WINNERS for Fenway or Wrigley? Post here

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

ldent42 said:

my $1 pending charge went poof. pretty sure that means I'm assed out. It's all good. Have fun to all the winners!

What were your picks?
    1st pick was Wrigley 2 GA
    2nd pick was Boston 2 Res

I won the Wrigley :triumph:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Won GA Wrigley 1 7:30 first choice lost on both selections for Wrigley 2
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    FE55353 said:

Got my only choice... Wrigley 1 GA, now to find someone wanting 1 GA for a 2 GA....

PM sent
  • Selection 1 - Wrigley - night 1 reserved - Won
    Selection 2 - Wrigley - night 2 reserved - Won

Thank you 10C
    2006 PJ/Petty Milwaukee Night 1
    2007 Lollapalooza Chicago
    2013 Wrigley Chicago
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
  • bbisonbbison Posts: 218
    Finally got the ding email. 0 for 2016 after 0 for 2014. Still like this better than F5.
    Will still see shows (Wrigley, others) through the lottery fortune of friends. Can't wait! See you all down the road.
    Is this where the show list goes?

11-26-91 / 8-2-92 / 3-15-94 / 7-9-95 / 7-11-95 / 8-29-98 / 9-1-00 / 10-25-03 
    10-23-04 / 10-22-06 / 10-9-09 / 10-23-10 / 10-3-12 / 7-9-13 / 10-21-13
    11-24-13 / 11-26-13 / 10-17-14 / 10-20-14 / 10-25-14 / 4-8-16 / 4-9-16
     4-28-16 / 4-29-16 / 8-20-16 / 8-22-16 / 8-10-18 / 8-18-18 / 8-20-18
  • gnazteegnaztee Battle Ground, WA Posts: 82

Selection 1 - Wrigley - night 1 reserved - Won

Thank you 10C

This is how I wish I'd selected. I went after the lowest hanging fruit (Wrigley 2 Reserved) with my number one pick.
    Portland '93, Seattle 1 '98, Seattle 2 '00, Phoenix '03, ACL '09, Dallas '13, OKC '13, ACL 1 '14, Bogota '15, Wrigley 1&2 '16
  • ryanjp2323ryanjp2323 Posts: 561
    edited February 2016
    Wrigley night one reserved with pick two (missed GA on pick one) Wrigley night 2 reserved with pick 3!

Just checked my past lotto picks. since 2013 im 8 for 9 for shows i've entered for. only miss was seattle in 13.

GA Wrigley, GA Vancouver, GA tulsa, GA St paul, GA QC, reserved Ottawa, reserved 2X Wrigley. Lotto has been good for me!
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • Woke up to confirmation this morning. I am in for Wrigley 1 reserved!
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,072
    gnaztee said:

Thank you 10C

This is how I wish I'd selected. I went after the lowest hanging fruit (Wrigley 2 Reserved) with my number one pick.
    I did that in 2013. Chose Vancouver GA, Seattle Reserved, Vancouver Reserved....

The demand for Vancouver tickets was so low, the GA section was one of the smallest on the tour (I think Vancouver might of been so low it was part of a 2nd chance draw for tickets..?). I learned my lesson for next time. Seattle first, Vancouver 2nd :)
  • Got Fenway 2 as a first choice. Lost Fenway 1 as a second choice. Happy to get one of the two
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • gnazteegnaztee Battle Ground, WA Posts: 82
    Zod said:

gnaztee said:

Thank you 10C

I did that in 2013. Chose Vancouver GA, Seattle Reserved, Vancouver Reserved....

The demand for Vancouver tickets was so low, the GA section was one of the smallest on the tour (I think Vancouver might of been so low it was part of a 2nd chance draw for tickets..?). I learned my lesson for next time. Seattle first, Vancouver 2nd :)
    Well, I wish you'd told me! I guess this is my lesson. Now I have to squirrel some Wrigley 1 tix.
    Portland '93, Seattle 1 '98, Seattle 2 '00, Phoenix '03, ACL '09, Dallas '13, OKC '13, ACL 1 '14, Bogota '15, Wrigley 1&2 '16
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    Zod said:

mattcoz said:

FINALLY!

