Options

Wrigley Reserved.... Did anyone lose with this as your 1st choice?

124»

Comments

• Options
    DEEPDEEP Posts: 274
    edited February 2016
    I just wanna say thanks TenClub!!
    Post edited by DEEP on
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,925
    MK88178 said:

my2hands said:

So if you stayed away from the GA CHOICE as your 1st choice, the GA choice where you had a 60-70% chance of losing......

You were basically guaranteed a ticket to Wrigley.

exactly...

I felt like potentially you could win all 4 sows if you went for reserved and ranked them properly...

but im sure plenty of people fucked it up lol
    You couldn't win 4. But 3 was more than possible. Several people achieved that feat.

1 choice a Boston show
    2nd choice Chi 1
    3rd choice Chi 2

Pretty sure you could've won all 4, right? I haven't heard of it happening, but I don't think think there a restriction on that.
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    I put in for reserved first night only, and scored a pair! Couldn't attend the second show after all and cancelled my entry yesterday morning and re-entered first night only.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,761
    I won Wrigley #2 Reserved with my first choice, but lost Wrigley #1 Reserved with my 2nd.

In hindsight, I should have gone the other way, but I wanted to ensure I would get to at least one show. I thought there might have been a chance of missing both if I'd reversed them.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 512

MK88178 said:

my2hands said:

So if you stayed away from the GA CHOICE as your 1st choice, the GA choice where you had a 60-70% chance of losing......

exactly...

I felt like potentially you could win all 4 sows if you went for reserved and ranked them properly...

You couldn't win 4. But 3 was more than possible. Several people achieved that feat.

1 choice a Boston show
    2nd choice Chi 1
    3rd choice Chi 2

Pretty sure you could've won all 4, right? I haven't heard of it happening, but I don't think think there a restriction on that.
    Yes you could Win all four but the way the odds went the best you could do is 3 of 4.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

exactly...

People get greedy bro. They see that ga option and their eyes light up!
    Greedy? I don't think that's the word for it, homes.

It's a risk/reward thing -- greater risk/greater reward. Plus, losing the lottery doesn't mean you're necessarily shut out. There's still the public ticket sale this Friday.
  • Options
    Dirty MosquitoDirty Mosquito Chicago Posts: 621
    I made wrigley night one reserved 1st priority and wrigley night one GA 2nd priority. I won the reserved.
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    I put in for reserved seating for wrigley 1 & 2 and got both, they were my 1st and 2nd choice with the ga being my later choices....I got reserved seats for both nights! Just glad to be in the building!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I got shut out as night 1 reserved as my first choice and ga as 2nd choice..can't go on 8/22.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Honestly, no offense to anyone, but without screenshots or some form of evidence I can't accept that people got shut out while others with lower priority got it. It flies in the face of everything we have seen in the last 3 lotteries.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    bk159954bk159954 Posts: 166
    Wma31394 said:

I got shut out as night 1 reserved as my first choice and ga as 2nd choice..can't go on 8/22.

Post a screenshot of your results. If that is the case, I would email 10c and ask how others got reserved night one with their 2nd choice.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092

I had Wrigley night #2 - reserved as my 1st Choice, Wrigley night #1 - reserved as my 2nd choice. I lost both, no tix.

Sorry, I'm not buying this. Anyone that had Wrigley 2 reserved as first choice won.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092
    rgambs said:

Honestly, no offense to anyone, but without screenshots or some form of evidence I can't accept that people got shut out while others with lower priority got it. It flies in the face of everything we have seen in the last 3 lotteries.

Exactly.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,925
    Yeah, I'd like to see a screenshot of that too. If it's true, then I'd definitely want an explanation from the 10C.

Dude(ette) has almost 1700 posts here. Not like they are a newbie. And I'd assume no reason to not be telling the truth.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I can easily imagine a scenario where someone blundered their priority selection and came on here to vent, but they have to make their anger plausible so they fudge it enough to make their anger justified.
    Not trying to call anyone a liar personally, but on a rock bands internet forum it is more than just possible.
    We have people trolling obituary threads here, trolling a lottery thread is nothing compared to that.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,509
    I have only seen one or two people claiming this scenario actually happened to them. I find it extremely hard to believe, and even if it did, there may have been some other circumstance at play. For the rest of those that got shut out, their situations are perfectly explained. Priority choice, etc.

