Gracie
    “Alone” – Trampled by Turtles
    “Heaven is a Place On Earth” – Cast of Roadies
    “Make You Mine” – Black Lips
    so fun 7th episode.."Ashley says hi.." .hahahhaa
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    By far last night episode was the best one ..
    The lynyrd skynyrd story was incredible and thr acoustic simple man in the end unreal..
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    I finally got into the series, and I'm really enjoying it. Last night's episode was great.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• RS151862RS151862 Posts: 2,640
    Simple Man was pretty good, my favorite so far is still Jim James doing They're All In Love.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

http://www.theuncool.com/2016/08/16/roadies-episode-8-song-list/

Episode 8 – The All Night Bus Ride:

“And Roger” – Derek Poulsen
    “California” – Tyler Lyle
    “Gotta Wanna” – Gun Outfit
    “There is a Storm Comin’” – The Standells
    “The Nitty Gritty” – Shirley Ellis
    “Gimme Three Steps” – Lynyrd Skynyrd
    “Six Days on the Road” – Flying Burrito Brothers
    “T For Texas (Blue Yodel No. 1)” (Live at the Fox Theatre 1976) – Lynyrd Skynyrd
    “Comin’ Home” – Lynyrd Skynyrd
    “Free Bird” (Knebworth Festival Live 1976) – Lynyrd Skynyrd
    “Iceblink Luck” – Cocteau Twins
    “Ghost in You” – Robyn Hitchcock
    “Sweet Home Alabama (Live at the Fox Theatre 1976) – Lynyrd Skynyrd
    “Pawn” (Score) – Mike McCready
    “Just Can’t Get You Out of My Mind” – The Spinners & Dionne Warwick
    “Saturday Night Special” – Lynyrd Skynyrd
    “Phil’s Shoes” (Score) – Jordan Cook
    “All You Can Do is Write About It” (Acoustic) – Lynyrd Skynyrd
    “Simple Man” – Machine Gun Kelly, Peter Cambor & Roadies Cast
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    This show is getting much better. Loved the 'Simple Man' singalong to end the last episode....reminded me of the 'Tiny Dancer' scene from Almost Famous....favorite scene from my favorite movie ever.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    This show has definitely grown on me. Needs more Ron White next season
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435