Wrigley 2 GA - WON!!! :)
    Wrigley 1 RS - LOST :(
    Wrigley 2 RS - LOST (well, duh)
    Wrigley 1 GA - LOST (not even sure why I entered this, heh)

That's weird, I thought I read some people got Wrigley 2 reserved in the 4th round.
    He won ga for wrigley 2..cant win seated for the same show
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    pjl44 said:

Finally got the email. Shut out of both Fenway. Crap.

Damm man..sucks
    Good luck at public sale
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Shawna44 said:

Shawna44 said:

I agree with ya'll here... if they have 1000 GA tix available and 10,000 people have them as their #1 choice... how is it possible for someone to win these tix as one of their "2nd or 3rd choice's"... wouldn't they draw all the tix until they are gone with just the people whom have them as their first choice.... Here is another senerial... someone told me..."maybe its set up that the 1st choice people have their name in the lotto like 50X each, and 2nd choice is like 20X, 3rd choice like 10X... and so on and so forth" which to me would be the only way it makes sense for someone to win their 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th choices... and other lose all 4 of their choices... it has to be something along the lines of that... specially how some people win GA at shows with their 5th choice...sure it was a 1 in a 100 shot... but they hit it...

"For each show we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority,"
    -- some folks got both Fenway 1 & 2...
    So wouldn't that imply everyone who had night1 as their priority would have won their tickets before those who had it as their 2nd choice would have been selected (and vice versa?)
    Or am I just confused :bee:

Posted this earlier but guessing people arent reading 30 pages of info:
    FENWAY - So the explanation(until proven otherwise) is if you put in for night #2 with FIRST CHOICE you WON as there was enough tickets for everyone. Night #1 had more demand then tickets so some people lost. Then the lottery moves to second selections for #2 as everyone got filled with first priority - once again NOT enough tickets for everyone for night #2 with second selections. The lottery doesn't look at if you won tickets with first selection its just comparing 2nd selections to 2nd selections so its possible for a person to win the lottery twice and others none.
    if there was enough tix for everyone...than the odd's percentages wouldn't have started dropping... they would have stayed at 100%... and I did not see any odd's at 100%... wouldn't that mean that more people were asking for tix than tix allowed...
    The system never is on 100%..but 99 actually means that for lost that will happen u enter all shows ..(6 for exable in this lotto) and its your 6th priority..but still u can won even as 6th priority
    Is really weird people still confuse lottery-which is just the system selling the tickets ,with seniority
    Lets say tomorrow 10c announce that they will throw the fan club tickets from empire state building and u need to catch the tickets falling from the sky ..so members with 100 number will be there same as members 500 ..they both will try to catch them...IF and AFTER both score then seniority get involved for seated tix
    This "im member 20 years and never shut out before" has nothing to do with your senioriry and lottery which is ticket sales method only!
  • Is really weird people still confuse lottery-which is just the system selling the tickets ,with seniority
    Lets say tomorrow 10c announce that they will throw the fan club tickets from empire state building and u need to catch the tickets falling from the sky ..so members with 100 number will be there same as members 500 ..they both will try to catch them...IF and AFTER both score then seniority get involved for seated tix
    This "im member 20 years and never shut out before" has nothing to do with your senioriry and lottery which is ticket sales method only!

I like the person who won tickets to one of the Fenway shows, the first show since 2011 that doesn't have GA, (meaning all of the front sections are reserved for higher seniority #s except for 1&2 and 9&10) and this individual STILL makes the time to remark about seniority not meaning anything anymore.
  • dadesdades Posts: 321

Got Fenway 2 as a first choice. Lost Fenway 1 as a second choice. Happy to get one of the two

This, now come on Friday
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018

Is really weird people still confuse lottery-which is just the system selling the tickets ,with seniority

