Options

Wrigley GA is HUGE

Comments

• Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited February 2016
    also means a lot more tickets are gonna be available for each show, and with two shows that's gonna be crazy!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Are those spots behind GA 10c reserved?
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    mschostok said:

Are those spots behind GA 10c reserved?

I think 10c gets some, but not all. If they did get all, that would be a lot of tickets, because the announcement said tickets would be in GA, floor seating, first level, or first row of the second level.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    CapnBob said:

CapnBob said:

That is how it was in 2013 as well ... on a side note, was a bit nerve racking watching everyone rush the field after the rain delay on what is pretty much a huge slip and slide... seen a few people bust their asses but luckily it didn't seem that anyone was injured

It was a little smaller in 2013 because they had side sections up front, at least according to a seating chart posted on here earlier.

This is a photo of the 2013 set up. GA didn't extent all the way across. Definitely bigger this year.
    from the view of your pic my seats were pretty close to yours... lol
    I just read a separate thread with fan club #s from 2013 and location. thanks.......
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911

mcgruff10 said:

Thanks for Fenway and reserved seating ...

Hell yeah! We need to bring it at Fenway and then maybe we ll get reserved seating back again.
    I plan on it I hope people around me will too !
    I ll be on the field night 2 rocking out!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    Weren't people in those sections beside GA complaining that they couldn't see in '13? That might be why they got rid of them.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Wow... well that explains how I won GA then, heh.
  • Options
    pjgrrlpjgrrl DeKalb, IL Posts: 21
    ComeToTX said:

Weren't people in those sections beside GA complaining that they couldn't see in '13? That might be why they got rid of them.

Yes we were in the first section to the right of the pit and our view was mostly of the side of the stage-could only see the band on the large screen.

This thread is starting to make me feel like I shouldn't have chosen GA. Haven't been GA in ages and really wanted to try for the rail. #roadtotherail

"Voice goes by
    Two birds is what they'll see
    Getting lost upon their way"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,249
    pjgrrl said:

ComeToTX said:

Yes we were in the first section to the right of the pit and our view was mostly of the side of the stage-could only see the band on the large screen.

This thread is starting to make me feel like I shouldn't have chosen GA. Haven't been GA in ages and really wanted to try for the rail. #roadtotherail

It would depend on how many tickets they sold for the pit. Usually there's more room than people. Like at a regular GA floor show it thins out at the back and on the sides... everyone forms a half sphere in front of the stage. Hopefully they didn't oversell the put forcing people to stand that far over.
  • Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    Yeah it would suck ass to be all the way to the sides of the pit! You have to think that there will be at least 1500-2000 people in the pit if it's full and being that size!
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,486

CapnBob said:

CapnBob said:

That is how it was in 2013 as well ... on a side note, was a bit nerve racking watching everyone rush the field after the rain delay on what is pretty much a huge slip and slide... seen a few people bust their asses but luckily it didn't seem that anyone was injured

It was a little smaller in 2013 because they had side sections up front, at least according to a seating chart posted on here earlier.

This is a photo of the 2013 set up. GA didn't extent all the way across. Definitely bigger this year.
    from the view of your pic my seats were pretty close to yours... lol
    I assume fan club tickets? If so, and if you don't mind me asking, what is your fan club #. ex mine is 178***. Just looking for a general idea of where my seats might be. Thanks....
    #175, sat middle of section s in 2013
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Peyton18 said:

Yeah it would suck ass to be all the way to the sides of the pit! You have to think that there will be at least 1500-2000 people in the pit if it's full and being that size!

Agreed! Looks like I will be lining up before the sun comes out.
    "Voice goes by
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Peyton18 said:

Maybe I am crazy, but I remember Ed saying that there were 10,000 people on the floor at Trieste. If that is a correct memory, and the pit is full it could be up to 10,000 strong.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Wrigley Field holds a capacity of 42000 for a concert that utilizes the field so the pit will be less than 42000 #optimism
    "Voice goes by
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    edited February 2016
    I'm not going to tell anyone how to live, and not going to tell them what to do...but just going to throw my opinion on here....dont spend the entire day in a GA line to get the front rail. Assuming there is no rain....its a Saturday, it should be a beautiful August day. Hang out in the neighborhood, see the sights, spend time with friends, get some food or drinks. I know people want the rail, but for all the trouble its worth....i would just rather enjoy the day. The pit is all 10c. There will be no outsiders. Everyone just look out for each other, have a good time, we are all on the same team.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Whoops, double post.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    Vedd Hedd said:

I'm not going to tell anyone how to live, and not going to tell them what to do...but just going to throw my opinion on here....dont spend the entire day in a GA line to get the front rail. Assuming there is no rain....its a Saturday, it should be a beautiful August day. Hang out in the neighborhood, see the sights, spend time with friends, get some food or drinks. I know people want the rail, but for all the trouble its worth....i would just rather enjoy the day. The pit is all 10c. There will be no outsiders. Everyone just look out for each other, have a good time, we are all on the same team.

