Options

Wrigley GA is HUGE

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Yeah I noticed that. Gonna be wild in there.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    That is how it was in 2013 as well ... on a side note, was a bit nerve racking watching everyone rush the field after the rain delay on what is pretty much a huge slip and slide... seen a few people bust their asses but luckily it didn't seem that anyone was injured
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    CapnBob said:

That is how it was in 2013 as well ... on a side note, was a bit nerve racking watching everyone rush the field after the rain delay on what is pretty much a huge slip and slide... seen a few people bust their asses but luckily it didn't seem that anyone was injured

It was a little smaller in 2013 because they had side sections up front, at least according to a seating chart posted on here earlier.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    my bad...don't remember the seating map, but seeing the huge GA from the stadium seats...
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Shit just got real
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    JimmyV said:

:lol:

pearl jam hasn't had a wild pit since about or around '96.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    rival. said:

JimmyV said:

You haven't seen them in South America then, Mexico City was awesome!
    NYPJ
  • Options
    wall232 said:

rival. said:

JimmyV said:

well yeah, those SA fans definitely dial it up a notch.

here in the US, the most action will be the parents elbowing their way to the front to get their 4 year old a tambo.
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057

CapnBob said:

It was a little smaller in 2013 because they had side sections up front, at least according to a seating chart posted on here earlier.

This is a photo of the 2013 set up. GA didn't extent all the way across. Definitely bigger this year.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,289
    What time are the Wrigley shows this year? and what time did they play at in 13?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,251
    rival. said:

JimmyV said:

I've seen two. Most of the Yield tour either had floor seats, or the floor was GA and rest of the venue was reserved seating (this is actually one of my favourite concert setups). The less people on the floor the less crazy it gets. That being said the Missoula '98 pit was pretty good and it was GA floor of a college football stadium.

Seattle II '98 was insane. All of Memorial Stadium was GA. All those people wanting to be at the front. It's the craziest PJ put I've ever seen.

More recently Calgary '09 was pretty crazy. They played a music festival so the whole thing was GA. Big crazy mosh pit. I found that show to be really nostalgic. It felt like I was watching Pearl Jam in the 90's. Lots of older catalog songs in the set, a crazy mosh pit etc...

I think one of the reasons the pits got less crazy with PJ is that the restrict the size of the pit and it's only fan club members in the pit. The less people you let into GA the less people that are surging for the front (which is what causes pits).
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Awesome. Glad GA takes the wings and not reserved where I'll be sitting. I just want to be on the field with a straight on view whether in the middle or back.
  • Options

CapnBob said:

This is a photo of the 2013 set up. GA didn't extent all the way across. Definitely bigger this year.
    from the view of your pic my seats were pretty close to yours... lol
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    CapnBob said:

Hope there will never be a repeat of that GA reentry. That's the biggest shit show I've ever experienced at any show, PJ or otherwise. Horrendously poor security job.
  • Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    Yeah I read where people said it was a free for all after the rain delay!
  • Options
    Peyton18 said:

How does that not happen though? It's GA so no one owns a particular spot. If they evacuate the section there's no accounting for who was where. I guess they could let 100 people back in at a time, but I don't think there's anything that can be done about people getting the same spots back.
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,752
    Zod said:

Peyton18 said:

How does that not happen though? It's GA so no one owns a particular spot. If they evacuate the section there's no accounting for who was where. I guess they could let 100 people back in at a time, but I don't think there's anything that can be done about people getting the same spots back.
    Unfortunately common sense isn't that common. We'd still be waiting for the concert to restart if everyone was able to go back to their exact spot

Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited February 2016
    For anyone who was in GA 2013. Was it loud as hell??
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited February 2016
    Zod said:

Peyton18 said:

There was no announcement to calm people down the minutes before the GA reentry occurred. All around me, GA folks who had been there since early morning were getting anxious, and there were loads more people who did not have GA who were plotting how they were going to get into the pit and get to the rail. People were pushing before the gates opened, I was on Mike's side. For whatever reason, they opened Stone's side first. So everyone on Mike's side got even more anxious and started pushing. I was close to the front of the security barrier and was getting crushed. Security made no attempt to calm every one down. When they opened Mike's side for reentry all hell broke loose. People were full on sprinting. I took the longer way and ran through the reserved seats because no way was I going to run with the rabid people. My ticket buddy was shoved, fell down and got stomped on, she was sobbing by the time she got back into the pit.

Never mind that we lost our spots on the rail, that's not what I'm talking about. Someone should have taken the microphone and made a pre-announcement and security should have been more on top of things. If they can't handle a reentry like that, they should not have GA shows.
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Zod said:

Peyton18 said:

There was no announcement to calm people down the minutes before the GA reentry occurred. All around me, GA folks who had been there since early morning were getting anxious, and there were loads more people who did not have GA who were plotting how they were going to get into the pit and get to the rail. People were pushing before the gates opened, I was on Mike's side. For whatever reason, they opened Stone's side first. So everyone on Mike's side got even more anxious and started pushing. I was close to the front of the security barrier and was getting crushed. Security made no attempt to calm every one down. When they opened Mike's side for reentry all hell broke loose. People were full on sprinting. I ran through the seats because no at was I going to run with the rabid people. My ticket buddy was shoved, fell down and got stomped on, she was sobbing by the time she got back into the pit.

Never mind that we lost our spots on the rail, that's not what I'm talking about. Someone should have taken the microphone and made a pre-announcement and security should have been more on top of things. If they can't handle a reentry like that, they should not have GA shows.
    That's sounds rough. They probably should of controlled the re-entry and limited it so many people per minute. 100. Wait 30 seconds. Another 100, wait 30 seconds... etc..
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Peyton18 said:

yeah, it was an ugly scene. i was a couple rows back on the first base side and saw a lot of people who were sitting in seats on the field hop the barrier that separated them and GA. people saw an opportunity and took advantage of the situation.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    Thanks for Fenway and reserved seating ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rival. said:

Peyton18 said:

yeah, it was an ugly scene. i was a couple rows back on the first base side and saw a lot of people who were sitting in seats on the field hop the barrier that separated them and GA. people saw an opportunity and took advantage of the situation.
    Not the angels of the Pearl Jam fan club!

I refuse to believe it!

Haha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913

Hell yeah! We need to bring it at Fenway and then maybe we ll get reserved seating back again.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    sj9966sj9966 UK Posts: 55
    edited February 2016
    wall232 said:

rival. said:

JimmyV said:

Or the UK, Milton Keynes Bowl was crazy!

Scranton 1992, Manchester 1 2012, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Wrigley 1 2016, Amsterdam 1 2018, Prague 2018, London 2 2018, EV Madrid 2019, Hyde Park 1 2022, Hyde Park 2 2022

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Everyone should go to Europe or SA for a show, it is another beast altogether! The GA pits are huge, I feel like Trieste was twice that size and I have seen SA pictures of festival sized GA pits.. Everyone somehow parties and rocks out harder while being more mature and responsible. It's a thing of beauty, and these big stadium shows are the closest thing to it here in America...
    All that being said, if I can't be in the pit for a show that big I will opt for the arena show instead!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    mcgruff10 said:

Hell yeah! We need to bring it at Fenway and then maybe we ll get reserved seating back again.
    I plan on it I hope people around me will too !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    2013:

2016:

maybe they got accustomed to the GA of the SA tour! :tongue:
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    CapnBob said:

CapnBob said:

from the view of your pic my seats were pretty close to yours... lol
    I assume fan club tickets? If so, and if you don't mind me asking, what is your fan club #. ex mine is 178***. Just looking for a general idea of where my seats might be. Thanks....
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20