Super Bowl - Keep Pounding

Comments

• Man I'm glad I'm not a gambler, I was thinking Carolina on this one! Good job, Peyton
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,333
    JDime20 said:

The difference is that Cam does it all the time. If he dabbed once and we never saw it again then cool, no one would care, but it's constant. You're the QB, you're supposed to be the leader and set a good example. Stealing fan's flags and jerseys, naming your kid Chosen and wearing cleats with your personal achievements is a joke and icing on the cake as to why I can't stand him. I'm looking forward to getting to the office in the morning and hearing all the excuses.

Here we go Steelers!

Well I think generally your thoughts are stupid, I agree with 1 thing...

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    why hasn't anyone addressed the "Chosen" thing? You must admit how terrible that is.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • ehbacon said:

why hasn't anyone addressed the "Chosen" thing? You must admit how terrible that is.

I've heard a lot worse baby names than that. It doesn't bother me, seems like the norm nowadays.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    ehbacon said:

In the area I live no one names their kids John or Mary anymore. "Chosen" would actually be considered boring.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    It's over the Panthers have been defeated, maybe Cam can close his fat yap now? Did he say anything stupid after the game?
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,333

It's over the Panthers have been defeated, maybe Cam can close his fat yap now? Did he say anything stupid after the game?

No but Peyton did, he called Budweiser "beer".
    hippiemom = goodness
  • It's over the Panthers have been defeated, maybe Cam can close his fat yap now? Did he say anything stupid after the game?

I count this whole 3 minutes or so as pretty stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8c8BZyfKbg
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664

No but Peyton did, he called Budweiser "beer".
    You would think that after 4 years of living and working in Colorado with over 300 craft breweries that he would know better by now.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    mcrok said:

Cam is the Jordan of football. Ive been saying this since Auburn. Amazing all the haters...i guess losers will always hate winners. Always been that way. Sit back and enjoy the greatness losers.

Woah woah woah woah...
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    I think this SB kinda pointed out why I am not a huge Cam fan. I dont have a huge problem with dancing and showboating...it gets a collective eye roll from me when anyone does it. That said...if you dance and show like that when you win, you really need to be the leader of the team when you lose. that press conference was disappointing.

And as far as showboating...there is no one i hate more than Aaron Rodgers. Enough with the belt. But, in his defense....1. He has been there before. 2. He stands in there and answers the tough questions when they lose. I would still want an anvil to fall out of the sky on him at some point, but ill give him that much.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419

I count this whole 3 minutes or so as pretty stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8c8BZyfKbg
    and there is the problem with Cam Newton. he wants to all the accolades and all the spotlight on him when things are going great but can't be gracious or respectful in defeat. i can't stand that kind of behavior. you want to put the spotlight on you when you win step up and be a man when you lose and act like an adult. too hard for Cam to do though.
  • Cam Newton is a clown - he would rather look good and lose......

That quote was never more evident than when he gave up on that fumble in the 4th.
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524

Cam Newton is a clown - he would rather look good and lose......

That quote was never more evident than when he gave up on that fumble in the 4th.
    pathetic. it would have been bad in a regular game. but the SUPER BOWL when the game is in reach? what a douche.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Giving up on the fumble is a far greater offense than his performance in the press conference. IMO.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668

Cam Newton is a clown - he would rather look good and lose......

I don't particularly like or dislike the guy but the fumble play and press conference ending were both pretty brutal.
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    I'm glad Beyoncé didn't fall over
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • As a die-hard Broncos fan the game went exactly how I expected and wanted. The Denver D wrecked havoc on the Car o-line all day and the mighty Cam Newton got his ass handed to him. And afterwards he shockingly acted like a 5 yr old whose favorite toy just got taken away from him. Good player, has a lot of growing up to do
    Orange Crush!!!!
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,432
    edited February 2016

As a die-hard Broncos fan the game went exactly how I expected and wanted. The Denver D wrecked havoc on the Car o-line all day and the mighty Cam Newton got his ass handed to him. And afterwards he shockingly acted like a 5 yr old whose favorite toy just got taken away from him. Good player, has a lot of growing up to do
    Orange Crush!!!!

exactly....Carolina had some momentum a few times but Denver's defense just crushed them. Not a great performance from Peyton but good enough. He goes out on top.

Edit: And Cam Newton....what a fucking baby
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    Nam Cewton shoulda dove.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Nam Cewton shoulda dove.

He should have but I think he just didn't want to potentially make the ball spit out...the guy on the ground seemed to have it under control
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Those giving Newton a hard time about the press conference should go watch a Belichick or Popovich press conference after they lose a big game and try to find much of a difference. A lot of people don't want to be held hostage to the media and answer questions on why they didn't win but the league forces them to. He really didn't do much different than those to "classy" coaches do.

If anything the most offensive comment was from Peyton after the game working in he was going to drink a lot of Budweiser.... If he wasn't being paid for that he probably soon will be, maybe he could have hummed that catch phrase to the tune of nationwide while wearing a Papa John's apron. Oh wait he already kiss Papa John on the way to make his laughable Budweiser comment.

$$$$

Those giving Newton a hard time about the press conference should go watch a Belichick or Popovich press conference after they lose a big game and try to find much of a difference. A lot of people don't want to be held hostage to the media and answer questions on why they didn't win but the league forces them to. He really didn't do much different than those to "classy" coaches do.

If anything the most offensive comment was from Peyton after the game working in he was going to drink a lot of Budweiser.... If he wasn't being paid for that he probably soon will be, maybe he could have hummed that catch phrase to the tune of nationwide while wearing a Papa John's apron. Oh wait he already kiss Papa John on the way to make his laughable Budweiser comment.

$$$$

People call Belichick classy?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Cam will get his, just not this year!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain

Those giving Newton a hard time about the press conference should go watch a Belichick or Popovich press conference after they lose a big game and try to find much of a difference. A lot of people don't want to be held hostage to the media and answer questions on why they didn't win but the league forces them to. He really didn't do much different than those to "classy" coaches do.

$$$$

Belichick is a whiney douche also. not to mention a cheat.

the league makes them do it. all of them. 99/100 of them do it with class. Newton did not. hopefully he will learn for next time.

Bud released a statement saying that in no way did they know Peyton was going to do it, and he certainly wasn't paid to do it. who knows, maybe he actually likes Bud? I used to. But then I grew up. LOL

www.headstonesband.com

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419

$$$$

the difference is Bellichick and Popovich are always like that win or lose. Cam was all lovely dovey with the media when things were going great. once he got his butt kicked his persona changed. want all the accolades and hype when winning stand up and be a man and take the hard questions when you lose. you can't have it both ways. either be that way all the time or none of the time.
  • pjhawks said:

$$$$

the difference is Bellichick and Popovich are always like that win or lose. Cam was all lovely dovey with the media when things were going great. once he got his butt kicked his persona changed. want all the accolades and hype when winning stand up and be a man and take the hard questions when you lose. you can't have it both ways. either be that way all the time or none of the time.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
    ^^^ exactly

www.headstonesband.com