Good strategy to keep the line small for yourself. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Vedd Hedd said:

Good strategy to keep the line small for yourself. ;)
    Haha, after lolla i vowed never to wait for a rail again. Early august, just after a rain. Hot as hell. Got there right when the doors opened and ran to the stage.
    Sucked. Granted it was not a typical pj crowd. I got kicked in the head as people were crowd surfing. A girl burned me twice with her cigarette. And people talked really loud during quiet songs or when ed would address the crowd. Again, not a typical crowd. But that said....the day was spent in the same spot for like 10-12 hours.

I cant help of thinking of people sitting in line, watching the day go by in that neighborhood, only to get 3 rows closer than me when i waltz in at 7pm. Enjoy the day, i say.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:

I agree with you for the most part. It's not something I normally do. This will be my 52 show and I am turning 45 in May and am making a decision to do this as a personal goal. I am working out-getting stronger and more stamina in order to accomplish this goal. Whether or not I am ON the rail will be left up to chance to some extent and I am okay with that. But my #RoadtotheRail is more about the journey than the actual "rail" experience. If I am on the rail, I can scratch it off my bucket list.

Also I live in Chicago so I experience the city every day. If I was traveling somewhere I had never been I probably wouldn't have chosen to try to get the rail.
    "Voice goes by
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    This is even better for reserved seating that way we don't get stuck on the side. Very happy about the setup

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:

Every GA show, I see people lined up around the block starting in the early afternoon. I go have drinks. Have dinner. Have more drinks. Then I see those same people inside the venue, like six feet in front of me when I wander in about half an hour before the opening act.

Seems like a boring way to spend a show day, but to each his own.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options

Vedd Hedd said:

Every GA show, I see people lined up around the block starting in the early afternoon. I go have drinks. Have dinner. Have more drinks. Then I see those same people inside the venue, like six feet in front of me when I wander in about half an hour before the opening act.

Seems like a boring way to spend a show day, but to each his own.
    Agreed. Those same people are literally 6 feet in front of me. And i just walked in and didn't push ahead.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    pjgrrl said:

Vedd Hedd said:

I agree with you for the most part. It's not something I normally do. This will be my 52 show and I am turning 45 in May and am making a decision to do this as a personal goal. I am working out-getting stronger and more stamina in order to accomplish this goal. Whether or not I am ON the rail will be left up to chance to some extent and I am okay with that. But my #RoadtotheRail is more about the journey than the actual "rail" experience. If I am on the rail, I can scratch it off my bucket list.

Also I live in Chicago so I experience the city every day. If I was traveling somewhere I had never been I probably wouldn't have chosen to try to get the rail.
    Fair enough. Good luck in all the goals!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

This is even better for reserved seating that way we don't get stuck on the side. Very happy about the setup

Agreed
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    lolobugg said:

Looks like there are a lot fewer reserved seats on the field this time around, though. It'll be interesting to see whether we occupy some stands. I think we were all on the field in 2013.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    OnWis97 said:

lolobugg said:

Looks like there are a lot fewer reserved seats on the field this time around, though. It'll be interesting to see whether we occupy some stands. I think we were all on the field in 2013.
    In 2013 the field was not all 10c and a lot of us were in the lower and upper bowl. I was in aisle 106.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

OnWis97 said:

lolobugg said:

In 2013 the field was not all 10c and a lot of us were in the lower and upper bowl. I was in aisle 106.
    Hmm. I figured some on the field were not members, but I thought all members were on the field. I kinda hope I get into the stands for at least one show...with a little height for a better view.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    OnWis97 said:

lolobugg said:

Definitely weren't all on the field, there was even a separate option for upper level seats.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    KC138045 said:

OnWis97 said:

lolobugg said:

Just curious... what are your 10club #s. I didn't make it in 2013. but I have a pretty low #.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

KC138045 said:

OnWis97 said:

lolobugg said:

Just curious... what are your 10club #s. I didn't make it in 2013. but I have a pretty low #.
    I was on the field near 3rd base...23X,XXX