I like the person who won tickets to one of the Fenway shows, the first show since 2011 that doesn't have GA, (meaning all of the front sections are reserved for higher seniority #s except for 1&2 and 9&10) and this individual STILL makes the time to remark about seniority not meaning anything anymore.
    i really try to understand why this is happening..
    im thinking,maybe peoiple dont read the email of the announcement and the details so understand how it works.
    .then i think,they dont understand supply and demand ..
    then they dont get the maths and numbers and what % means at the odds
    then they dont understand what lottery means and random pick up means
    then maybe they dont understand what priority means and how it works
    but ,when i think,hey,im greek,and i read all this in english and i understand,how the rest cant when is written in their native language?
    so my final thought is,that people understand only when they want to understand,
    they like things only when they win and when they cant have or get what they want they just complain cos its feels good to put it out of your chest no matter if u are right or make any sense what u saying..
    i dont know if there is any other explanation
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Me
    Fenway 2 - Won
    Fenway 1 - Lost

Bf
    Fenway 2-Won

Friends
    Fenway 2 - Won
    Fenway 2 - Won

We were lucky
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Got Fenway 1 as my only choice. Pretty excited to see them in MSG then Fenway!
  • MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 488
    edited February 2016
    Back quote by dimi
    im thinking,maybe peoiple dont read the email of the announcement and the details so understand how it works.
    but ,when i think,hey,im greek,and i read all this in english and i understand,how the rest cant when is written in their native language?
    so my final thought is,that people understand only when they want to understand,
    they like things only when they win and when they cant have or get what they want they just complain cos its feels good to put it out of your chest no matter if u are right or make any sense what u saying..

Dimi, you got it right. Some people will get this right away. They are better at math and they understand supply and demand. Even if you understand those two concepts you could get shut out,but there are a couple factors at play here. 1. People are invested in pj and they through the math and odds out the window and vote with their hearts not brains. Hense GA or a show that will be super hard to get tickets.
    2. People over analyze
    3. Some people are not mathematically gifted- I'm not saying dumb their skills are just elsewhere. For myself if we had to do a reading contest to get tickets I would fail.

People need to follow the get yourself in the door method. Don't worry about where you will sit. Just be there and experience PJ'S music. I have sat in almost every section from ga to nosebleeds, behind the stage, side stage,etc, and you can't let that effect your experience. It is about the music and all the great people you meet.

Lastly, there are other ways to get tickets. I purposely didn't go for bos 1 because the demand was so hi. I have tickets to Sunday and you better believe I'll find a way into Friday nights show.

Stay strong
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    While some were shutout.....

It seems like 90% of us got at least one if not two of our selections!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    nite 2 Fenway yes 1st choice
    nite 1 Fenway no 2nd choice

9:32 pm last night email
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,039
    edited February 2016

People don't wanna listen and understand. Just wanna complain when they lose. The lottery is soooooo simple and convenient. What I don't understand is why anyone would want to set aside time (off work or at work) to sit and F5 at the time of a sale. This is coming from someone that has been here a long time and I have lost the lottery more than I've won.

Really simple...
    1. Seniority has never given an advantage to getting 10c tickets!! (Only better seating)
    2. Choose wisely in the window of time given and then wait and see. NO F5ing, stressing, taking off work, etc...
    3. Everyone has an equal chance. Seems extremely fair to me.
    Post edited by Abe Froman on

While some were shutout.....

It seems like 90% of us got at least one if not two of our selections!

yes,,cos was 2 shows at ballpark and not 1 as 2013 wrigley
    and alot already bought tix to other shows at north america..
    at 2013 wrigley was the only show along with that canadian one..
    so huge number opf people tried to score wrigley
    they announce north america 2013 tour.after ticket sales of wrigley was sold out .
    its a great exable supply and demand here

• Nothing for me... entered for both shows at Fenway... sucks! Hopefully I can still find a way to be there... congrats to all that won (which looks like most of you).
    Wrigley 7.19.13 -- OKC 11.16.13 -- ACL 10.5.14 -- Tulsa 10.8.14 -- Memphis 10.14.14 -- Tampa 4.11.16
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215

For some folks I think this is definitely the case.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Measure twice - cut once
  • Signed up for Fenway 1 as first and only choice and won.
    This is the last weekend on my vacation in the u.s. and i can see PJ... how crazy is that?!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215

Measure twice - cut once

Its still 6 inches the 2nd time, and the cutting was done a long time ago.
    This weekend we rock Portland