In simplest terms...its very easy to see how one could get shut out of "all 6"...put wrigley Ga1 first or Fenway 1 first. Odds are you are going to miss that show. Then if you put wrigley ga1 or fenway 1 second, you had no chance. The rest of your picks, fenway2, Wrigley ga2....leaving wrigley reserved for 5th and 6th options....yeah, you tried for the hardest tickets and made the easiest tickets your 5th and 6th priorities.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    I had Wrigley night 1 GA then Boston night 1 and then Wrigley night 1 reserved. I knew it was a risk putting GA first but that's what it is there for, a chance to be able to get one of the best spots in the house. I won nothing. Lol.

Thank God my wife won GA night 2 and Boston night 2. She also won reserved for MSG 2 and Miami while I got shut out these last two rounds.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,509
    wall232 said:

I had Wrigley night 1 GA then Boston night 1 and then Wrigley night 1 reserved. I knew it was a risk putting GA first but that's what it is there for, a chance to be able to get one of the best spots in the house. I won nothing. Lol.

Thank God my wife won GA night 2 and Boston night 2. She also won reserved for MSG 2 and Miami while I got shut out these last two rounds.

Cool, at least you knew the risk. Ibwas originally going to skip GA, but put it on there knowing the risk. It paid off, but thats the lottery for you. I have been shut out in the past, too.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options

correct. Highly improbable, but not impossible.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

exactly...

People get greedy bro. They see that ga option and their eyes light up!
    It is difficult for me to feel sorry for someone who makes their 1st choice GA, knowing they have a 70% chance of losing. THEN, they make that same show their 2nd choice reserved, also knowing that 100% of the people who made it their 1st choice will be getting tickets before them.

JUST GO FOR RESERVED!!!!
    ITS THAT SIMPLE!!!
    Hahaha

You /We were all happy with the seats that our 10club # got us...For 10-20 years we were all happy. Why not just go for reserved and enjoy the seat that your 10club # gets you?
    I totally agree. Of course, regarding GA...I am too old for that. I am consistently surprised by the preference for GA...I guess it's just not in me to get to the front right when the doors open and not pee for 6 hours.

So I am lucky...my preference for GA gives me an advantage...2 for 2 at Wrigley!!
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

I guess it's just not in me to get to the front right when the doors open and not pee for 6 hours.

you don't have to be RIGHT UP FRONT to enjoy GA. Even the back of the pit (where there is always plenty of room to move) beats the best reserved seats.
  • Options
    JTH said:

OnWis97 said:

I guess it's just not in me to get to the front right when the doors open and not pee for 6 hours.

you don't have to be RIGHT UP FRONT to enjoy GA. Even the back of the pit (where there is always plenty of room to move) beats the best reserved seats.
    In a hockey arena setting, I totally disagree. With the Ten Club, I usually get the lower level in that first section off the stage. It's a side view, but the rise of the seats makes the view great.

But at Wrigley, you are probably right. The lack of rise on the infield makes it tough to see.

Oh well, I am comfortable with my choice given the odds.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,362
    My girlfriend won night 1 reserved as her second choice. There's no way in hell that anyone who had night 1 reserved as their first priority didn't win them. It's just not possible based on how the lottery results from past drawings have been.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    It appears that anyone who put a Wrigley reserved as #1 got it. I'd be curious to know what happened to people that put the two GAs as #1 and #2 and then reserved as #3 and #4.

I scored reserved for both...I feel bad for anyone that got totally shut out...but that certainly validates the idea of going for reserved for the odds.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,362
    OnWis97 said:

It appears that anyone who put a Wrigley reserved as #1 got it. I'd be curious to know what happened to people that put the two GAs as #1 and #2 and then reserved as #3 and #4.

I scored reserved for both...I feel bad for anyone that got totally shut out...but that certainly validates the idea of going for reserved for the odds.

People were getting reserved for night 2 with their fourth choice. I haven't seen anyone get night 1 reserved with lower than their second choice, yet.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    rgambs said:

I think its humorous, in a way, how certain people can be and think that they have the lottery figured out. even so much to say to contact the ten club and ask why someone got it on their 3rd pick while someone else was denied on their 1st pick. it's a lottery and the end statement on the FAQ page is to the effect that no matter what you put in for or priority thereof, anything can happen.

I would like to see screen shots, but feel it's highly unlikely that members are lying. looking at the odds and making an informed decision based on demand, yes there is some positive strategy that can be gained, but one can still get shut out.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016